Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation is awful. As much as I dislike Liverpool, you don't want to see a team go through this kind of melodrama. Football should live or die on the field, but there is so much emphasis placed on owners and boardsmen these days.

The scary thing is that so many teams are being run by these "tycoons", so this could happy to anyone. No team is safe. I find it very disrespectful how these owners are turning a prestigious club (treasure this moment Liverpool fans, I'm not going to praise you again this season ;)) like Liverpool into a media farce and a money-squandering joke.

I think we've got away with it today, bit crap, had loads of the ball but done nothing much with it. Got gifted a penalty, Nasri avoided a red card, although we did have a goal disallowed, not too sure what for yet, other end of the ground from me.

But with Man Utd and Chelsea both drawing the win becomes vital and I'd take more of these scrappy wins if it gets us somewhere.

Not seen Wilshere's red again, at the time I wasn't paying much attention and thought it was just a collision. But everyone has held their hands up to it, so must be deserved.

Why can't we hold onto leads this season? so frustrating especially after the first half it looked like we were cruising. Gah! Luckily Villa held Chelski and they didn't pull away further.

Interesting stuff with 4 of us all on 14 points.

Looking forward to MOTD. Speaking of Wilsheres red, 606 said it was a bad tackle and quite ironic after Wengers comments yesterday about bad tackling etc.

I hear Spurs 2nd goal was a bit controversial so be interesting to see that and a possible riot at the end of the Bolton game....

Wenger says he wants more protection for his players, yet they now have the 4th worst disciplinary record so far this season...

Oh noes! 4th worst after 8 games? :o

Last season we got the fair play award. Linkage

That red card is our 3rd this season if I'm not mistaken, Koscielny's was two yellows the last not even being a card, but an accidental hand ball. Song was sent off at Sunderland for two lame challenges, one being a body check..No harm done. Only Wilshere's has been a dangerous tackle, and no matter what Wenger says theres always going to be reckless, late and bad tackles in the game.

Today was a total joke. No desire, no creativity, no passion, no heart.

Our team:

Reina - World class goalkeeper, genuinely cares for the club, can't fault him.

Carragher - I love him as a Liverpool fan, his determination and love for the club, but he's getting/got to the stage were he just can't keep up with these better and faster players.

Skrtel - Don't have much to say, solid defender.

Krygiakos - Imposing, but defensively, like Carragher, hasn't got the legs for it.

Konchesky - So far, not been great, but i'm willing to give him time, i'm sure he'll become a solid player.

Maxi - I'm not sure about him, he's a good player, he plays for Argentina. He seems hit and miss for us.

Gerrard - Superb player, no doubt about it. Seems lost at the moment.

Lucas - Awful. In his reasonable long Liverpool career, how many good games has he actually had? I can think of a few at most.

Meireles - I think he's a good player, he just isn't showing it yet. Showed glimpses of his ability.

Cole - He's a top player. Skillful, and confident. He just hasn't showed it yet.

Torres - IMO, the best striker in the world when fit/on form. He has tremendous ability. I've got massive respect for him for staying with us after a poor season last year. I hope he dyes his hair back blonde, because he just isn't the same player. Very much like Rooney, but at least Rooney actually puts in a shift, and looks like he's trying to get back up to top form. He seems so disinterested.

Then there's the bench. Jovanovic is just an average Joe, nothing special at all. What else can you expect from a Standard Liege freebie huh? Babel, people have said loads about him, my opinion remains. He's got talent, but he never shows it. N'gog is poor. The way he's played, i can't believe he's scored 6, i think?, this season.

Is Woy the right man? I'm not sure he is. Nice bloke, very knowledgeable. I think this is a job too much for him. He just doesn't know how to play our key players, and our formation just doesn't seem right. I can think of 2 maybe 3 decent passes into the box today. If Torres was fit/in form, you'd expect to get a goal or more from them. But because he lacks form, he can't finish the very few chances he'll get presented with. We have to get a couple of wingers in who can actually cross a ball.

Sorry about the post being so messed up and poorly written, but you hopefully can see what i'm saying :heh:

No chance is Torres the best striker in the world when he's fit/on form. David Villa is far better than him. I would also rate Rooney, Tevez, Drogba as better than him. I think Torres is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, but best striker in the world? No chance.

That's why I put IMO in capitals. Torres is capable of tearing defenders like Vidic(who I consider one of the best CBs in the world) to pieces. His pace and finishing are amazing. He's also immense in the air. It's uncommon for a player to have all those skills.

That's why I put IMO in capitals. Torres is capable of tearing defenders like Vidic(who I consider one of the best CBs in the world) to pieces. His pace and finishing are amazing. He's also immense in the air. It's uncommon for a player to have all those skills.

Of course, you have your opinion and I've got mine.

(But my opinion is right in this case :heh: )

Ngog is your top scorer isn't he? That says it all really :)

To be fair, Torres still has more goals from open play this season than Rooney. The guy has never had a chance to fully recover from the various injuries he's had before being thrown back in at the deep end and expected to single handedly win every Liverpool game. David Villa aside, In the EPL, Torres has a better goal to game ratio than Tevez, Drogba or Rooney. He is a better striker than all of them. Besides Drogba, the other two aren't out and out goalscorers.

No chance is Torres the best striker in the world when he's fit/on form. David Villa is far better than him. I would also rate Rooney, Tevez, Drogba as better than him. I think Torres is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, but best striker in the world? No chance.

He's not even the best Spanish striker, David Villa pisses all over him.

The Man United game was utterly shocking on Saturday. The first half was one of the best halves that the team has produced all season. But, another crazy five minutes of madness, and another two goals conceded at home. If this were an isolated incident, then nothing more would be thought of it. However, far too many draws this season, and how many from winning positions?!

I said this during the Liverpool game where Gerrard levelled the scores at 2-2. This sorta thing would never have happened when Roy Keane was on the field. As soon as they concede a goal, the leaders on the pitch should be rallying the team forward and onwards. That hasn't happened this season. There's no clear leader. No one is taking charge and being the big man on the field.

I feel sorry for the attackers, because two goals at home (or even away in most cases) should be more than enough. I feel sorry for the likes of Berbatov, Nani and Hernandez who were working their socks off all afternoon, and for the most of this season. It's about time the rest of the team started pulling their weight.

The Merseyside Derby did cheer me up though. What a game. Everton completely mauled Liverpool in the first half, they wanted the ball at every opportunity. When Yakubu barged Skrtel out of the way, I knew that the Evertonians really fancied their chances. Really shocked at Roy's comments after the game, that the performance was good. Was it heck. Liverpool lacked width and didn't not push back Everton's fullbacks, or get the ball to the byline. It was all infront of Everton, they kept Liverpool narrow, put 10 men behind the ball and defended with ease.

Edit: As for best striker in the world, the answer is quite simply Didier Drogba. When he plays for Chelsea. He can do everything, plus he is a big personality on and off the field. He gets the fans and the rest of the team going. The most dangerous striker in the world.

Ramar is also right. Villa is a lot better than Torres. Torres has progressively performed less well as his Liverpool days have gone by. Is that down to him or the team, though? Hmm.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

What do you Man United fans think of the whole Rooney situation then? Will he leave, will he stay?

IMO, the reason why he isn't in form is because of Valencia's absence. It'd be interesting to see how many of Rooney's goals last season were assisted by Valencia. I'd say the majority of them were. I think i read that Valencia got 17 assists last season, which is alot. There was probably times were he created a chance but he wasn't awarded the assist.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!