NEurope
Charlie

Wimbledon 2010

I think they get extra challenges after a set amount of points(tiebreak it's every 12 points I think) and games. It would make sense. You can find information about this on the Wimbledon page. There's an own section there somewhere.

This games gonna start holding the entire mens tournament up soon!

Crazy!! Loving it!! :D

Does anyone else has issues with the wimbledon.org stream?

I was able to catch the last half hour of the match between Mahut and Isnor. 70 games to 68!!?! Absolutely amazing match. They were definitely wrecked. You could also see the deveatation on Mahut's face. I felt kinda bad because he had to stay on the court for so long when he wanted to leave.

Gutted I missed the end of the match as I was at work.

I'm pleased that they were given a special prize at the end of it as it is something that very likely will never happen again. I'm also very glad that the umpire wasn't forgotten and was given something too as he did an amazing job staying alert for the whole match!

Did anyone catch the Murray game today? He was looking very good, on top form, played some very nice shots. I was getting a bit worried in the first game of the match after Neiminen after 4 break points but after Murray saved them and won the game he was playing great.

Fantastic line up today:

Colin Fleming and Ken Skupski (GB) vs Bob and Mike Bryan (on Red Button now),

Federer vs Melzer (1pm start),

Djokovic vs Hewitt,

Murray vs Querry (3rd on centre court after Federer and then Serana - Sharapova).

Laura Robson is playing soon in the juniors so I'm hoping they'll show that on red button too.

I'm not really interested in tennis, but today is a Belgian clash between Henin and Clijsters so I'm half watching that. =)

Doesn't seem like it'll last long though, boooh.

Some good tennis today. Disappointing to see Sharapova go out as I would prefer something other than a Williams sisters final. Quite shocked Roddick is out. Well, not as shocked as I'm sure others will be. Lu may not have been seeded but he's a very good player if you've seen him playing elsewhere and I'm sure we'll see more of him in the years to come as I do think he'll make a quick-ish ascent of the men's world rankings.

And Murray, well he hasn't dropped a set yet unlike the other top seeded men but I can't be the only thinking he's been playing some lazy tennis so far. I mean, both Federer and Nadal have dropped sets but I would still say they've been playing near the top of their games. Murray seems to still be easing in to it to me. Whether that bodes well for him or not I don't know but it's one of the things that has annoyed me about Murray ever since he went professional.

Some good tennis today. Disappointing to see Sharapova go out as I would prefer something other than a Williams sisters final. Quite shocked Roddick is out. Well, not as shocked as I'm sure others will be. Lu may not have been seeded but he's a very good player if you've seen him playing elsewhere and I'm sure we'll see more of him in the years to come as I do think he'll make a quick-ish ascent of the men's world rankings.

And Murray, well he hasn't dropped a set yet unlike the other top seeded men but I can't be the only thinking he's been playing some lazy tennis so far. I mean, both Federer and Nadal have dropped sets but I would still say they've been playing near the top of their games. Murray seems to still be easing in to it to me. Whether that bodes well for him or not I don't know but it's one of the things that has annoyed me about Murray ever since he went professional.

Murray's ground strokes so far have pissed me off because he doesn't apply any pace to them, as if he's just on the training court. His interviews are boring as fuck though.

Murray's ground strokes so far have pissed me off because he doesn't apply any pace to them, as if he's just on the training court. His interviews are boring as fuck though.

I think Murray's been playing really well so far, he was definitely the stand out male in the first week. I didn't see his game against Simon as I was busy but from what I heard he was fantastic.

IN regards to his ground strokes, he hasn't needed to put any pace on them as his placement is so good. We know he can hit the ball hard if and when he needs to. I thought he was very good against Querrey today who we know is a good player as he won Queen's Club 2 weeks ago.

And it's Men's Semi Final Day!

I reckon that the semi-finals are quite often the best matches of the tournament. Can't wait for Murray - Nadal this afternoon although unfortunately I can't see Murray winning it. Nadal to win in 4 sets.

I was watching some of this today, and caught the wheelchair women's doubles game, it was pretty hilarious. I mean c'mon, women playing tennis!?