NEurope
Charlie

Wimbledon 2010

I don't usually care for Professional Tennis or anything... but is it true there's a match that has been gone for 8 hours straight? And it still hasn't stopped? :o

That's just incredible! Please tell me these two will win a trophy for their determination!

..they actually began last night so it isn't 8 hours straight, exactly.. but it's one hell of a final set :eek: Imagine something like that in the final with so much at stake!

..they actually began last night so it isn't 8 hours straight, exactly.. but it's one hell of a final set :eek: Imagine something like that in the final with so much at stake!

It's coming up for 9 hours and I think around 6 of them have been today in this set.

The scoreboard only goes to 50. They started over again on 0-1!

The scoreboard only goes to 50. They started over again on 0-1!

It stopped working at 47-47 didn't it? They've just turned it off now.

I was talking about the scoreboard on the Wimbledon page.

I do think it's getting a bit ridiculous now. Djokovic had a good idea when they were showing his interview with the whole 'emergency tie break' because I'm failing to see any way this'll end tonight. Which means that the schedule for tomorrow is screwed up as one of these guys is supposed to play a match tomorrow.

The winners/unforced errors ratio is unbelievable(for someone who is following women's tennis). 277/54 for Mahut and 306/51 for Ishner. 81 and 92 aces respectively.

The BBC live text is funny to follow^^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8753437.stm

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

The winners/unforced errors ratio is unbelievable(for someone who is following women's tennis). 277/54 for Mahut and 306/51 for Ishner. 81 and 92 aces respectively.

The BBC live text is funny to follow^^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8753437.stm

Haha yeah the BBC live text is always really good for the tennis. I like this one.

2040: Isner holds to love and practically crawls back to his chair as the set moves past six and a half hours. Big John leads 56-55 but decides against a banana on this changeover as he probably doesn't have the energy to peel it.

Insane! I was watching it around 33-all and figured "right, I'll go to the shops after this game is over. Can't be long now..." Glad I changed my mind as the shops closed at 8!!

Things you could've done in the time this match has taken;

Watch all three LOTR extended editions

Fly to China

Complete RE5 twice

... lol

2040: Isner holds to love and practically crawls back to his chair as the set moves past six and a half hours. Big John leads 56-55 but decides against a banana on this changeover as he probably doesn't have the energy to peel it.

Sorry, I got a little confused - is that what year we're in now?

The match is suspended at 59-59!

Too bad I will probably be at work when it continues.

I have a feeling that once they come back tomorrow the match will be over in 2 games.

I have a feeling that once they come back tomorrow the match will be over in 2 games.

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same. I also hope they get moved to Centre Court tomorrow so they can play in front of the Queen, however it looks unlikely.

Murray is scheduled to be first on Centre Court at 1pm tomorrow.

This was awesome to watch earlier. I have a feeling it'll be all over within 15 minutes of them coming out though :heh:

I'm impressed by Mahut. He has served to stay in the match for 55 games.

I think one of them should just start guessing where the opponent's serves are going in order to get a WIN return because they're flat-out failing to anticipate anything. I so hope Mahut wins, because he isn't a prick, and is more fun to watch.

Does anyone know the state of challenges remaining? They don't get extra do they because it's strictly one set?

Edited by dwarf

The court doesn't have hawkeye.

Anyway, you can't stack challenges.

Edited by Tales

OHZ. Lose question. Bit unfair of the 'amateurs' isn't it?

Yeah but surely they should boost the amount of challenges if the set were to be as long as this? They get new amounts for each set and tie breaks (2 in tie breaks I think) yet if this were on a hawk-eye court they would've only got a few challenges when it's effectively gone on for 8000 sets.

I think one of them should just start guessing where the opponent's serves are going in order to get a WIN return because they're flat-out failing to anticipate anything.

It's quite a risk to start guessing at this stage...and even if one starts to anticipate I don't think it's easy to do a return because they both serve with such strength and precision.

Anyway, such a great match.