Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

I'm not sure if you're complaining about them potentially licensing mods and selling them or not. :hmm:

I'm complaining about them buying mods and selling them in order to earn more money.

It sounds like Mojang will buy a mod (= giving money to the one who made it) and then sell it again to people individually (= making shit loads of money without actually doing any work).

If the people making mods will get a fair share when their mods are being sold again I'm fine with it.

I'm one of those people who don't really care about multiplayer. I also never install any mods for games (with the sole exception of mods that fix bugs/add content that was deleted by the original developers). So basically I'm fine with the way Notch is currently working. :hehe:

Lucky you. :p

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he was talking about was mostly buying the best mods to include in the Actual game. Mods that added new blocks really wouldn't work with the multiplayer aspect of the game if not everyone had them.

Anyway, the updates they're releasing seem fine to me. Beta generally means that most of the features are already in place and the product is (relatively) near release. So it makes sense that there are fewer updates now.

Maps is also something I've been waiting for for a while now. I like to explore a bit in my worlds, and having to use an external program or a mod that breaks after every update to see the world as a whole isn't really practical.

Right well as some people on another forum I use just bought Minecraft ive decided to start up another server myself. I figure it'll be worth it if ive got the people from the other forum and hopefully all those still interested in playing from NE. Possibly all of us joining together for one large city or just splintering off into nations that eventually will declare war.....I digress

So anyway I need some idea on how many slots to buy for this server so let me know if you are interested.

So anyway I need some idea on how many slots to buy for this server so let me know if you are interested.

Definitely, count me in :)

Btw, how come this thread is still in the General Chit Chat, when it really belongs to the Other Consoles?

The server is up and running now, few people from the other forum already using it.

At the moment I havent really got any mods running apart from the ones that let us /sethome etc like last time (although I still need to talk to Mcoy about making warp points.

The focus at the moment is pretty much like last time, build what you want and try not to get in the way of other people while doing it. We did try with monsters on earlier but it got a bit annoying with creepers, you can still see some of the damage!

Anyway, you guys are welcome to come join the area weve already started building it, try and make another big town or start your own area and once I can i'll make warp points for both. The current area is not too far from the spawn point, just head inland and look for the volcano.

Heres the server address:

83.222.240.145:29965

Ive currently paid for 12 slots.

Nope no whitelist yet, didnt see the point when I hadnt heard back from all the people that could be interested. I may make one in a few days.

I will be putting in a warp point but seeing as its only my second ever day running a server please try and cut me some slack here. Plus I did mention they'd be coming when I could.

Also, I came across someones strip mine last night. Who's was it? Twas very impressive given the amount of time that has passed between me giving out the IP address and me finding it.

Also, I came across someones strip mine last night. Who's was it? Twas very impressive given the amount of time that has passed between me giving out the IP address and me finding it.

Depending on how large the mine was...could be mine. But I only have one tunnel so far :p

Well I was talking about one way outside of the current town.

Mine isn't way outside the town. So, I guess it isn't mine :D

Finally I've found the resources to make a clock. And I have some diamond :)

Edited by drahkon

Well I'll just post this again even though I thought people already knew.

Do not destroy other peoples buildings to build your own things, even if its just something like a bridge. Same goes with things like waterfalls or volcanos, those were put there to make the area more interesting. And of course no strip mines in areas where people are building, I always thought that would be an obvious one as well.

EDIT: Ok warp city is now up and running as well

Edited by Happenstance

Well I'll just post this again even though I thought people already knew.

You should post that in the other Forum as well ;) (if you haven't already done so)

So far I've been minding my own business and will continue to do so for a while. Give some time and I'll be working with you lot :p

That's why you left?

What about the...you know...in 5 minutes? :(

Haha, I'm sorry! Minecraft can and does crash my graphics card and I was so busy rendering I forgot to come back!

I accidentally went on a hunt for coal and completely forgot where town was, haha. I really don't want to kill myself for the sake of it.

Thanks a bunch for the warp, I felt a bit moany, but it'll help honest!

I've made two trips into massive cave systems to get my minerals. I've found very few diamonds, but a lot of gold (39 in one trip). Sadly, on the second trip I managed to fall into the middle of a lava pit.

I've also found a lot of red stone though, so if anyone needs any, let me know and I'll leave it in a chest in the town.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!