NEurope
MadDog

DIY Mafia: The Game Thread

Ellmeister, I don't appear in the last write-up. I don't appear in most of them. And how was my voting suspicious? I believe my voting records have been perfect so far. I don't think I've ever voted for someone who we believe to be town.

So who do we "believe to be town"? I don't even know that.

All I'm saying is, you haven't voted some of the mafia people off, and when we do, you seem to come in late on.

Its strange how you don't appear in the write up.

Moogleviper claimed me to be good, and I was the the only one going in against ReZ on that. Furthermore, if you're talking about Diageo, I wasn't exactly reluctant to vote for him, on the contrary, but I wanted to go over all the posts again, to look if someone should be given more priority to be lynched. Diageo was a mere redirector, and Paj, who I still think is evil, although I'm not very sure now, but if he's evil, should have way more priority than Diageo. He's done nothing but confuse the shit out of the write-ups.

dan-likes-trees and Gizmo have also been low-profile, and like I said, one of the 2 should be the long-haired guy. I voted Giz, because I don't think he was as active the first few days as later, as was the long haired guy. Then again, we haven't seen much of the Canadian guy at all. Anyway, I just picked 1 of the 2.

Okay, does anyone remember in the game where he talked about having to "find" someone. He said that someone can help him with his being a ring theory and got annoyed when no-one came through for him? What was that all about ReZ?

All I can say is that I still cannot win the game. Having PMd MadDog, I don't even know if I will be able to win the game because (he's not telling me) if x was something that only someone who could have died could have helped me with. I just think that the person that.......blah.....is one of the mafia, which is why they havn't come forward.

And I'm only being coy because I have to. Nothing to worry about for you though, it simply means I can't win the game. :p

I can confirm that 3 mafia have died so far.

So that means it is probably safe to assume there are 2 - 3 mafia left. With 10 players left assuming none of them are hit, they need to kill/lynch 5 players (with Tellyn gone, which was a strange choice because he had a double vote, so could have just forced him to vote, but whatever...maybe Fish was the vote-forcer) which means the absolute earliest they could win would be....lynching in 2 days, and 2 succesful night kills, with the aforementioned lynches both being town. Doubtful.

I was/still kindof am/pretty convinced that Smeagol was town...but not appearing in the write up? Claiming to have a useless power...and now refusing to role claim? Whaaaaa.

Hmm.

- Nintendonhut can perhaps finally give us some insight into ReZ's character.

- Well, the red haired woman finally makes an appearance again, since, night 1 I think. So is this Rummy? If Paj's evil, the red haired woman must be good. If however Paj was telling the truth, she's evil. It's hard to tell since we don't have a lot of info on her, but we already had a town roleblocker. At least Ellmeister can tell us who she is.

- I think we should pressure Gizmo and dan-likes-trees. I'm sure one is the long-haired hippie, the other must be the Canadian. The long haired man must die, the Canadian guy.. I think he's mafia, but he also hasn't been very active at night, so it's hard to tell. My hunch says mafia though. It's either one.

Vote: Gizmo

Paj is the shape altering well built man, who has been roleblocked again, this time by the red haired woman, and previous night by you.

Wait, I see you targeted Ellmeister ReZ, I read the previous write-up again. Then the well built man failed for other reasons, he doesn't exactly seem to be roleblocked then.

To be fair I probably shouldn't have signed up for this. Just haven't had the time the whole game. Usually I have a huge word document to jog my memory of all the things that are said / discovered, but I haven't done that this time so I'm struggling to contribute much.

Yeah so I targeted Rez. Guess what! You guessed it: he's evil

Vote: Rezourceman

Everyone knows I'm a confirmed investigator blah blah so you know it's a correct investigation. Add to that the fact he tried to role block me on the night I can investigate and it doesn't look good for him.

Indeed, it doesn't look good at all....FOR YOU! Dun dun dun.

Okay so if you are looking for someone etc, you have different win conditions to town therefore you aren't a townie?

Vote: ReZ

Okay so if you are looking for someone etc, you have different win conditions to town therefore you aren't a townie?

Vote: ReZ

No I don't have a win condition at all. I cannot win.

(I am a townie)

(I need to PM MadDog to see exactly what I can say)

Okay, I'm saying as much as I can;

I need to target a specific person, if I target that person (and they would know who they are) I "transform". I know what I would transform into because I know what I'm looking for. I just don't know who I'm looking for. Which is why Jayseven being a theif was very interesting to me.

But thats not to say I havn't been telling the truth this whole time. I urged you to target me when I did nothing but no one did anything. :(

Moogleviper claimed me to be good, and I was the the only one going in against ReZ on that. Furthermore, if you're talking about Diageo, I wasn't exactly reluctant to vote for him, on the contrary, but I wanted to go over all the posts again, to look if someone should be given more priority to be lynched. Diageo was a mere redirector, and Paj, who I still think is evil, although I'm not very sure now, but if he's evil, should have way more priority than Diageo. He's done nothing but confuse the shit out of the write-ups.

dan-likes-trees and Gizmo have also been low-profile, and like I said, one of the 2 should be the long-haired guy. I voted Giz, because I don't think he was as active the first few days as later, as was the long haired guy. Then again, we haven't seen much of the Canadian guy at all. Anyway, I just picked 1 of the 2.

Oioi!! I'm the Canadian man, sorry, haven't posted on here much. But anyway, assuming you're right then it's probably a good shout to target Gizmo. Info from night 2 which I thought I had posted but apparently not

'He had long dark gray hair. He was wearing a bad jumper, and generally looked quite old fashioned. He also smelled of car and motorbike oil.'

vote: Gizmo

'He had long dark gray hair. He was wearing a bad jumper, and generally looked quite old fashioned. He also smelled of car and motorbike oil.'

James May?

So what will you transform into ReZ?

I'm not allowed to say because what I'm looking for is in the name.

What a load of balls. Rez is evil, come on and lynch him! He's clearly lying, and as my investigation of him showed that he is evil we need to lynch him. If we don't kill him today I'll probably be dead tonight as the mafia will want everyone to forget about my information. Don't listen to Rez, he's been bullshitting for the whole game and now that a have proof that he's evil he's gone into overdrive and started saying he has to target someone but he doesn't know who.

You know what? I've just had a thought. I can't prove it at all, it's just a theory, but I'll share it.

At the start of the game as moogle and I have said we had the opportunity to recruit someone onto our team. We chose someone at random, jayseven, and he gained our power of investigation and lost his previous power. At the time I asked him what his power had been but he said something like "sorry but I won't tell you in case this is just temporary". When he died we learned that he was a their but we didn't learn his alignment. I assumed this was something to do with our roles but I've just thought... What if jayseven had been a mafia member when we recruited him? A their is quite a mdia role, and as soon as he died Rez launched attacks on moogle about how he couldn't be good etc which got moogle lynched. Of course, as Rez is evil he would have known that jayseven had also been in the mafia before we recruited him, which explains why he was so convinced that moogle was lying. It also explains why jays alignment wasnt announced when he died and why he was a thief but was unwilling to tell me, his team mate, that fact.

Anyway, that's just a theory. Could be wrong but it would fit. Mist important thing is that Rez is evil and needs to be lynched. Vote for him and you will see what I'm telling the truth again. The town is close to winning, we've lynched mafia members regularly. Let's continue that trend.

Keep vote: Rez

What a load of balls. Rez is evil, come on and lynch him! He's clearly lying, and as my investigation of him showed that he is evil we need to lynch him. If we don't kill him today I'll probably be dead tonight as the mafia will want everyone to forget about my information. Don't listen to Rez, he's been bullshitting for the whole game and now that a have proof that he's evil he's gone into overdrive and started saying he has to target someone but he doesn't know who.

You know what? I've just had a thought. I can't prove it at all, it's just a theory, but I'll share it.

At the start of the game as moogle and I have said we had the opportunity to recruit someone onto our team. We chose someone at random, jayseven, and he gained our power of investigation and lost his previous power. At the time I asked him what his power had been but he said something like "sorry but I won't tell you in case this is just temporary". When he died we learned that he was a their but we didn't learn his alignment. I assumed this was something to do with our roles but I've just thought... What if jayseven had been a mafia member when we recruited him? A their is quite a mdia role, and as soon as he died Rez launched attacks on moogle about how he couldn't be good etc which got moogle lynched. Of course, as Rez is evil he would have known that jayseven had also been in the mafia before we recruited him, which explains why he was so convinced that moogle was lying. It also explains why jays alignment wasnt announced when he died and why he was a thief but was unwilling to tell me, his team mate, that fact.

Wasn't Jay night killed?

Anyway, I said before I needed to target someone! Its not new information, Smeagol just bought it up again.

I can't explain showing up as evil though. I targetted you but it looks like I was roleblocked (although I didn't receive a PM stating so, but you don't always anyway) so the tattoo'd person stopped me? Why would mafia have two roleblockers?

To be fair I probably shouldn't have signed up for this. Just haven't had the time the whole game. Usually I have a huge word document to jog my memory of all the things that are said / discovered, but I haven't done that this time so I'm struggling to contribute much.

Meh, I was just semi-randomly selecting one of either you or dan. I had a hunch you'd be more likely the long-haired guy. I'm not sure of anybody's claims of alignment, or abilities, but I was pretty sure everybody who claimed to be somebody actually was that person, whether they were good or evil. There were 3 people left who haven't claimed to be anyone yet, as far as I know (could be, dan, that I missed your post, but I didn't know who the Canadian guy was). You could've easily tried to claim to be the Canadian guy, or at least try to come up with some excuse.. But you didn't.

Ellmeister: Who do we believe to be town? I guess that doesn't mean very much now with 3 people lost in 2 days, but I also meant I never voted for people who died and we know are good. Except for maybe Dyson.

Anyway, here's what I think (but know not for sure):

- Dyson / Sonic = good

- Ellmeister / Big eared man = I know for a fact you're good

- ReZourceman / Doughnut = I honestly don't know.

- Paj Meen Ah / Well built man = evil

- dan-likes-trees / Canadian man = good

- Gizmo / Long haired guy = evil

- Rummy / Red haired woman = could go either way, since she has't done much but seems to be a roleblocker.. But I'm thinking good

- Nintendohnut / devil = neutral but good

- Jonnas / Tattooed man = good

Again, most of them are hunches. It also depend on how many mafia members there are left, but I don't think there are more than 3?

At least the Long haired guy is one of them, and now I'm pretty certain it's Gizmo. I'm not sure yet of ReZ, Paj, and Rummy, although of the 3 I find Paj to be the more likely candidate. I also do trust Nintendohnut, but on the other hand I find ReZ's story too crazy (and a little bit fascinating) to just disregard. Could be very well his tactic, "hiding out in the open", but if he does have a different win-condition, I don't see us necessarily losing because of it. I find the long haired guy to have more priority, so for now, I'll keep my vote, but if If the bandwagon for ReZ is longer, I may hop on just to get it over with. At this point, we must lynch somebody.

Once again, I've forgotten. The two mafias going on at once are confusing me since the same people seem to be doing a lot of the talking. Apologies kind sir :)

Rez - if your innocent why did you target me last night? I have been shown to be a good investigator, I made clear that I would use my power last night to confirm cube's info, and you know that I'm no threat to the town. So why did you target me? Seems slightly unbelievable that you don't trust me after I provided info to get a mfia member lynched two days ago. Is it not more likely that you just did t want me to investiagate you?

Once again, I've forgotten. The two mafias going on at once are confusing me since the same people seem to be doing a lot of the talking. Apologies kind sir :)

Was that why I met such an untimely death there? You evil, evil Yoshi :p.

Rez - if your innocent why did you target me last night? I have been shown to be a good investigator, I made clear that I would use my power last night to confirm cube's info, and you know that I'm no threat to the town. So why did you target me? Seems slightly unbelievable that you don't trust me after I provided info to get a mfia member lynched two days ago. Is it not more likely that you just did t want me to investiagate you?

I don't trust you, I still don't trust you. All I know is something made me appear evil, and its something to do with you/Moogle. Moogle showed neutral, and you're The Devil. That is simply my reasoning. If I was mafia I'd have killed you. :p.

Well Yoshi has been killed and proven not to be me sooooo..what?

Ah yes, now I am getting confused :p.

I'm not allowed to say because what I'm looking for is in the name.

So, after all this time, you were Neutral...

Also, this is amusing...my PM tells me I may gain new powers depending on the people I target. I thought it was referring to God (or someone else), but what if it's you?

But more importantly, I know why my target would gain powers because of a ring. In fact, it all makes sense, now: why would a doughnut roleblock people, if they're not eating it? Why would people target your host instead of you? Why would a doughnut have sentience and attach themselves to a "host"?

Reiterate Vote: ReZourceman

You are Sauron's Ring. I got you.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio