Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

Plus....

The....strip club owner guy (forget his name) is going to find Dexter sooner or later and they showed Lewis' blood splatter onto Dexter's boat for a reason.

Next season being the last seems to have ramped up the drama.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep yep yep!

I always forget that Dexter is only 12 episodes long. I normally get to episode seven or eight and think 'blimey this season is picking up quickly, they won't have anything left for the second half'. And then it hits me.

Episode 3 was good,

although not an awful lot happened in it. I'm surprised Lewis died, i always thought that there was something a lot more sinister about him still to come, but nope - just a whiney winger out to get revenge in a pranky way.

EDIT: In other words he does this - Xtv9U.jpg

Not what i was expecting.

Edited by 130131301364

EDIT: In other words he does this -
Xtv9U.jpg

That was hilarious.

And we were made to believe that he was an expert at ruining people's lives last week, too!

Well, maybe Ashley is right and he'll get his revenge in death. Maybe that was his plan all along.

I also can't believe Dexter was going to kill Lewis just for getting on his nerves last week. This is the same person who couldn't kill Doakes in season 2 because he wasn't a bad guy even though he figured out he was a serial killer!

Louis was made out to be great at ruining people's lives when it comes to computers. Pure grunt work? Obviously not so much.

Dexter did loosen up the Code of Harry a few years ago. I know he still harks on about it and told Debs he only kills killers but it's not true. He's killed to protect himself before (e.g. the farmer when he went on his crazy adventures with Rudy in S5/S6 (forget which)) and even killed the guy in the bathroom out of grief.

It's part of the series really, and something Debs pointed out: Dexter tells himself these things but he's human at the end of the day (as much as he'd argue otherwise) and is prone to contradiction.

Anyone else think Louis looks like Dan Dare? :heh:

Just watched Episode 4:

Pretty good, although i noticed a couple of discrepancies.

Firstly, Spletzmann (sp?) hides the earring in a hankerchief in the glove compartment of his van, which Dexter finds in about 20 seconds, and yet the police, who we're told impounded the van, failed to find this earring?! Whoopsie daisy!

Secondly, how did the big bad mobsters get the gun that killed Mike? I'm assuming Victor didn't take it to the airport, so where did he drop it off after shooting Mike?

Otherwise, it was good!

Well bull guy (his new name...) was arrested and confessed, so I guess they didn't have to look through his van for evidence as they (thought) they had everything on him. They probably impounded it because it was there when they arrested him and needed to move it somewhere. I'd imagine if it was at his house they would have left it.

As for the gun? Was it the actual one, or was it the the same make/model? If I recall he took off with it and I'm guessing dropped it somewhere (apartment?) and maybe they knew it was the same make/model and used that so that the forensics wouldn't figure it out. Or the guy (father or lover?) got it when he went to the flat, can't remember which scene came first.

I'm pretty sure they said it was the gun that killed that guy from Dollhouse, so I guess they got their hands on it somehow? The scene with the longing look at the photograph came later, anyway.

This episode really reminded me of what a terrible cop Quinn is. If only he were black, he'd be dead by now. :hmm:

Dexter keeps reminding me of Six Feet Under lately. Last week, the stripper mafia guy talked about how Dexter wasn't interested in looking at naked women, and I thought to myself, "well, of course he's not! He's ga- oh wait wrong show." And then they dressed him up as a funeral director this week.

Possibly about the gun, but that's still pretty shoddy police work not searching the van anyway!

EDIT: Also, just being the same model of gun wouldn't stand up in court i don't think. Nowadays they can match the exact gun to bullets fired, so it would have to be the exact same gun to convict him of the murder...

To be fair (in a way), the police force on Dexter sucks most of the time, so that's pretty consistent! My theory is that they all know that Dexter is a serial killer and that's why they never catch him. And sometimes they purposely fail to catch criminals because "Dexter will handle him."

Maybe in the series finale, Debra will finally turn Dexter in. "Dexter's a serial killer!" she'll say through tears in her eyes, and the other cops will be all, "wait, you only just figured that out?"

They said its "the same gun", doesn't mean it's the same serial number.

Surely it means it's the same gun, though? :p

Actually, I just checked and the exact quote was, "that's for you. It's the gun that killed the police officer."

Can't remember if it was someone on here who predicted that:

The blonde lady would turn out to be a murderer after all. Clearly there's something going on with her and Dexter beyond her just being another victim for her. Perhaps she'll become a big bad in the next season? Or become some sort of accomplice lover for him? That would be pretty cool.

I think we should all just forget the last two seasons, and pretend that this is season 5.

Because of Mass Effect, I can now say "I had sex with Yvonne Strahovski".

More like, "I had sex with a digital woman that sort of looked like Yvonne Strahovski after being hit in the face with a frying pan."

But I guess that's a bit long.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!