NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Chelsea were simply not as good as United tonight. We were second to every loose ball an lost every 50/50. Sure we should've had a penalty but still, we played awfully.

Oh Liverpool, what the fuck did you do to Torres. At least he showed a glimpse of his old self tonight.

Chelsea robbed of a penalty, but then you wouldn't expect anything else when United are the opponents.

Easy really, we made him look good.:heh: Glimpse? When? He was awful tbh.

I completely agree about what you said on your team Flinky. I just think a 0-0 or 1-1 score would have been fairer on the game really.

Hopefully it is 1-0 to us in your home leg. We go on to win it in penalties :p

Hmm, I think 1-0 was about right, to be honest. I guess it's expected for the away team to play on the counter and defend well, which United did. At the start of the second half, I thought you'd get a goal. But, that seemed to change when Drogba went off. For me, that was the wrong call. He was chasing every ball, especially the ones into Evra's corner, but he had very, very little support off his team mates. Each time he was isolated.

What I'd have done is bring on Malouda to supply some service to Drogba, and then maybe bring on Anelka ten minutes later if that didn't work out. Anelka for Torres. Also, another thing that pleased me was seeing Anelka running to the halfway line in the final ten mins of the game to collect the ball from the centre-backs. It meant United only had one man to mark in Torres, whereas Drogba was more of a handful before.

2862976664_d79eddf510.jpg

You sure? :awesome:

Aaaaahahahaha.

Van Der Saar's save for Torres' header was world class. I hope Wenger was watching, thats the difference between a world class keeper and having a good/great keeper. Kept United in it.

Easy really, we made him look good.:heh: Glimpse? When? He was awful tbh.
I think for years tbh he made Liverpool look good! :p

Probably had more efforts (all 3 of them) on goal tonight, than all game combined since signing.

Van Der Saar's save for Torres' header was world class. I hope Wenger was watching, thats the difference between a world class keeper and having a good/great keeper. Kept United in it.

You should've seen my reaction to that. :heh:

*ball into box* Biting my nails, wincing.

*Torres heads the ball* Hands over eyes. Expecting it to hit the net.

*Van Der Sar tips it away*

Fuck+yeah+seaking.jpg

For once I'm really looking forward to ITV's highlights, plenty of goals. But you know ITV will play the game that they just had on first. v_v

Agreed, van der sars save was fantastic. We really need to get a good replacement for him!

Good counter for the goal, for a brief moment i thought it was gonna tip out but then the whole street must have heard me roar! haha

Very lucky with the ref not giving the penalty but it's all swings and roundabouts! :bowdown:

For once I'm really looking forward to ITV's highlights, plenty of goals. But you know ITV will play the game that they just had on first. v_v

Heh, I was right. ITV predictable and crap.

Heh, I was right. ITV predictable and crap.

I was just about to post that, haha. Saw your earlier comment.

I was just about to post that, haha. Saw your earlier comment.

They always do it, surely more people stay on the channel to see highlights of the games they haven't shown. Than those who missed the one game they did show.

They always do it, surely more people stay on the channel to see highlights of the games they haven't shown. Than those who missed the one game they did show.

Don't try and use logic where ITV are concerned.

Look who they had in the studio today. Harry Redknapp. Haha. Yes, he reeeeally wants to talk about how great the Champions League is, and how important it is for United to get an away goal. :heh:

I don't know whats worse co-commentary from Jim 'Liverpool' Beglin or Andy 'The Fake Irishman' Townsend.

Though I hear Ray 'closet Spurs fan' Wilkins had a shocker on Sky last night.

I don't know whats worse co-commentary from Jim 'Liverpool' Beglin or Andy 'The Fake Irishman' Townsend.

Though I hear Ray 'closet Spurs fan' Wilkins had a shocker on Sky last night.

Andy Townsend really irritates me. He's like talking sandpaper. Gets right up my vagina, he does.

I must admit I have time for David Pleat, in the same way you loved your Grandad's stories as a kid. You just know there's going to be a cock up that makes everyone laugh theirs heads off.

I must admit I have time for David Pleat, in the same way you loved your Grandad's stories as a kid. You just no there's going to be a cock up that makes everyone laugh theirs heads off.

That's exactly the same reason why I love Rafa Benitez. You're guaranteed a memorable line somewhere along the way.

Van Der Sar :heart:. The guy is so unbelievably calm, all the time. I can't say I've ever seen him lose his cool.

Also, not sure if the highlights showed it, might have missed it, but there was a moment in the first half where Torres was running into the box and went down, and Rio just picked him up like a ragdoll. I fucking cried at that.

Damn, how lucky is Gerard Pique. World cup winner, Euros winner, La liga winner, Champions league winner, plays in one of the best squads of all time. Then he gets to bang Shakira. Lucky bastard.

Thought Chelsea would have at worst been going to Old Trafford with a 0-0 or even a lead. Sheesh. I want Chelsea to go through cos a) I don't want Ancelotti to get the sack, b) I don't want Fergie to win the treble, the git and c) I love the Glazers, HATE United. :p

What was Adebayors first goal like? Just missed it getting a cuppa.

Just watched the Barca goals. Delicious.

Stankovic you beauty. Thats the sort of goal I was scoring in ISS 2 except with a keeper in goal!

I think for years tbh he made Liverpool look good! :p

Probably had more efforts (all 3 of them) on goal tonight, than all game combined since signing.

He had something like one on target for Chelsea before tonight, afaik.

Thought Chelsea would have at worst been going to Old Trafford with a 0-0 or even a lead. Sheesh. I want Chelsea to go through cos a) I don't want Ancelotti to get the sack, b) I don't want Fergie to win the treble, the git and c) I love the Glazers, HATE United. :p

What was Adebayors first goal like? Just missed it getting a cuppa.

Just watched the Barca goals. Delicious.

Stankovic you beauty. Thats the sort of goal I was scoring in ISS 2 except with a keeper in goal!

He had something like one on target for Chelsea before tonight, afaik.

Haha really? I can remember 1 against Copenhagen, surely he's had more?

Also, not sure if the highlights showed it, might have missed it, but there was a moment in the first half where Torres was running into the box and went down, and Rio just picked him up like a ragdoll. I fucking cried at that.

That was quality.

Ferdinand had it in for Torres all night.

Was pretty tense towards the end of the game, thank fuck Evra was on the line at the end of the first half.

I'm loving the fact that Torres has been the suck since his switch to Chelsea.

I was glad because I watched the Barca - Shakhtar game so was able to see the highlights straight away.

Torres is Shevchenko all over again.

Doesn't fit into the teams way of playing and therefore loses confidence due to lack of goals, plus both (Torres isn't the same player he was 2 years ago) were/are past their best.

I think it was the 60+ minute before he actually managed to pass the ball to someone on his own team, didn't look happy at all in possession of the ball.

Chelsea looked so slow last night, a shadow of the 2005 & 2006 sides, Robben & Duff each wing, god there were frightening.

Steady on, Shevchenko went to Chelsea at 30 and Torres is 27, the former would have been just coming to the end of his prime the latter in it. Lets not get into 'passed it' stages just yet.