Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

I started a single-player game a few days ago and I'm slowly getting the hand of it. The hardest thing was finding some coal - I ended up having to restart a few times.

Now, I've got a small living area with a colossal cave below it. I even dug up in a few placed - which almost went horribly wrong when I dug into a larva lake. I managed to run backwards quick enough and block it off. A few feet away from my door is a lake, and there is larva flowing into it from a blocks to the top/right of my "house", nicely flowing into the lake (the larva and lake were there from the start). Well, it's blocked off by some obsidian, but I've found some diamond ore (and some other ore) - I just need to go back and dig it out with the correct pickaxe.

I can't even fathom how long it would take to make that stuff. Is there a separate level editor or are all the impressive levels from digging/mining/building?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was done on a multiplayer server so it all depends on how they work. The admin may have allowed blocks to just be created or they may have actually done the mining themselves. I always prefered it on our server when we did our own mining instead of Mcoy just creating blocks, made it more of an achievement.

To be fair the blocks that were made were either things that were unobtainable through normal use (such as things from the nether realm) or things that were a bit buggy and a pain to clear up (like wood - the trees left wood/leaf blocks every time if not cut down properly). Now that the bugs have been ironed out it'd probably be safe to play as normal.

Might speak to Mcoy about the server again soon, but we're a bit tied up with Starcraft 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the moment :heh:

I just got the game about a week ago, and I've been playing single player on and off since then. I'm curious though as to what exactly causes those creepy sounding ambient noises (not the mob sounds). A combination of those, and the creepypasta about Herobrine are starting to make minecraft feel almost like a horror game at night.

I just got the game about a week ago, and I've been playing single player on and off since then. I'm curious though as to what exactly causes those creepy sounding ambient noises (not the mob sounds). A combination of those, and the creepypasta about Herobrine are starting to make minecraft feel almost like a horror game at night.

Yeah, that alone feeling is really unnerving! I'm unsure what creepy noises you're ferring to, though.

Does anyone know if its possible for cobblestone to exist that hasn't been placed by the player? I was just messing around and noticed that under water there was a near perfect square pit (aside from a bit of sand in it) lined with cobblestone just a little ways from my main base, but it was an area I hadn't been to yet, so I know I didn't place it myself.

Does anyone know if its possible for cobblestone to exist that hasn't been placed by the player? I was just messing around and noticed that under water there was a near perfect square pit (aside from a bit of sand in it) lined with cobblestone just a little ways from my main base, but it was an area I hadn't been to yet, so I know I didn't place it myself.

cobblestone exists when lava meets non source (moving) water in nature

Latest update is out:

New features:

* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)

* 15 wool dyes

* A new water dwelling mob

* New tree types

* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.

* A bunch of new crafting recipes

* One secret useful block

* One secret pretty block

* Cake

* AND MOAR, probably. I forget!

Bugfixes:

* Paintings work in multiplayer

* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world

* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer

* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC

* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer

* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps

* Falling sand behaves better in SMP

* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Its a shame the big NE server isnt going anymore for you to go on as well. I had the most fun on Minecraft when I was playing with everyone else and we were creating a community.

Yeah, gaming is at it's best when done with the N-E Brotherhood!

• 2 weeks later...

1.3 is out today.

http://notch.tumblr.com/

The main updates are improved lighting, as well as beds to allow you to skip the night.

Unfortunately it screwed up my newer save file, although, that's entirely my fault as I had mods installed that added extra items to the game. So I decided to start a new world and play on peaceful for a while to see how different the experience is. I've managed to get lost in the largest cave I've ever seen in the game.

I've managed to get lost in the largest cave I've ever seen in the game.

I've started again, too after an almost half-a-year-break. Got lost in the first cave I've entered...

Question: The following picture shows some watered farmland.

farmingminecraft.jpg

Why don't the non-watered blocks become watered? I've waited and waited, but nothing happens...

*sigh*

So it seems that even with my cooling pad, which works great, Minecraft still makes my laptop heat up to the point where it shuts down as a safety measure. Though it's only the fan area of my laptop that's really overheated - the rest of the laptop seems fine enough.

I used to have this problem while playing World of Warcraft, in the end I just put my laptop ontop of a small box so there was a couple of inches space between it and the desk, never overheated again.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!