NEurope
Murr

Super Mario All-Stars

If they're not changing it, I hope they'll at least make the games compatible with HD TVs without having to fiddle about needlessly with stupid button combinations.

At the very least they should expand the view range to make it widescreen.

Dunno about the graphics, they were updated in Super Mario Allstars, why not give the option of SMA makeover or original NES graphics? As for remaking them all in NSMB style - no thanks, I liked the SMA look, and Super Mario World on the SNES never needs it's lovely graphical style messing with, EVER! Wouldn't mind seeing Yoshi's Island thrown in though.

Lazy port and a booklet. woohoo.

And soundtrack.

All together now!

Do doo doo, doo doo doo doo!

Dunno about the graphics, they were updated in Super Mario Allstars, why not give the option of SMA makeover or original NES graphics? As for remaking them all in NSMB style - no thanks, I liked the SMA look, and Super Mario World on the SNES never needs it's lovely graphical style messing with, EVER! Wouldn't mind seeing Yoshi's Island thrown in though.

It would be pretty nifty that if you shook the controller for long enough, the screen would shake and revert back to the 8-bit graphics to the accompaniment of the power down noise and then the same could work to bring them back to 16-bit with the power up sound.

Looking at the pics Flink posted though, I have to to agree that SMW looks so much better than the NSMB efforts. I always thought it in my mind but I wasn't sure if I was just being unnecessarily harsh on NSMB as I'm not a big fan. According to those pictures at least, I was right all along.

It would be pretty nifty that if you shook the controller for long enough, the screen would shake and revert back to the 8-bit graphics to the accompaniment of the power down noise and then the same could work to bring them back to 16-bit with the power up sound.

The Monkey Island Special Edition allowed you to switch between the classic and new versions.

While we're all talking about great things that won't happen. Does anybody remember Four Swords Adventures? That game was beautiful. Something similar to that would be amazing.

The Monkey Island Special Edition allowed you to switch between the classic and new versions.

While we're all talking about great things that won't happen. Does anybody remember Four Swords Adventures? That game was beautiful. Something similar to that would be amazing.

Four Sword Adventures - the best WiiWare game that was never made...

I swear they said they intended to make it at some point but it never seems to have come about.

Amazon states these games are ports of Super NES versions:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/07/mario_collection_port/

Amazon has started taking pre-orders for Super Mario Collection Special Pack. If you feel the need to pre-order a game that you can probably pick up on day one without problem, by all means do so.

The big news from the listing is the product description, which appears to have been removed from the listing but was already cut and past into a story at the reliable Game Jouhou.

According to the description, Collection is a port of 1993's Super Mario Collection, known overseas as Super Mario All-Stars. In case you were hoping for a New Super Mario Bros. Wii graphics overhaul (and for ¥2,500, you really shouldn't have been), you can probably stop hoping for that right now.

Amazon also confirms that the game will include a booklet recapping 25 years of Mario history with previously unseen development materials and a soundtrack with music from the original Super Mario Bros. through Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Collection Special Pack is being released to commemorate Super Mario's 25th anniversary and will be a limited time production, Amazon says. Hmm... maybe it would be a good idea to pre-order this one.

A bunch of listings for Collection have popped up at retailers and then disappeared today, so it's possible that Nintendo is asking retailers to hold off on the listings until the product has been officially announced. However one retailer did manage to post a tiny promotional image:

Edited by Zechs Merquise

So no Super Mario World then? judging by that image.

2132424741_view.jpg

It's a video from Nintendo celebrating 25 years of the Super Mario. This is the Australia version but there is a Japanese one floating about too.

Cheers Retro!

The Japanese one shows both Super Mario Bros 2 (The Lost Worlds) and Super Mario USA - the latter of which didn't come out until 2 years after Super Mario World. You learn something new every day it seems.

Edited by Captain Falcon
linked

That video was amazing! But also goes to show that if this Mario collection is going to do the series justice, it must include Mario 64 and Mario World too! (and possibly Sunshine, though I'm not sure it would be possible with disc space)

Why must it include all this shizzle....I'd be happy for a budget priced (or regular price if with worthy physical additions) with the original Mario All Stars Set Up plus maybe SMW which was released as a special All Stars + package on the SNES...

Also don't want the physics mucking about keep them the same god damn it! They are repackingings of classics not remakes!

That video was amazing! But also goes to show that if this Mario collection is going to do the series justice, it must include Mario 64 and Mario World too! (and possibly Sunshine, though I'm not sure it would be possible with disc space)

You could fit all those on a DVD twice.

This is just celebrating the first 5/6 years of Super Mario, not the last 25 years.

Should do, though.

Maybe.

Either way, like the idea, but it's been done to death! Yo dawg, I heard you like remakes so we remade our remake so you can play a remake whilst playing our remake.

Looking at the pics Flink posted though, I have to to agree that SMW looks so much better than the NSMB efforts. I always thought it in my mind but I wasn't sure if I was just being unnecessarily harsh on NSMB as I'm not a big fan. According to those pictures at least, I was right all along.

Something about the SMW picture irks me, I think it's been touched up a bit, looks a bit too smooth round some edges.

EDIT: Actually maybe it is a straight pic, I think I'm just weird. Watching the vid, made me briefly think sunshine was underrated(and it was in part, it had a big challenge to live up to) but it did make me realise it had some pretty funky tunes in it.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

How come these videos celebrating the Mario Bros series include the likes of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy but ignore the excellent Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2?! I mean if New Super Mario Bro DS is in there why not the other handheld games? I mean sure its meant to be 25 years of mario bros...so then like I said why include the 3D ones?

Without bothering to research myself I've heard that the games in that advert are the ones specifically directed by Miyamoto, hence why stuff like SML and SML2 aren't.

Without bothering to research myself I've heard that the games in that advert are the ones specifically directed by Miyamoto, hence why stuff like SML and SML2 aren't.

hmm no I'm pretty sure super mario world, sunshine, galaxy 1 and 2 were not directed by miyamoto to name a few so It's not that..

Probably just cut it out for time? No idea.

How come these videos celebrating the Mario Bros series include the likes of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy but ignore the excellent Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2?! I mean if New Super Mario Bro DS is in there why not the other handheld games? I mean sure its meant to be 25 years of mario bros...so then like I said why include the 3D ones?

Maybe because SML1 & 2 where developed by R&D1 (/Intelligent Systems) rather than Nintendo EAD? Maybe they were just too obscure (especially SML1).

Edited by Ike

They were so awesome though. Only went back and completed each one (including SML3) for the first time ever a few months ago.

Maybe because SML1 & 2 where developed by R&D1 (/Intelligent Systems) rather than Nintendo EAD? Maybe they were just too obscure (especially SML1).

By obscure do you mean abstract?