N-Europe

Know your cartoons

Goafer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. I'm glad someone got it, it's my favourite kids show ever!

Only number 9 left now.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors had the catchiest intro sequence ever. I like how it's some futuristic space vehicle show and they just ran out of character ideas and tossed a wizard into the mix.

I am proud to announce that the round over.

Number 9 is the pirates of darkwater.

My 10 year old self would be proud, misspent childhood my ASS!

Yes! I was worried that no one would get it.

Scoop has won the round with 3. I guess it's up to him to post the next lot. Unless someone else really wants to? Haven't really thought this one through to be honest.

I'd love to post some. Would it be okay for me to do it tomorrow evening after work? I have to get to bed soon or my Mother's nightly offer to read me a bedtime story will expire. If you guys want to keep the ball rolling, someone else is welcome to do it and I'll jump in with a round at a later date.

I'd love to post some. Would it be okay for me to do it tomorrow evening after work? I have to get to bed soon or my Mother's nightly offer to read me a bedtime story will expire. If you guys want to keep the ball rolling, someone else is welcome to do it and I'll jump in with a round at a later date.

Yeah that should be fine. Figure it keeps things more organised if the winner of a round posts the next round. Saves a free for all.

8 = the eyes of Rude Dog from the mostly forgotten Rude Dog and the Dweebz, forgotten because it was fucking terrible. He drove a pretty sweet caddy nobody ever got to ride shotgun in, though. If I remember correctly he put the Dweebz to work in his delivery company concentration camp, never once realising they could have banded together and overthrown him at any time.

Remember and then wish you didn't:

Same here I totally forgotten about it and I only watched it because it was before another cartoon "Sharky and George"? that i wanted to watch.

Looking at it wiki spells out how bad it is because it was made by sportwear company and Marvel.

I hope these aren't too hard. As a clue all of these are taken from the openings to their respective shows.

ROUND TWO! FIGHT!

1. cartoon1q.jpg

Platty shoots and he scores, recognising this thumbnail from the Thundercats opening just before Panthro does his very fabulous kick.

2. cartoon2.jpg

Goafer knows that Amy was the smartest girl at school, and he deserves a point for that. Galaxy High! Galaxy High! Galaxy High!

3. cartoon3.jpg

Happenstance knows the logo Skeeter Valentine wears on his shirt. Doug is correct. Have a point. HONK HONK.

4. cartoon4.jpg

5. cartoon5.jpg

Dog-amoto clearly had a supremely macho childhood like me for being able to identify that thumbnail from the most manly cartoon ever aired, The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin.

6. cartoon6.jpg

Goafer scores his second, correctly identifying the weird alien who snatches Scrooge's money in the Duck Tales opening.

7. cartoon7.jpg

MCJ Metroid leaps in and correctly recognises Acme Looniversity from Tiny Toon Adventures. Very nice!

8. cartoon8.jpg

Both Platty and Goafer each receive a point for recognising this awful quality shot of the thrown away Super Ted before the Spotty Man brings him to life!

9. cartoon9.jpg

Goafer's on fire! Point after point! I'm beginning to suspect this man of founding RetroJunk.com. Duckula is the correct answer!

10. cartoon10x.jpg

MoogleViper knows his Cartoon Network shows. Dexter's Lab is correct! Help yourself to some omlette du fromage.

SCORES

Goafer - 4

Platty - 2

MCJ Metroid - 1

MoogleViper - 1

Happenstance - 1

Dog-amoto - 1

Edited by Guy

damn didn't refresh before I edited my post and added number 8 answer...

I'm happy to share the victory. Although it's down to Scoop I guess.

7: tiny toons

i think its that instead of animianics

I think you're right. Jeepers.