Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually saw the backflip penalty the other day and, to be honest, that level of arrogance deserves a slap :nono:

I'm going all Andy Gray with this, but he wouldn't do that in the sunday league here. Someone sour wouldn't take kindly to it.

I'm going all Andy Gray with this, but he wouldn't do that in the sunday league here. Someone sour wouldn't take kindly to it.

If he did that in a match against me, I don't think he'd be able to walk five minutes later..

..and I'm a nice guy!

Edited by nekunando

How have you only just seen that. Old video! :p

Have you seen the "dodgy dealing" one?

I'm not a fucking wheeler dealer! I'm a fucking football manager!

Nah 'Arry you're a ball bag faced clown.

:laughing:

Yeah, I've seen that one, but I've never seen this one before.

It looks like he was having a bad day in both videos, though. :heh:

As for today, a decent performance I think. 2-0 is a good scoreline, but really the team could have got more. Anderson looked good, but he needs to make the most of his chances. He had an awesome chance to get a goal when the score was 1-0 in the first half. You never know, in other games, that game might have finished 1-1 and that miss could have been costly.

Nervous about the second leg against Chelsea. Mainly because it's a game where we should see it out, having the advantage and all that. But, football doesn't work that way. Look at Inter getting hammered by Schalke.

Looking forward to the second leg. I'm happy we didn't let in another at home, though it does of course mean that we have to win at Old Trafford, which is no mean feat. But given our track record there, I'm positive we'll give it a good go.

Looking forward to the second leg. I'm happy we didn't let in another at home, though it does of course mean that we have to win at Old Trafford, which is no mean feat. But given our track record there, I'm positive we'll give it a good go.

A 2-0 at Stamford Bridge would have been superb, and 1-0 is still a great score-line to come away from there with. Considering our record there.

I've got a feeling it'll be a very, very nervy draw. 1-1 or something. I can see Chelsea scoring, but I can also see United doing the same.

Surprised the Arsenal takeover hasn't been mentioned yet.

Not 100% sure what I think. Quite liked not being owned by a foreign investor but it doesn't look too bad. He's said he isn't going to put debt on the club like the Glazers/Gillette and Hicks, and the current board are staying (for now anyway), but how long until that changes?

I guess the main thing that this will bring is pre-season tours to America.

Surprised the Arsenal takeover hasn't been mentioned yet.

Not 100% sure what I think. Quite liked not being owned by a foreign investor but it doesn't look too bad. He's said he isn't going to put debt on the club like the Glazers/Gillette and Hicks, and the current board are staying (for now anyway), but how long until that changes?

I guess the main thing that this will bring is pre-season tours to America.

With Wenger's comments midweek then Peter Hill-Wood calling fans stupid, there's a lot going down for The Arsenal at the minute without mentioning the rather average game (but a much needed win) and then KSE trying to take over.

Lets start with the game anyway, although it was 3-1 we got a bit of luck. Blackpool should have had two penalties, we missed several easy opportunities and the same suspects were lacklustre. Good to see Lehmann's return was an 'easy' one, but it was good to see him commanding the area. Reading Van Persie say we're going to win it still in the paper didn't instill confidence, I'd rather the players took it game by game. Done the hard work and not the talking, we've heard enough.

Then the KSE bombshell last night, the inevitable really. We've been majority owned by foreign investors for 2 years or so now, so that doesn't bother me. Nina Bracewell-Smith has wanted to shift her shares since being kicked off the board and Danny Fiszman is seriously ill. So their sale to the only person on the board's side who could afford it is no surprise. The positive from the situation is that Kroenke wants to keep the same board structure and finance model which is good. But I'd still rather be multi-owned than have a single owner. Though talk tonight is that Red & White Holdings (Usmanov's holding company) won't sell up, which could make things difficult/interesting.

Summary: Wall-o-text.

With Wenger's comments midweek then Peter Hill-Wood calling fans stupid, there's a lot going down for The Arsenal at the minute without mentioning the rather average game (but a much needed win) and then KSE trying to take over.

Lets start with the game anyway, although it was 3-1 we got a bit of luck. Blackpool should have had two penalties, we missed several easy opportunities and the same suspects were lacklustre. Good to see Lehmann's return was an 'easy' one, but it was good to see him commanding the area. Reading Van Persie say we're going to win it still in the paper didn't instill confidence, I'd rather the players took it game by game. Done the hard work and not the talking, we've heard enough.

Then the KSE bombshell last night, the inevitable really. We've been majority owned by foreign investors for 2 years or so now, so that doesn't bother me. Nina Bracewell-Smith has wanted to shift her shares since being kicked off the board and Danny Fiszman is seriously ill. So their sale to the only person on the board's side who could afford it is no surprise. The positive from the situation is that Kroenke wants to keep the same board structure and finance model which is good. But I'd still rather be multi-owned than have a single owner. Though talk tonight is that Red & White Holdings (Usmanov's holding company) won't sell up, which could make things difficult/interesting.

Summary: Wall-o-text.

Very much agree with all your comments. Usmanov was said to be mad when he heard the news. He very clearly wanted all out control for himself. It will be very interesting whether he tries to bully his way onto the board by not selling his stake. He doesn't need to sell, he's got enough money (£10bn) to keep hold of his shares to be awkward, but if he is denied any power is there any point on him holding on? Will the share price really rise and make it profitable for him if the running of the club is in the balance like that?

Very much agree with all your comments. Usmanov was said to be mad when he heard the news. He very clearly wanted all out control for himself. It will be very interesting whether he tries to bully his way onto the board by not selling his stake. He doesn't need to sell, he's got enough money (£10bn) to keep hold of his shares to be awkward, but if he is denied any power is there any point on him holding on? Will the share price really rise and make it profitable for him if the running of the club is in the balance like that?

At this moment in time I can only imagine how David Dein feels, he was the first to bring in Kroenke. Got slated for it, kicked off the board. Found himself a new man, sold up in the hope of him taking control and giving him the helm. Only for the club to turncoat to the "we don't need his sorts" investor Dein first brought in.

With further news today that he may make a return under Silent Stan, must admit, for the first time since his departure I would support a return of Mr Dein.

Very happy with the win. I went mental when Carroll got his first, and by the time he put in his second, I was elated. We absolutely battered them first half, seriously, they were nowhere. Barry and Milner were playing?

Everyone was great, and I'm delighted for Flanagan. I've seen him a few times in the reserves and he looked quality, he did brilliant tonight against Citeh.

Good result for Chelsea I guess, as much as I don't want Liverpool to win, pressure is taken off slightly for third place and Carroll did score a cracking first goal.

People thought we were going to struggle for champions league this season in the middle. I must admit I was starting to have my doubts but we've done alreet in the end.

It's all about tonight!

Great result for Liverpool last night. Really dominated Man City. :yay: More of that please.

I'm watching a bit of the Utd v Chelsea game here. Chelsea should be level on aggregate. Frank Lampard had a golden opportunity but instead of pulling the trigger he passed it into Van der Sars arms. :wtf: Torres has headed wide but who expected him to score anyway. :heh:

Drogba on the bench means Abramovic picked the team.

Currently 0-0 with Barca.

What a cunt of a sucker punch. Chelsea fans thinking they were back in it, then Man Utd score straight after.

Old cliché always weakest after you've just scored.

I lost my stream just before Drogba's goal, it comes back for about a second where I see 1-1, then cuts out again, by the time I've found a new stream it was 2-1!

I dislike missing goals :(

BUT Manchester United are in the semi's, against (most likely) Schalke - what a fantastic chance to get to the final at Wembley (then lose to Barcelona...)!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!