N-Europe

Green Lantern

Happenstance

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I know of Green Lantern is from the Justice League cartoons but that preview actually looks decent! Will probably watch it.

Most people will say Batman, (they're wrong) but Green Lantern is the best thing that DC produce (currently). The stories are EPIC as hell and its all really really REALLY bad ass.

I cant wait to see the full movie and see which other Lanterns we notice in the big crowd scenes, that preview already showed quite a few.

I also feel the need to post this, mainly because its awesome but it can also be used to compare between comic and movie characters:

Green_Lantern_Corps_005.jpg

Although i'm not a fan of Comics per se, I do love anything superhero related, although my knowledge on Green Lantern isn't the best (Clue: it's shit). I've seen the trailer a few times for this and i'm pressed. I did wonder if Blake Lively would a be a little on the young side when I heard about the casting, but she's hot, so i'm optimistic.

It will never not look like a fan-made photoshop job. The mask...! :wtf:

The rest is ok I guess, just terrible cgi intergration (as evidenced in the trailers so far) lets it down. Should have been a physical costume (IMO). The feet might be my favourite bit. And the little glowing lines.

I like that they've made the suit look more alien than super hero- it builds the corps up, visually. I do think that the CGI is too much though and they should have made a physical suit too. Enhancement over replacement is still a trueism in SFX if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...