NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

[..]

Might as well be a good time to ask for beginners tips, which I'll do in the general topic.

So, any? :D

I'm thinking playing as mafia sounds harder, at least to me. In real life I don't talk much unless I have to, and when I do I'm straight to the point. Having to cover your tracks takes some effort I'm guessing :D.

Any general tips, and tips for both sides are appreciated, as well as any obvious (to others :P) beginners mistakes I should avoid are appreciated!

So, any? :D

I'm thinking playing as mafia sounds harder, at least to me. In real life I don't talk much unless I have to, and when I do I'm straight to the point. Having to cover your tracks takes some effort I'm guessing :D.

Any general tips, and tips for both sides are appreciated, as well as any obvious (to others :P) beginners mistakes I should avoid are appreciated!

Sorry, I missed this.

- Make notes. For example who votes for who and in what order.

- Only reveal what you have to. Try and be as vague as possible and only give further information if you're prompted for information. For example say you track someone and find out that they targetted someone who was killed, just say "What did X do last night?" instead of "I tracked you and found out you targetted X" this could cause them to lie or bluff or whatever.

- Watch behaviours of people posting

- Make note of quiet people.

- Choose night targets carefully. Try and predict what might happen, for example if you're a protector and someone comes out as useful to the town, they might be a night target so protect them.

Theres a lot of different ways to play the game though. So these are really more suggestions than definitive instructions. :)

Sorry, I missed this.

[..]

I just posted it ;).

Thanks, I can use that.

I would suggest that you make a notepad file, and in it save a direct link to the write-up posts. Each time a night phase is over, go back over what's happened previously and try to put some clues together.

(actually I think it could be more productive if the mafia narrator actually keeps track as well, and it would be of ample aid to the game if (s)he were to put direct links to past write-ups in their latest one. If that makes sense? I'm not very succinct.)

I won't be doing it for ages/until anyone who wants to run a mafia has done so, but the next Pokemafia is

Pokemafia : Trust No One

So do I :wink:

But we still have three mafia games ahead of us, so be patient. I'm going to check out that Deathvoid game, now...

Like I said, I won't be doing it for ages, however;

But we still have three mafia games ahead of us,

1**

I'll have another shot at running a mafia game when the current ones are done. I'll try my hand at a DIY mafia this time. :)

I want someone to do a Tetris Mafia.

PS Danny, for the DIY mafia make sending in roles mandatory with sign up. :) (Plz kthx)

I want someone to do a Tetris Mafia.

PS Danny, for the DIY mafia make sending in roles mandatory with sign up. :) (Plz kthx)

Sure thing. :)

(How on Earth would a Tetris mafia work?!)

Have to flesh out the roles a bit. Lol.

Single Block

Two Diaganol Blocks

Three Blocks (straight)

Quad Square Box

L Box Left (Partner)

L Box Right (Partner)

Tetris Block

Zig Zag Left (Partner)

Zig Zag Righ (Partner)

Etc.

Have to flesh out the roles a bit. Lol.

Single Block

Two Diaganol Blocks

Three Blocks (straight)

Quad Square Box

L Box Left (Partner)

L Box Right (Partner)

Tetris Block

Zig Zag Left (Partner)

Zig Zag Righ (Partner)

Etc.

It's four blocks in a straight.

And what do you mean by two diaganol[sic] blocks?

Thats what I'm saying, the roles would need to be fleshed out with non-actual Tetris blocks.

But you got the actual tetris blocks wrong.

How so yo?

Because a straight line shape consists of four blocks not three.

And what do you mean by "two diagonal blocks"?

I meant, there's only 8 or so Tetris blocks, and 20 or so roles, so blocks would have to be made up. Three was one and two diaganol was one.

--------------

Currently active Mafia Games

Pokemafia DeathVoid

DIY Mafia by MadDog

Currently Signing up

Super Smash Bros Mafia

Mafiawesome : In God We Rust

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

I hate DIY mafia.

Mostly because people choose shite half the time -- things which don't translate well into the mafia game. And the roles have no synergy, and it makes me want to die inside.

I need someone to do a stunning story-driven one.

I hate DIY mafia.

Mostly because people choose shite half the time -- things which don't translate well into the mafia game. And the roles have no synergy, and it makes me want to die inside.

I need someone to do a stunning story-driven one.

It seems our opinions on mafia games constantly differ. :p I love the silly and often funny constellations of DIY mafias. If the host is really creative, it can make for some interesting combinations and story elements. :)

It seems our opinions on mafia games constantly differ. :p I love the silly and often funny constellations of DIY mafias. If the host is really creative, it can make for some interesting combinations and story elements. :)

Amen. In my DIY mafia, I made two experimental roles that worked perfectly (Dyson's Worm and Lazyboy's Blindness). Sometimes, we have to stretch our definitions of the character, but it's totally worth it. Plus, odds are, the mafia characters are not following a strict pattern, so it's more exciting.

Also, I am also thinking about starting one myself. I considered a Videogame mafia, or Animafia II, but then the idea of a "Gentlemen's Mafia" came to my mind.

Since such a game would rely less on wacky/creative roles and more on good write-ups (like Jayseven's), I'm wondering if I should take a shot at it. Would anyone be interested?