NEurope
Nintenchris

Power Balance

power_balance_big.jpg

I read about these the other day in the sun newspaper

Did a bit of diggin around the interwebs and it appears that lots of sports peoples use them, including most of the dutch team that played in the world cup!

There supposedly is science behind these but at £29 i realy dont think they work

Obviously anything that CLAIMS to give you more strength + balance people will be interested in.

So what do you guys think? crap? anyone here had one? i wouldnt mind trying one... if it was free!

In theory it sounds awesome, like equipping a bracelet in an RPG and then suddenly being +15 stronger but in reality no such thing exists which is why it's so appealing within the game world.

As for the real world though... it's probably an overpriced wrist-band. :p

How the bloody hell would a piece of rubber improve ones balance?!

I don't get it, and ronaldo etc is a tit for advertising this kind of thing.

I don't get it, and ronaldo etc is a tit

Tell me about it.

This is the first I've head about these bracelets but I honestly can't see how a piece of rubber will help you. Placebo affect?

Put them on monkeys to see how well they work, preferably without telling the monkeys what they're supposed to do or letting them read about them in magazines and newspapers. Only after subjecting them to cruel assessment can we know the truth.

I suggest something to this design:

powerbracelet.gif

Edited by Guy

LMAO!

Well done Scoop!

So whos gonna buy one and try it out!? and has anyone got a spare monkey we can try it on?

Rubens Barrichello on Top Gear... check out his wrist!

670x377Image.jpg?p=100709_01:03

Kate Middleton check out her wrist article-0-0A64DF73000005DC-344_224x640.jpg

Mardy Fish shanking hands with Andy Murray after he beat him.... check out his WRISTS! 101978959.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F59CC0759C7437BB43D6FD6EE9364EABB81D392615756A2133E30A760B0D811297

Edited by Nintenchris

!!! was about to make this topic!

It works! My friend did a quick demo on me. I stood on one leg without the PB and he pushed me downwards and obviously I wobbled. But then he gave me the PB to hold and he did the same push but I was totally stable... I did it 3 times just to calrify.

As a Taekwondo athlete, I need this! (due anytime soon ^^)

Its not just a piece of rubber, there are metals and magnets involved - which are said to interact with your own (...bare with me now...) energy force.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

When my friend demo'd it on me, I didn't know what he was about to do - didn't know anything about power balance.

This 1 star review on Amazon makes me happy;

A girl in my office bought one of these thinking it would improve her health. Three days later she broke her arm (the one with the band on) after tripping over a small dog. What a waste of money. The dog was unharmed, and he didn't even have a lead on. As our American cousins would say, "you do the math".

Put them on monkeys to see how well they work, preferably without telling the monkeys what they're supposed to do or letting them read about them in magazines and newspapers. Only after subjecting them to cruel assessment can we know the truth.

I suggest something to this design:

powerbracelet.gif

Looks as thrilling as Man On A Wire. But I hear that was rather entertaining.

Did he have one of these thingies?

Looks as thrilling as Man On A Wire. But I hear that was rather entertaining.

Did he have one of these thingies?

I went to actually watch that movie before, but the subs were messed up on my downloaded copy. I bet he had one on each wrist for it.

•WHAT IS POWER BALANCE?

Power Balance is Performance Technology designed to work with your body’s natural energy field. Founded by athletes, Power Balance is a favorite among elite athletes for whom balance, strength and flexibility are important.

•HOW DOES THE HOLOGRAM WORK?

Power Balance is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body.

Has anyone else heard of this product before? Apparently it makes your balance a lot better. All the people I've seen talking about it on forums etc who have tried it seem to think it does actually work and there are obviously a lot of disbelievers.

I would love to try the product out as I'm very sceptical about it but don't really want to shell out £30 on it.

Anyone got any experience with the product?

It really is just a piece of plastic with a shiny sticker. Come on now. At best it's a placebo effect, but again that derives from stupidity in believing that it might actually work in the first place. Things like this fuck me off something chronic.

I think this stupid bracelet is dumb enough to actually warrant two thread of utter disbelief. :heh:

Before watching the video or looking at the other thread: this is bollocks.

After watching: this is hilarious bollocks. "Harness naturally occurring frequencies and program them into a [something] hologram." "Within three inches of your body's energy field." Wow. I don't think this is even all placebo - generally if you try the same stretch twice, you'll be better the second time round. Also note how comments have been disabled on the video.

Edited by Supergrunch

Before watching the video or looking at the other thread: this is bollocks.

After watching: this is hilarious bollocks. "Harness naturally occurring frequencies and program them into a [something] hologram." "Within three inches of your body's energy field." Wow. I don't think this is even all placebo - generally if you try the same stretch twice, you'll be beter the second time round. Also note how comments have been disabled on the video.

Beat me too it, dammit! :heh:

If you buy one of these, you're officially as stupid as a homeopath.

Beat me too it, dammit! :heh:

If you buy one of these, you're officially as stupid as a homeopath.

It's easy to make your own. Get one of those rubber bracelet things you get at clubs. Pinch one of those holograph things you see on Disney DVD's. Bam. Instant balance enhancer.

THIS IS GENIUS. Strength and balance are psychological things. Most people can snap through wood and balance on one leg, however we need a level of confidence to boost it... and this is the fake answer! If you believe it works it will work.