N-Europe

Mafia Drive

ReZourceman

As in the theme would be Mafia VS Town, with normal kind of roles like standard roleblockers, protectors, investigators, trackers etc.

But Vanilla also means that all the complex roles have been removed. I was wondering if that included the investigators and protectors. Some people prefer it that way, but if it's not real-life, I don't get how the game ever gets anywhere when there's nothing to discuss or go by.

But Vanilla also means that all the complex roles have been removed. I was wondering if that included the investigators and protectors. Some people prefer it that way, but if it's not real-life, I don't get how the game ever gets anywhere when there's nothing to discuss or go by.

The first two games were vanilla games and they ended up being great.

I just hate the obsession with being an investigator, you can find out a lot of info just from following other peoples post patterns and the write-up, that is if the write-up is properly written.

Just as a chance to brag some more, I played in near every Mafia game but was very rarely an investigator, still I had the highest winning streak.

If you cannot be bothered to pay attention to the game then you are not really taking part in it...

The first two games were vanilla games and they ended up being great.

I just hate the obsession with being an investigator, you can find out a lot of info just from following other peoples post patterns and the write-up, that is if the write-up is properly written.

Just as a chance to brag some more, I played in near every Mafia game but was very rarely an investigator, still I had the highest winning streak.

If you cannot be bothered to pay attention to the game then you are not really taking part in it...

I agree completely. As a matter of fact, I prefer working out from the write-ups who is who and who did what instead of relying on investigations. However, if there are no nightpowers what so ever, there are no write-ups, either, so I don't see a game without nightpowers working.

Vanilla does not mean no night-powers what so ever for the town...

A vanilla game is just a Mafia game with no overarching theme.

For example: the coppers are cops (not inspector gadget or something), Mafia members are just Mafia members (not a group of bad guys from a TV-series).

Just keeping it simple and not requiring background knowledge from something you mat not know about.

Vanilla does not mean no night-powers what so ever for the town...

A vanilla game is just a Mafia game with no overarching theme.

For example: the coppers are cops (not inspector gadget or something), Mafia members are just Mafia members (not a group of bad guys from a TV-series).

Just keeping it simple and not requiring background knowledge from something you mat not know about.

All right, then I had simply misunderstood the term. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I don't have a clue what mafia games are it just seems abit boring!!!

Boring? Outragous, they are tense!

Example;

20 people play. 5 people are bad guys, and know each other, and chose to kill a person in the night. The other 15 are good guys but do not know each other. Each person has special abilities. Hilarity ensues.

They are seriously good. In my game one day phase went on for about 20 pages :heh: I think...But yeah, certainly give it a whirl. Smeagol for example. He's playing in his 2nd game, he puts in the effort and he really enjoys them. Aslong as you try and take part, you'll love it.