N-Europe

eBay or Boot Sale?

jayseven

I'm sorting some shit out, and so far I've come across a PSX with a bunch of games (including an NTSC Chrono Cross, which must surely be worth a few quid?), a master system II with games, my old n64/ngc mags with loads of the free gifts (game guides, cards, fridge magnets, etc), and of course a crapload of books.

I've never really used eBay, so I don't really know what's worth selling on there - maybe Chrono Cross, but it's hard to see whether it's worth it, seeing as there's a fatory-sealed one going for £15 (with 3 days left of bidding), a UK one going for £2 but with 5 days left of bidding and a jap one going for £16 but with 26 (!!!) days left of the bid.

Similarly, the magazines are all up for like 99p + £1.75 p&p, mostly with no bids except the odd one here-or-there. There doesn't really seem to be much demand... so am i better off just going to the car boot and saying 50p a mag?

I don't really know why I'm asking. Really I'm hoping someone'll know about Chrono Cross...

You're not going to get any good sale prices on a car boot. Car boot is for picking up bargains from idiots selling ridiculously rare stuff for 50p.

Don't hold your breath with Chrono Cross either :/ Maybe "watch" the top item on here:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=chrono+cross&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Edited by Shorty

Oh yeah I got my n64 and GC stuff too but that's in another box in another room :P I've only got like 6 n64 games, i know i have vigilante 8 second offence and blast corps but I can't remember the rest...

I figured I'd probably not get much for anything at a car-boot, but if I can sell half of my stuff for 50p/£1 each then I can maybe make a tenner and just free up a lot of space. I'm probably just going to throw away the master system and playstation. IIRC neither console fully works anymore, anyway.

Yeah, I know I was always a bit of a hoarder, but last year some of my stuff didn't leave the boxes from when I moved out of the flat, and this year there's even more in boxes. I live out of a suitcase. My mum's place is just ridiculously overcrowded with shit she doesn't need -- she has dozens of VHS, old GCSE text books, massive hardback Joanna Trollope 'novels'.

I bought her a laptop to free up the PC space, transferred everything off of the computer and onto the laptop and now she's refusing to get rid of teh PC, not even box it up, which would free up enough room in the lounge to move the bookcase in from the corridor (which is about as wide as ours was, Shorty).

The hardest stuff to throw away are those 'memory' things. I've got shitty little medals/trophies from when I played football, love-letters from my teenage years... I'm never going to have them on display, I just can't get rid of 'em.

I have a memories "tin", I'm planning to upgrade to a memories "chest" at some point. Like that one Clark has in his Barn. Stupid sentimental crap you can't bring yourself to get rid of can be transferred there guilt free, it can be tucked under a bed, and will highlight just how unimportant the rest of the stuff is. Man, I hung on to the weirdest things, my parents house has stuff like... a 10 year old completely empty can of Lynx White Label, cos it was a limited edition (even though it's just basically Axe Tsunami, which I have learned in recent years through the power of Google).

I've never really used eBay, so I don't really know what's worth selling on there - maybe Chrono Cross, but it's hard to see whether it's worth it, seeing as there's a fatory-sealed one going for £15 (with 3 days left of bidding), a UK one going for £2 but with 5 days left of bidding and a jap one going for £16 but with 26 (!!!) days left of the bid.

As for the UK one, check it out on the last day and nearer towards the end. That's when the proper bidding will start as people try and snipe a deal at the last minute. Couple that with other like-minded Ebayers and you've got a last minute riot on your hards.

I've just sold some shizzle on Ebay properly. And even though they were only Pokémon cards, I feel that I did get more for some than I would've done were I to take them to a car boot/expo thing.

I have a memories "tin", I'm planning to upgrade to a memories "chest" at some point. Like that one Clark has in his Barn. Stupid sentimental crap you can't bring yourself to get rid of can be transferred there guilt free, it can be tucked under a bed, and will highlight just how unimportant the rest of the stuff is. Man, I hung on to the weirdest things, my parents house has stuff like... a 10 year old completely empty can of Lynx White Label, cos it was a limited edition (even though it's just basically Axe Tsunami, which I have learned in recent years through the power of Google).
Do you still have a room in grimsby? Some sort of shrine of Teenage Shorty?

I've got one main shoebox that hasn't got much in. I've been pretty ruthless with a lot of stuff from pre-uni, but having said that I have a lot of shite from uni that needs a proper think.

BTW I can't find my lucky duck!!

Plus car booting requires you get up early and this is you.

Lawl :P Well I'm moving to my dad's next week, and his wife does it a lot (she sells truly godawful shite that nobody buys), so a car boot is going to happen... Lots of pepsi max shall be consumed! Plus I'm pretty sure I'd just roam around and buy even more shite.

I'll follow the general advice and keep an eye on a few of the bids, and I'll get a few auctions up in a week's time. Cheers for the input, guys :)

I have a memory shoebox, with gig tickets, holiday tickets, funny bits and bobs i've picked up on holidays. stuff from parties or trips to town that have been more memorable then others.

I've still got all my old consoles at my parents house i can not bring myself to throw them out / sell them. They all still work.

the plan (which i've not yet informed Heather of) is when we move out to a bigger place, we've said that we'll have a spare room each for what ever we want. my spare room shall be just a nerd station, will set my consoles back up, have all my games there. I'm already looking forward to it and thinking way to much into it and we're not really looking to move out for at least 3 years!

Love the idea of both having spare rooms - be damn pricey though, and once you start having kids (or 'if', if that's more comforting :P) then I bet your room'd be the first to go!

Indeed will be very pricey, but between us we've got a combined £70k on the cards. At least £70k, hopefully in 3 years time my savings would have hit the £15k mark too.

all sounds so simple now haha, gotta try and sell the place we're in first :p