Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Vow to watch a (TV) series.

dwarf

I vowed to watch Battlestar Galactica. Love it. 10 episodes into season 1, and this is nothing like Star Trek (my initial concern). There's something about these space dramas that are initially offputting because they seem at first glance to be niche viewing for, shall we say, nerds.

Although I did watch Firefly and Serenity which are the closest series/film I can gauge this against, and I loved them too. I have to say, I really enjoy the professor guy's relationship with his mental baggage, for better words (or at least my understanding at this point in the series). He's quite a good character I think.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

I've always said that BSG isn't about space or science fiction- It's merely a frame for a deep and intense character drama about darker subject matter than more mundane settings would allow. Just wait till you see the first episodes of series 3. Without giving anything away, I can safely say that they're an incredibly brave piece of political and social commentary that comes from a place so leftfield and far away from the common American public perception at the time that they were made that, frankly, their existence baffles me. Brilliant, brilliant television.

I've started season 4 of Six Feet Under. Intensely dark television. The ending of season 3 is heartbreaking. Great drama though. Those that have seen it will know what I mean but the way the viewer journey's along with the Fishers through the final episodes of the season is wonderfully done. Their confusion is our confusion and the decision not to indulge in dramatic irony is a deft writing touch that is as fine as any I've ever seen.

I watched the mini movie-series thing. Its good....just didn't grab me.

I was the same. Watched the mini-series and the first 4 episodes of the S1 and it never really grabbed me, although I'm told it will if I keep watching, which I will someday.

I finished series 2 of Le Squire, very very gooood. Wasn't as good as season 1 but that would've been impossible anyhow, plus more of something awesome, with different plot and some new ingredients is what I like to see. As I spoilered before, I was gutted at a certain section, which highlights how effective a drama it is.

Finished The Wire season 2.

Started Breaking Bad Season 2.

Chuck Season 2 has arrived and will be next.

Then The Wire 3 (which should arrive tomorrow)

Then Breaking Bad Season 3, which is downloaded.

And then Chuck Season 3 which will be downloaded.

Then The Wire Season 4 - 5

Then BSG Season 1-4.

Yes

I've always said that BSG isn't about space or science fiction- It's merely a frame for a deep and intense character drama about darker subject matter than more mundane settings would allow. Just wait till you see the first episodes of series 3. Without giving anything away, I can safely say that they're an incredibly brave piece of political and social commentary that comes from a place so leftfield and far away from the common American public perception at the time that they were made that, frankly, their existence baffles me. Brilliant, brilliant television.

I've started season 4 of Six Feet Under. Intensely dark television. The ending of season 3 is heartbreaking. Great drama though. Those that have seen it will know what I mean but the way the viewer journey's along with the Fishers through the final episodes of the season is wonderfully done. Their confusion is our confusion and the decision not to indulge in dramatic irony is a deft writing touch that is as fine as any I've ever seen.

I'll be about to start that in a few days! Currently re watching series 3. I can barely remember the ending to be honest. Also, good news : Mad Men series 4 in September :D

Edited by ipaul

Finished The Wire season 2.

Started Breaking Bad Season 2.

Chuck Season 2 has arrived and will be next.

Then The Wire 3 (which should arrive tomorrow)

Then Breaking Bad Season 3, which is downloaded.

And then Chuck Season 3 which will be downloaded.

Then The Wire Season 4 - 5

Then BSG Season 1-4.

Should also find room for Mad Men fyi. It's so slow it makes The Wire look like Prison Break but it's a great show.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!