Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

Ahhhhhhhhhhh well. I have to say some of the Manchester performers did well particularly Park. Rooney's shot at the end was so accurate.

Ramires was a bit clumsy and should have been sent off I guess., though the ref got a bit card happy early on though.

Drogba's goal was nice but was a bit gutted when United scored soon after. Oh well!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my stream just before Drogba's goal, it comes back for about a second where I see 1-1, then cuts out again, by the time I've found a new stream it was 2-1!

I dislike missing goals :(

BUT Manchester United are in the semi's, against (most likely) Schalke - what a fantastic chance to get to the final at Wembley (then lose to Barcelona...)!

Haha you must have been watching the same stream my mate was. He was just as gutted as you, he could tell a goal had been scored but couldn't tell which team. All hail the internet.

I don't get the "oh well" Ellmeister. I'd be livid that our manager dropped our best striker for some tit who hadn't scored yet for the club in the team's biggest game of the season.

If that was Abramovich's orders then more fool him, the last time he pulled a stunt like that Chelsea lost their best ever manager.

I really like Ji-Sung Park. He must only play one in five games for them, yet whenever he does he makes an impression. He's a little firecracker that fergie has in reserve to throw a spanner in the tactical preperations of the opponent - doesn't typically fit in with the rest of the squad but has heart whenever he gets a game. Very pleased he got a goal.

I really like Ji-Sung Park. He must only play one in five games for them, yet whenever he does he makes an impression. He's a little firecracker that fergie has in reserve to throw a spanner in the tactical preperations of the opponent - doesn't typically fit in with the rest of the squad but has heart whenever he gets a game. Very pleased he got a goal.

He's always a first choice player when it come's to the big games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing against Man City on the weekend, Arsenal and Chelsea in the premier league, but dropped for the other games.

He is reliable in the important games cause he doesn't give up anything, any loose ball, untidy pass he'll jump at the chance to reclaim.

Hernandez.... signing of the season, what a sensation, Hopefully he'll have a few good years at Old Trafford, and become a legend.

Great game yesterday. The two legs have been my favourite games of the season. Full of action, great attacking play and some great goals.

Absolutely brilliant performances yesterday. Rio played like a hero, blatantly carrying an injury throughout the whole game, yet he played and led from the back. I actually didn't think Park had his best game, but that's because he has set a high standard for himself. An unsung United hero, who always turns up for the big games.

The two best players yesterday were Michael Carrick and Ryan Giggs. They were the best players last week too. Carrick's contribution to these two games have almost gone un-noticed. Giggs was just unreal yesterday. How can he keep giving performances like this every week? Amazing.

Lastly, Wayne Rooney has had his critics this season, but he's starting to put the performances in now, and it's a massive step in the right direction. As well as stuff like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9456685.stm

He did himself proud yesterday. Gave a lot for the team and kept going.

Finally, Berbatov: He is by some way our biggest goal-scorer this season, yet he was benched for both games. Did he moan like a bitch? No. He played on Saturday, will probably play on the weekend as well, and bagged a goal at the weekend, too. He understands he has to wait for his moments, but he has put the performances in this season. And, when he knows that the manager has gone with a different system, he accepts it. That's great professionalism.

Chelsea: I thought they played quite well. Gave us some scares. Cannot believe they left Drogba on the bench, though. He was great last week, and was great when he came on. Carlo got it wrong. Torres was so poor last night, I can't believe this is the same player that many claimed had "given Vidic nightmares". He's scored 3 goals or something out of 11 games against United. That's not great at all, and in two of the games he got the better of Rio, not Nemanja.

LOL @ the Liverpool v Madrid game, I convinced myself during the game that first goal Torres never fouled the Madrid player, and that penalty, jeeez how lucky.

I can only see it being a Madrid victory, I would imagine spurs getting the one goal, but they have to attack and madrid can catch them on the backfoot.

Spurs just don't have the strike force, Crouch and Defore are shite, a massive 6 league goals between them, 18 in all competitions. Pavlyuchenko has 7 in the league, 11 in all comps, but is still 3rd choice.

It's an uphill struggle for them as it is, its that much harder when they don't have competent scorers.

Spurs just don't have the strike force, Crouch and Defore are shite, a massive 6 league goals between them, 18 in all competitions. Pavlyuchenko has 7 in the league, 11 in all comps, but is still 3rd choice.

It's an uphill struggle for them as it is, its that much harder when they don't have competent scorers.

Shirley Crouch is banned?

Shirley Crouch is banned?

Yeah he is, I was just saying in general they've got crap forwards.

---

Edit - Post Merged.

Well this explains the boardroom shift this week. Former Arsenal majority share holder and board director, Danny Fiszman passed away after a long battle with cancer today.

RIP Danny Fiszman

Source: Arsenal.com

Edited by Ramar
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!