N-Europe

Ghostbusters 3? - Son of Ghostbusters?

Murr

We already knew that the long-gestating Ghostbusters 3 was going to revolve around a younger set of GBs, with the original gang serving more as mentors this time around, but a report online claims that the filmmakers will be keeping the new protagonist in the family so to speak.

If true the following rumor is a big spoiler. Proceed at your own peril!

According to Bloody-Disgusting, an insider claims "Dana's [sigourney Weaver] son Oscar is in fact Peter's [bill Murray] child as well. Furthermore, Oscar is now 21-ish and ready to take the reigns of his father's ghost busting business!"

The site didn't know just how far along the perpetually in-development GB3 is, but "word has it things are actually progressing nicely (contrary to what Murray is saying)."

Source - IGN.com

no....no no no no no....

this sounds worse than the idea of having Bill Murray killed off early in GB3 and playing a ghost in the fim..

not liking this idea.

Oscar wasn't Peter's kid, this smells like BS to me! How hard can it be to come up with an interesting and fun idea for another Ghostbusters movie??

Even the second one, which was a good film but not a patch on the original, retread too much of the same ground as the first and suffered as a result. Yet the cartoon The Real Ghostbusters churned out quality stories and comedy how many dozens and dozens of times over?!

Edited by Chainclaw

WTF.

GB2 was AMAZING, I do not understand the hating.

And this sounds amazing too. FFS. Seriously, fuck all of yous.

Don't get me wrong, it's a funny film, 3 out of 5 stars, but it copied too many ideas from the original, as if they'd used up all their ideas already. But despite that it was still good and I still enjoyed it and own it now on DVD.

The toaster scene is a classic, and Venkman's laundry rule is something men have lived by ever since!