NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Oh dear, can we make a rule that what happens in the mafia stays in the mafia? People should take all posts of people in the thread to be part of the game etc?

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't consider it at the time. It was only afterwards I realised the posts I referred to were technically part of the game. My apologies.

I was thinking about running a Femmes Fatales mafia, which would feature various female pop/rock stars. Would people be interested?

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not going to divulge the cast list just yet.

I hope to god that someone's role is actually just Anne Robinson's vagina. Someone else could be Anne Robinson herself and they could form a super secret team-up. Or nemesisesesess-off, I don't know. I'll stop talking about this.

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't consider it at the time. It was only afterwards I realised the posts I referred to were technically part of the game. My apologies.

Without getting into it too much now, it did seem a little role reversed with the previous complaints of inactivity in mafia games etc, and whilst I'm all for discussing issues of a game, I think that no matter what they are*, they must be discussed AFTER the game(I checked and understand AA is still happening) and never during a game in progress. I think also that when people are involved in a mafia, they should try to think of all players as actors on a stage with everyone playing a role, and never take anything too seriously.

*Except in the event of Ho-Oh being in a strictly generation I red/blue themed game of some nature. Or if like...someone killed a guy fo' realz, which is almost as bad.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Without getting into it too much now, it did seem a little role reversed with the previous complaints of inactivity in mafia games etc, and whilst I'm all for discussing issues of a game, I think that no matter what they are*, they must be discussed AFTER the game(I checked and understand AA is still happening) and never during a game in progress. I think also that when people are involved in a mafia, they should try to think of all players as actors on a stage with everyone playing a role, and never take anything too seriously.

*Except in the event of Ho-Oh being in a strictly generation I red/blue themed game of some nature. Or if like...someone killed a guy fo' realz, which is almost as bad.

I completely agree, actually. I should have known better. I really just didn't think straight that night.

I hope to god that someone's role is actually just Anne Robinson's vagina. Someone else could be Anne Robinson herself and they could form a super secret team-up. Or nemesisesesess-off, I don't know. I'll stop talking about this.

If you join this mafia when it's up I promise you will be Anne Robinson's vagina.

I was thinking about running a ... mafia ... Would people be interested?

Yes. Mafia. Game. I play.

**********NEW POST****************

Currently active Mafia Games

The Ace Attorney Mafia (By Jonnas)

Currently Signing up

Vanilla Mafia (By Yvonne)

Femmes Fatales Mafia (By Chairdriver)

Signing Up Soon

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

Advance Wars Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Rage Comic Ultimate Edition X (By Esequiel)

Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Dune Mafia (By Yvonne)

LOST Mafia (By Tales)

Scream Mafia (By Dazz)

Game Show Mafia (By EEVILMURRAY)

TBC Mafia (By Zell)

Mafiawesome: Chicago Fish (By Jayseven)

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire (By ReZourceman)

Cloak and Dagger Mafia (By The Peeps)

Announced, Highly Anticipated and Unscheduled

The Gentlemen's Mafia III (By Jonnas)

(Bolded = confirmed as ready)

Added new mafias to the list. Also announcing my own Cloak and Dagger Mafia. Some ideas have come to me...

[Edit] Fuck you automerge. It should be on by default but optional...

Looking at this list there are a lot of games that no one has mentioned since they went up. If anyone has changed their mind, please say so. We might be able to clean this list up a bit :)

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Man, I'm most likely not doing the Fire Emblem mafia...

...but I do have some ideas for Gents III, an N-E members mafia, a commemorative game...

However, it is highly unlikely I'll be able to run them for a while, so you might as well remove me from the list.

Opened Femmes Fatales sign-ups. Sorry to jump past people, my Disney game is third from the top and I'd prefer to run this, and this game can run with as little as 9 players, so I thought it wouldn't be very intrusive anyway.

I don't understand you people. Is there just an explanation of what the hell is going on in this part of the forum?

Opened Femmes Fatales sign-ups. Sorry to jump past people, my Disney game is third from the top and I'd prefer to run this, and this game can run with as little as 9 players, so I thought it wouldn't be very intrusive anyway.

I don't think anyone else is ready besides Yvonne and that's only a 10 person game - with people who will no doubt be fine playing 3 at once. So you're good I think!

At the start of the games there is very little information to go on so sometimes people do just start up votes to pressure people and get a reaction. Usually by night 3/4 there's something a bit more solid to build on :p

I don't think these games are something you can really get a sense of unless you follow/play one as it's ongoing. Or read one through fully.

I don't think anyone else is ready besides Yvonne and that's only a 10 person game - with people who will no doubt be fine playing 3 at once. So you're good I think!

I've been saying I'm ready for the past coupla pages.

WHY WON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME ANYMORE?! :cry:

:cry: We had a McDonalds together fo fucks sake! :cry:

I've looked in a few threads and it looks like people just randomly voting people for no apparent reason, just with different irrelevant themes... thanks for the article... I still don't really understand it though. :P

Basically, a game involves a "Town". There's a small group of players, "The Mafia" who needs to kill the townies. The mafia can kill "Townies" during the night. Townies need to vote for someone to lynch during the day. This is the only way they can kill the mafia.

In our games, there are also powers for townies (Detectives find out alignments, doctors protect, etc.) and mafia (like silencing townies during the day).

Since we've been playing for a while now, you might see several points being skimmed over, hence the confusion.

Basically ignore everything people are saying and just sign up for one. It makes far more sense once you start playing one!