NEurope
Beast

Back to the 80s....and 90s...or whenever

So I'm a 90s kid and, to me, I loved those times. The films were great, the telly was great, the games were great and the music...well it was to me. Anyways, I want to know your favourite anything in the decade you were born in. It can be the times or memories or stories when you were a kid or teenager. It could have been a toy, an event, song, album, movie, type of sweets, chocolate bars you can't get now...anything whatsoever.

mrtoms.jpg

I used to love this bar and it was like a peanut cluster bar kind of thing and I can't find them anywhere anymore, I think they've stopped making them! I don't know when it was made but I ate it in the 90s so....I'm sorry if it was in the 80s, haha. It's a shame because it was the taste of Heaven! :(

Anyways, what about you guys?

i just don't know where to begin

Anywhere! haha. What's the greatest time/thing you've ever had from the decade you were born in?

Anyways, I want to know your favourite anything in the decade you were born in.

Don't really remember much of my childhood in the year of 89...Can I do the 90's instead?

I remember getting up early on Saturdays to watch cartoons. In fact, I called it Cartoon Day instead of Saturday.

Noteworthy shows being The Tick, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, and Dinosaurs.

Don't really remember much of my childhood in the year of 89...Can I do the 90's instead?

I remember getting up early on Saturdays to watch cartoons. In fact, I called it Cartoon Day instead of Saturday.

Noteworthy shows being The Tick, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes, and Dinosaurs.

Yeah, you'd be a 90s kid then so the 90s is your decade.

By the way, I love you for mentioning the awesomeness that is Dinosaurs! They REALLY need to air that show again or make better kids' shows.

My favourites would be Kenan and Kel, Hey Arnold, The Amanda Show (I had a crush on her when I was a kid), The Muppets Show, Dinosaurs, Ed Edd n Eddy and Dexter's Lab. There's LOADS more but I can't think right now, I was a Nickelodeon kid at heart really, haha.

Edited by Animal

I can't remember anything from the decade I was born in, I was only three when the next decade started.

Does that mean I can't play...

I can't remember anything from the decade I was born in, I was only three when the next decade started.

Better than me, I was 6 months old at the turn of the decade. Just bump yourself up to memories from the next decade. It's not cheating.

Sorry, I thought everybody knew their decade. If you weren't born bang on when the decade started, then you need to read this.

I'm gonna use an example: If you were born in 1980 to 1984, the 80s is your decade. If you were born from 1985-1989, the 90s is your decade.

So from ---1 to ---4, that year is your decade but if you were born in ---5 to ---9, then the next year is your decade.

....I really do hope that made any sense, lmfao!

I've never seen that before...it raises some interesting ideas though. Born in 85 would make 90's your decade, which with a stretch of logic, you'd be 15 at the start of your second decade.

I'd say it's the decade you spent your teens in. I was born in 1990 so the noughties was my decade.

Yeah that doesn't work.

I was born late 1984... you can't exactly take anything from the ages 1-5!!

Yes there was some awesomeness... Thomas the Tank Engine, introduction to the world of Thunderbirds, Ghostbusters cartoon, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, some very old-school video games etc...

But I grew up during the 90's.

I was born in 1990, so 6 months in to 1990.

I can't remember much from 4 to 11 years old, most is snippets and things people have told me.

I remember after school I'd go to the shop with my friends and buy loads of sweets, I spent all my dinner on money it. I probably ate these by the bucket load:

w-nerd-wm-wc.jpg

Then we'd sing a long to spice girls on tape! It used to be such a hassle to play tapes specially when you wanted to get to a certain song, but I actually kinda miss rewinding and trying to find it all.

Sims! The original sims, final fantasy when it came through!

The playstation 1 when I was 7, we'd had consoles before, but the playstation 1 my dad tried to find one in the middle of the night because they were all sold out and he worked odd hours, in the end toys r us had one left! I recall the first game I played was hercules on the demo!

When I was younger and it was christmas me and my sister would play a christmas light game. I always sit behind my dad in the car so I'd be on one side counting lights to every house, my sister would always ask me to go first and cheat. Sigh.

There's a few 90s stuff!

I'd say it's the decade you spent your teens in. I was born in 1990 so the noughties was my decade.

Your decade is basically when you start to remember most things. That's how I see it anyway.

Yeah that doesn't work.

I was born late 1984... you can't exactly take anything from the ages 1-5!!

Yes there was some awesomeness... Thomas the Tank Engine, introduction to the world of Thunderbirds, Ghostbusters cartoon, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, some very old-school video games etc...

But I grew up during the 90's.

Yeah, somebody told me that thing I said. It does sound a bit silly. I have no idea how it works because I was born on 1990 so therefore, I'd be a 90s kid. I would call you a 90s kid too since from 5 to 12, you'd still be a kid.

90's kid :D

I really want to show a picture but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone remember those chocolate "biscuits" from the 90's. They were actually more like crackers and had chocolate inside them. The cracker was also cut in a way that made it look like it was smiling...anyone? :hmm:

90's kid :D

I really want to show a picture but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone remember those chocolate "biscuits" from the 90's. They were actually more like crackers and had chocolate inside them. The cracker was also cut in a way that made it look like it was smiling...anyone? :hmm:

They had those in chocolate flavour too...

Born in 88, but had 2 older brothers so I like to think I was brought up by both at times.

I remember from the 90's anyway:

1:The best variety of cartoons of any decade. for comedy we had the warner bros cartoons, for action we had the best DC and marvel cartoon series ever created.

NOt to mention the BEST of simpsons

2: the best action movies. We had the best cheesy movies.

air force one, terminator 2, face-off, independence day, true lies!

3: the beginning of anime over here. Ya sure it was always around but it really started with pokemon and dragonball z as far as most are concerned.

4: pokemon!!! I mean say what you want about it now, but back in the day we were fucking hooked. The thing was unstoppable, Can you say that about anything in the 00's?

5: sonic back in the day was the coolest character ever. Where I live it was literally sonic and no much else.

6: No internet to be negative about my music preferences or film choices.....I really believe people should have more respect for kids who enjoy cartoons like ben 10 and music like justin bieber.

7: Used to play games with friends. You used to play games SPLIT-SCREEN and everyone had to be in the same room.. and you know it was better.

We also swapped games more.. a tradition that is constantly been shat on by developers. You can argue with new on-line technologies that you are making gaming more social but somehow I think it's going backwards.

those were the days eh..

They had those in chocolate flavour too...

BNs were the most disgusting thing ever.

I'm 90% sure they still sell Tom Toms in a few places in Aylesbury. Must do em somewhere because I saw these a few weeks ago in Wycombe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtKMy7Lw3w8SiPQaSANI_Ql3I6kLlzS377qeoALOvtoWPZFQ4&t=1&usg=__9z-fAnnoT9aRevSqEGz6y2ZAii8=

You can take your CG and ram it up your ass. Top Gun was awesome.

It taught me so much. How to woo a lady:

Helmets are for gaylords:

How to deal with possibly homosexual bullying:

Finally, and possibly most importantly, how to play volleyball like a man:

I knew how it worked really, I was just being awkward...

Anyways, this...

Mostly for...

44559792.jpg

I still watch it everyday on Virgin!

I still watch it everyday on Virgin!
Hoping that maybe, just maybe, it'll be an episode that contains... :D

Man, what's there not to love about the '90s? :D I remember those were the days when they really knew how to make cartoons. Animaniacs, for instance.

Born in 1986, don't really remember much as i was only 3 when the 80's ended. But i do listen to a lot of 80's tunes these days, an era i find had the best tunes to be fair.

90's is the decade i really grew up in though. I mean, you had some of the best TV around then. Shows including, and not limited to

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (got crap when they went to Turbo)

Mighty Max

Kenan and Kel

Dinosaurs (yes Dazz and Nolan, cheers for reminding me. Clip at the bottom)

Fresh Prince

Red Dwarf (it was around in the 80's, but i didn't start watchin til the 90's)

The Fast Show

Harry Enfield and Chums

As i said, not limited to them as i know there are a tonne more to list. Music was pretty ok i thought, at the time it was all Spice Girls and Take That really. All poppy tunes, not that i was moaning back then. It was good stuff. Movies, well yes who can forget Jurassic Park and Home Alone.

Goafer mentioned Top Gun, well i remember the spoof pretty well as well. Stars Mr Sheen (not the bloke who is on the polish tins)

I could keep going all night, but i won't. However, i will be back with more memories soon.

@ Dazz and Nolan

Edited by Jimbob

I was born in the '70s but without doubt the '90s was my favourite. The decade began well with the whole Megadrive scene. I used to take it to London every weekend, play Sonic/Streets of Rage and look in the bigger and better games shops there. It felt so bloomin' cool.

Then in the mid-90s you had the Britpop vibe, which I really loved. Not just the music but the programmes - TFI Friday, Shooting Stars, the Fast Show. There were always good "rubbish" programmes on ITV like Baywatch Nights and the Highlander spin-off (a series I liked despite not having watched the films).

The '90s was the decade when I left school, went to college and got my first jobs. It's just when it all happened for me.