Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the show about the nerdy guy who gets implanted with super secret agent knowledge and teams up with Yvonne Strahovski wearing various skimpy outfits and that guy from Firefly.

It also features Gift Shop Girl, and Sarah Connor and a Star Trek captain have recurring roles.

It's also the show where Buster from Arrested Development gets shot in the head.

ASHLEY.

ASHLEY STOP.

EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU ASHLEY.

ASHLEY PLEASE STOP MASTURBATING.

I knew the writer guy would die this week as soon as they brought up his penchant for chewing on things again. Poor writer guy. But then again, maybe he was a killer and deserved to die. Everyone's a killer on this show. And they're so bad at hiding it from Dexter!

I like how the stripper mafia went to the trouble of staging an accident to mess up the crime scene. They could have just scrubbed the place with bleach, but I guess that wouldn't have annoyed the police as much.

"We need to destroy the DNA at the crime scene. Any ideas?"

"Feces!"

"Oh, that's your answer to everything."

• 4 weeks later...

Have a hug, Ashley.

:hug:

Dexter really wasn't at his best this episode. Not only does he think that killing one of the people involved in the death of his mother on the same day (ish) that he finds out LaGuerta suspects him of being the Bay Harbor butcher - partly because of his ties to one of the other people who killed his mother - is a good idea, but then Debra fakes being poisoned and he immediately turns on his girlfriend.

And just when I was starting to like her, too. I actually felt bad for her when she said he should have just killed her. :sad:

But mostly I'm just disappointed we never got to see Dexter murder her in cold blood.

I'm not sure Deb pretended to kill herself. Where was the evidence for that? The fact that Hannah 'never gets caught'? How would Deb do it in a way that she could guarentee she wouldn't actually kill herself...

I'm not sure..

Either way, that has to be the worst cliff-hanger ending to a season yet. I had to watch the sneak peak (which i dont normally do) because the cliff hanger was so lame.

Still, looks to be a good season all in all!

I'm not sure Deb pretended to kill herself.

Well, no, that's not what happened. :p

And Hannah didn't say that she never gets caught - she said she doesn't make mistakes and if she wanted Debra dead, she'd be dead.

And if she wanted to kill Debra, she would probably use her precious plant extract. She's a bit of a one-trick pony that way.

Plus she'd have to decide to kill her boyfriend's sister when killing an old drugged-up friend would have saved her from Debra without angering Dexter.

Debra could have just drank some water while she was in the car and swerved off the road in a place where there was nothing to crash into. No one's going to question the chief of police when she says she blacked out.

But mostly I just think Dexter betraying Hannah loses its punch if she's guilty.

Anyway, they left it open to interpretation (so far, at least). There's no evidence either way.

I'm not sure Deb pretended to kill herself. Where was the evidence for that? The fact that Hannah 'never gets caught'? How would Deb do it in a way that she could guarentee she wouldn't actually kill herself...

I'm not sure..

Either way, that has to be the worst cliff-hanger ending to a season yet. I had to watch the sneak peak (which i dont normally do) because the cliff hanger was so lame.

Still, looks to be a good season all in all!

Debs is not the smartest person at times, particularly when it comes to 'matters of the heart'.

Hmm well for a start it seems that all the 'Debs framed Hannah' was wrong. Sad, that would have been a cool plot.

Still, it ending rather well, of only because i could not take another episode of motherfucking Laguerta. That episode was let down by having too much of her in it. Next season looks like it will be pretty amazing (especially if it's going to be the last one). I hope it's not going to be too miserable though. I know a show about a serial killer tends to be quite miserable, but i just think if they have too many episodes about Deb battling her demons etc and Dex feeling guilty and so on, the whole show is going to be a bit heavy.....

Anyway, i thought Season 7 was very good, definitely on par with the others.

Apparently the bit where Debs ran over to Maria was improvised by Jennifer Carpenter (also why there's no blood on her when they go back to the party), who, by the way, should get all of the awards. She's been fantastic this season. Also the scene a few episodes back where she just cursed endlessly in the elevator was her decision.

Anyway, I expected something like that to go down, but it was an enjoyable ride. For a moment I did think she'd shoot him.

Guessing Matthews will be breathing down their necks next season.

Well, that was an undignified end for LaGuerta. I know she was often annoying, but she was absolutely right about everything she said about Dexter/Debra, so I can't really feel like she got what she deserved.

Dexter had such a good plan for getting rid of LaGuerta, and then Debra has to go and ruin it by shooting LaGuerta with her gun. I was confused about the lack of blood on Debra's dress, but I guess Ashley explained it.

I'm disappointed they had Hannah tell Dexter that she poisoned Debra. Someone needs to tell the writers that not everything has to be spelled out. I'm just going to tell myself that she was just telling Dexter what he needed to hear and that when Debra told her to confess and she shot back with an "I will if you will", she was talking about the poisoning.

Final episode prediction: after killing their way through the rest of the cast, Dexter and Debra are sitting in the now empty police station. Debra is playing with one of Masuka's fingers while looking off into the distance. "You know, Dexter..." she says and turns to him. "You're not the only one with a secret." "Oh?" says Dexter and raises an eyebrow. "Hanna didn't poison me. I faked the whole thing to protect you." "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO ME THIS WHOLE TIME," shouts Dexter while stabbing her repeatedly in the chest. Then he takes Harrison and goes to Argentina to find Hannah.

And then there'll be some symbolism involving blood or something that looks like blood before we fade to black.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!