NEurope
Jimbob

Space and the Universe

More crackpot theories about Scientists lying to us about what we know/are told about the Earth.

Though this one seems to have had more thought put into it that the "Flat Earthists" have theirs :heh:

Though I thought it was shown and proved that India was once part of Antartica or something and broke off millions of years ago and joined up with Asia and the forces created there is what helped make Everest as big as it is... and in this guys "idea" India didn't move :heh:

Edited by Mokong

The Higg-Boson aka God Particle has been found...... and nobody posted about it here?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/07/120704-god-particle-higgs-boson-new-cern-science/

Can we make FTL drives now? Otherwise, sure it's big news and the greatest revelation that has happened in recent times, but I really don't care that much. Isn't it a basically a matter of(pun not intended) of the last guy found in hide and seek?

Edited by Tales

Can we make FTL drives now? Otherwise, sure it's big news and the greatest revelation that has happened in recent times, but I really don't care that much. Isn't it a basically a matter of(pun not intended) of the last guy found in hide and seek?

It's a big thing for physicists, as it's what gives everything mass. However, there are no real world implications for it.

Not until we can make a field that can have an effect on the particle in order to change the mass of something.

Mars Panorama

PIA15689_modest.jpg

This full-circle scene combines 817 images taken by the panoramic camera (Pancam) on NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity. It shows the terrain that surrounded the rover while it was stationary for four months of work during its most recent Martian winter.

More info: http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA15689

It's such a strange thought, once you really start to ponder it, that that surface is actually another planet.

Has anyone been following the Curiosity Mars Rover landing?

Amazingly complicated stuff. How do they come up with it all??

Amazingly complicated stuff. How do they come up with it all??

It's like, science and maths and shit.

Hell frakking YEAH.

Though I'm still thinking as they have less than 3 years left now they should be working on them hoverboards first

Sweet, and if fully functional and produced for future space-exploration, it would finally be able to prove if there is life outside of this solar system.

Sweet, and if fully functional and produced for future space-exploration, it would finally be able to prove if there is life outside of this solar system.

Sure after performing the first successful warp "flight" in space wouldn't the "aliens" pick up the activity and come here to make First Contact :heh:

New pictures from Saturn's north pole.

978x.jpg

729x.jpg

Four Earths can fit in the hexagon.

Edited by Tales

Reading that article, which sounded like a manual written for a spaceship in a cheesy sci-fi show, and knowing it was real, genuine science, filled me with a geeky joy I can't quite put into words.

Reading that article, which sounded like a manual written for a spaceship in a cheesy sci-fi show, and knowing it was real, genuine science, filled me with a geeky joy I can't quite put into words.

I actually heard about that theory first on Futurama.

"The engine doesn't move the ship, it causes the universe to move around it!

I had the idea during a dream, but then forgot about it in another dream."

To think that it was actually true...

Sometimes reality truly does surpass the imagination. (Well, I guess not technically in this case, but you know what I mean.)

I actually heard about that theory first on Futurama.

"The engine doesn't move the ship, it causes the universe to move around it!

I had the idea during a dream, but then forgot about it in another dream."

To think that it was actually true...

That was my first thought as well. It was the episode where he made a younger clone of himself or something.

I see variants of that picture every year but it never gets less awesome.