NEurope

What is your favourite cake? Do you have any baking success photos?

I just made my girlfriend a banana cake for her birthday. It looks plain such she doesn't like icing, but it's very delicious.

2m4y49w.jpg

Last time I recall making cake it resulted in this gluten, wheat and dairy free funbag:

n536116492_1759676_2964.jpg

Now I want cake :(

Last time I recall making cake it resulted in this gluten, wheat and dairy free funbag:

img

Now I want cake :(

What was it like ashley?

I had some GF brownies and they were actually okay! Apart from being a bit powdery, and less springy

I can't remember the cake itself (although I'm sure it was great, we finished it all so...) but I can remember making it. Documented on Facebook of course. More cakes should be made while watching Lilo and Stitch.

I loooooooooove cakes! The sweeter the better! And preferably with chocolate too. ^_____^

I haven't made any in ages, but here are some pictures. =)

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Cake which has melted marshmellow as icing, and then chocolate curls on top. Was quite nice. =)

n1062559926_326281_1585386.jpg

Probably the best cake I made ever. Made it for my birthday last year together with Jim. Has melted chocolate on top with white chocolate for decoration. And I think it had chocolate inside it too.

Foto119.jpg

This one failed a bit. The icing was melted white chocolate, and I think there was some chocolate cream in the middle. But the cake part failed mostly I think. No one really ate it except me. =P

Cake is yum.

For my last birthday I had delicious Dark Chocolate cake with Vanilla frosting...only because my mother wouldn't allow me to have Chocolate frosting (or get the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownies. She's not a fan of Dark Chocolate...) My sister made a cake with Orange flavoring added to it, it tasted excellent.

I actually really like Banana cake, but my favourite has to be Chocolate sponge.

I actually really like Banana cake, but my favourite has to be Chocolate sponge.

This sounds like a smutty joke.

Does sticky toffee pudding count? I could eat that forever.

I just had this last night actually! mmm. The banana cake I made was essentially doubled up from a recipe I normally use. With 6 bananas packed into one cake, I could have started marketing it like an innocent smoothie.

I really want this tin:

p2248_big.jpg

A giant cupcake, it's something like £25-30 just for the tin but it would be great.

Ah every time I go into a store and I see cake/cupcake baking stuff, I go all ahhhh and feel like buying it all haha. Though I never do, as I know I don't really get to make cakes that often. Even though I really really want to!

One day I'll make lots and lots of yummy cakes and eat them all. Yes!

Marks & Spencer, do the most amazing Chocolate 'Birthday' cake EVER!! LOVE IT!!... even if it's not a Birthday!

Also love Apple Cake, and well, loads of cake tbh!

Not forgetting the humblist of cakes... the faithful Jaffa Cake!!... it's a cake! (or is it?! hmmm)

Never been a big fan of cake. Unless it's chocolate cake.

Anything else? Not going in my mouth.

I think my favourite two cakes are butterscotch layer cake and Boston cream pie, from one of Nigella's books:

cake4.jpg

IMGP1355w.JPG

Though I'm getting married on Friday, so I'm hoping the cake for that will turn out well too! :D