Thor: The Movie

Also this issues Total film magazine is a Marvel Movie Special

TFilm179.jpg

with 2 awesome posters

this one -

thor_poster-535x791.jpg

and an awesome captain America one on the other side

marvel_captain_america_poster.jpg

I'm actually going to have to go to Tesco and slip the poster out of that magazine and slip it into a news paper or something so I can have both posters up. :)

Hawkeye's Thor Cameo Revealed

You won't have to wait until 2012's The Avengers to see Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Cinema Blend was at CinemaCon where roughly 20 minutes of footage from the upcoming Thor movie was screened that showed the Marvel archer in action.

"The scene we saw featured Renner as Hawkeye, working with the infamous Agent Coulson, played as he was in the Iron Man movies, by Clark Gregg," according to the site.

"The scene features Hawkeye using his famous bow and arrow and he has multiple lines, so while we're talking about something a little more than a momentary cameo, there's no way to know if his involvement will go any further than that one scene."

Source - IGN

Ugh. I didn't think my local cinema were doing the (Easter Monday Advance Preview) but they are.

Unfortunately its 3D only. :/ Gonna have to see it though obviously.

I saw a five minute trailer of this and I'm just not that excited at all now. I saw a teaser trailer before and was pretty happy about it and stuff but after seeing the five-minute one, it just seems like a CGI show with an excuse to show it in 3D and a half-decent superhero storyline.

Don't get me wrong, I'll give it a go and totally leave my opinion of the trailer at the door but I'm just not excited for it at all now.

I want to see it! I'm pleased it's getting positive reviews. That's reassuring. (I was ready for it to be "..." )

CBR 'reviews' are some of the worst I've ever read, so I'm not trusting them by any margin! On the plus side, Empire are usually a solid source for reviews and they gave it 4 stars and gave it a very positive review- Said it was epic fantasy writ large. Done assuredly and confidently. Can't ask for more from a Thor movie.

My girlfriend has decided she wants to see this now, as she is under the impression it's about norse mythology, I haven't the heart to tell her it's a superhero movie.

My girlfriend has decided she wants to see this now, as she is under the impression it's about norse mythology, I haven't the heart to tell her it's a superhero movie.

Don't. It'll be funny.

Seeing as it's now her choice of movie that means she is buying the tickets, so I'll just let her think what she wants to think, and casually mention it if she twigs.

Just back from seeing it, was a decent movie.

Nice Hawkeye cameo, and the reveal at the end of the credits probably shows that The Avengers movie is going to involve the Cosmic Cube

:)

Ahhhhhhhh.

Fucking sweet movie. Definitely on par with Iron Man.

Very humourful. Loved the cinematography (thats camera direction, right?).

Great fights. Presenceful and powerful cast.

Cool effects.

COOL CAMEOS!

OMFG. Definitely the best and most impactful after credits scene. Awesomeness of both the Cosmic Cube and Loki controlling that guy. That was insane.

I gasped really loud at the after credits scene> And got a boner.

THOR WILL RETURN IN THE AVENGERS

BONER.

Good Film confirmed. It was excellent. Absolutely nailed the feel of Thor to a tee. It was high fantasy adventure as much as a 'super hero' film (The term doesn't feel right applied to Thor, somehow) and it really worked out. I think the middle act in New Mexico was somewhat over long, even though it had the best jokes, but apart from that it was pacey, dramatic, exciting and fun. Good times.

Also: The cast were, to a man, perfect. Hiddleson as Loki, particularly, was spot on. Perfectly captured the God of mischief but also that underlying deeper character. Great performance.

I was hoping to go see it yesterday but didnt manage to. Going tomorrow now instead, glad to hear its still getting good reviews.

Great film, one of the best action flicks I've seen in a while. Didn't mess around, didn't screw it up anywhere, didn't pretend to be anything it wasn't, didn't have any kind of dance scene. Thumbs up.

didn't have any kind of dance scene.

Lol.

It is one of the few traditional comic book movies (i.e. not the new Batmans) in which the fight scenes have felt (almost entirely) satisfying.

Perhaps the fight

Destroyer

Could have been a touch longer, but apart from that I felt very satisfied from them. More so than Iron Man's Iron Monger fight, and Iron Man 2's finale fight with Whiplash.

Saying that, I just rewatched Iron Man 2 the Whiplash fight(s) are pretty good, I thought. Maybe not long enough but the choreography is pretty awesome. And the drone scene before it is great fun. Thor definitely has better action, though.

Saying that, I just rewatched Iron Man 2 the Whiplash fight(s) are pretty good, I thought. Maybe not long enough but the choreography is pretty awesome. And the drone scene before it is great fun. Thor definitely has better action, though.

I'm referring solely to the fight at the end. He turns up and then its all over. With his new awesome suit, I wanted to see it properly in action, but literally there is one single exchange and then its resolved.

The other fights in Iron Man 2 are fecking awesome (including the bit leading upto Whiplash's final arrival).

Saw this today, went to the first showing at 11.15am :heh:

All of 20 people in the cinema :heh:

Enjoyed it fully, didn't feel like it was 2 hours long, when I realised it was almost over I thought, damn that was fast. Good balance between action and story too.

Only thing that kinda got to me

Location wise for the Earth setting didn't feel as good. I know that can't go destorying cities every film, but some tiny town in the middle of the desert doesn't feel like a proper setting for a battle of Gods.

It kinda felt a little like most of the budget went to building Asgard which looked utter pro, but the parts on Earth felt low budget in comparission.

Certainly would have made the fight with Destoryer seem more epic if they actually put people in danger too :heh:

But other than that, epic film.

I stayed for after the credits, only one who did... felt awkward with the cinema staff cleaning up around me, went down towards the exit and just waited there... why do they have to stick these things right at the very end... seriously they should make it appear like 2 - 3 mins max into the credits :heh:

And when the scene did come up the sound went :mad:

Well it was fine for the first two lines of dialogue, but then the voices disappeared but the background music remained... WTF. Ah well I'm sure it'll appear on Youtube soon enough.

Loved Stan Lee's cameo as always, though I do wish he'd get a bit more screen time sometimes and come into direct contact with the heroes more. They should do something like that for The Avengers have him in the same scene as ALL the heroes would be awesome.

And on the Avengers...

Will be interesting to see how Thor gets back to Earth for The Avengers, considering the Bifrost was gone, I was expecting to see some reconstructing work underway at the end

The Captian America trailer before the film was epic too.... how the hell did they do "skinny" Chris Evans.... what did he lose weight shoot those scenes then bulk up?

I know CGI, etc, but still looked awesome

And Finally... Natalie Portman :love:

Is she gonna be in The Avengers too?

Wonder if we'll get a Thor 2 after that?

- Skinny Chris Evans is CGI. :p

- Natalie Portman is not in The Avengers (Which I dislike, considering how Thor played out)

- Thats annoying about the sound. Perhaps the projectionist thought you had left.

The Cosmic Cube is an object of immense power. "Unlimited power" as Nick Fury describes. He explains how some objects belong to both legend and history.

Then Loki appears in the reflection and says "Unlimited power.....I guess thats worth a look"

and then the scientist says "I guess thats worth a look", i.e. Loki is manipulating him.

It was recently revealed that they are both signed up to The Avengers also.