NEurope
Retro_Link

PilotWings Resort

Yeah, I need a couple more Mii Trophies. It's great flying around looking for the little presents and having 5 minutes really helps.

How do you get the stunt rings to work? I flew through them and nothing happened so I decided to do barrell rolls but this only works from time to time. I gave up with that and went for the trophies instead.

You need to hold the left or right shoulder button so your going in the same direction of the Mii head in the ring and if the Mii head is spinning you do a barrel roll in the same direction.

Yeah, I need a couple more Mii Trophies. It's great flying around looking for the little presents and having 5 minutes really helps.

How do you get the stunt rings to work? I flew through them and nothing happened so I decided to do barrell rolls but this only works from time to time. I gave up with that and went for the trophies instead.

If your Mii is rotating left, do a left barrel roll. If it's rotating right, do a right barrel roll :smile:

If the Mii is stationary and tilted in a certain direction, hold L or R to go through the ring with the plane angled the right way.

If the Mii is upside down, hold L and R to turn your plane upside down and fly through.

Hope that helps :hehe:

Its hard to land perfectly. :(

That only adds to the thrill of pulling it off just right :smile:

Awesome game :yay:

I've now collected all the balloons, so have 5 minute free flights.
I wonder if that's going to be the final time extension. :hmm: Although I'm used to the time limit now, so not that bothered really. Having said that, unlimited Free Flight mode would have been nice, albeit probably not very good for my eyes. :heh:

Its hard to land perfectly. :(
Oh hay gamers game. :D

How do you get to 500m in the hang-glider mission "Three-Minute glide"? (Gold

I use what I believe is the highest thermal, yet can only ever get just below at 497m.

If you just want to get high rather than think about time and the capusles, then go the first one, hook immediately to the left, then spin 180 and go to the one opposite (which would be the one to the right of the first one) this will then take you to 500m, if it doesn't then do a quick circle and just go straight back into the same one (the one to the right of the first one on the approach) as this one will take you up there; best to nosedive into it (to pick up speed) then tilt up a touch when you're in it, leveling out when you're out of it, then if needed, lift up slightly at the very peak to get a few extra feet!

Just did Rocket Belt 3 on Gold...

...Truly excellent stuff. Mini UFO's, I love it!

:grin: Man, I really hope you get to fly one at some point.

Also had my first go on the Pedal Glider, another awesome addition. icon14.gif

...Monster Games/Nintendo, I salute you. :bowdown:

On to Platinum I go. :awesome:

Novice. Three star red-banded/perfected? Loves life.

Does first level of the next one (Bronze?)....

wtum9w.jpg

Great game, just started playing it today. Still doesn't seem like pilotwings without the parachute :(

Also, the way you can press L to level off with the rocket belt is cheating. There was none of that in the SNES days :D

Also, the way you can press L to level off with the rocket belt is cheating. There was none of that in the SNES days :D

Yeh.. though they introduced it in Pilotwings 64 and that was a great game too :yay: I'm really glad that there are certain little snippets of the N64 versions music in Pilotwings Resort, too. When you're flying along on the hang glider, you will hear a familiar little segment of the hang glider music from Pilotwings 64 :hehe:

This game just keeps getting better the more I play of it and it was without doubt the right launch game for me! I can't really see myself stopping until I have absolutely everything :bouncy: Flying around Wuhu Island somehow seems so much more enjoyable than it was in Wii Sports Resort.. I love it :yay:

EDIT Here's a pathetic, and harsh, review of Pilotwings Resort by GameTrailers..

Why do all the reviewers not see the quality in this game..? ::shrug:

Edited by nekunando

Just out of curiosity, how much replay value is there in this game? From what I have read in this thread, it seems that it will take a long time to complete everything, which I like the sound of. I just hope that it doesn't get boring after a while. It's certainly looks like my favorite of the launch titles, so I'm just wondering if it's worth the 45 Pounds that it costs here.

How do you get the upside down stunt rings? I've managed to get the plane upside down but it's hard to line up the plane the way I was doing it.

If you just want to get high rather than think about time and the capusles, then go the first one, hook immediately to the left, then spin 180 and go to the one opposite (which would be the one to the right of the first one) this will then take you to 500m, if it doesn't then do a quick circle and just go straight back into the same one (the one to the right of the first one on the approach) as this one will take you up there; best to nosedive into it (to pick up speed) then tilt up a touch when you're in it, leveling out when you're out of it, then if needed, lift up slightly at the very peak to get a few extra feet!

Thanks, I finally got to 500m and managed to 3 star it.

How do you get the upside down stunt rings? I've managed to get the plane upside down but it's hard to line up the plane the way I was doing it.

Leave it late so you don't veer off

Leave it late so you don't veer off

Thanks.

Just noticed / Nando /'s advice from an earlier post, didn't know you can just hold L + R, I was turning sharply and then pressing down which made the plane flip over but it was hard to control like that X_X.

Wow how tough is it to get perfect scores later in the game!

The squirrel suit is amazing, and it definitely gives me a flashback to the SNES Pilotwings. The spinning, rotating gates do as well, awesome.

Great game, just started playing it today. Still doesn't seem like pilotwings without the parachute :(

Nice one, Ronnie. Glad you got a 3DS.

There's one particular landmark I like in this game:

HNI_0056.jpg

Looks so much like Hyrule Castle in Wind Waker, I think.

I love how out of scale the castle is to the rest of the world :D

1 more information point left. Is there still one in the top right corner in the middle of nowhere like in Wii Sports Resort? Had a quick look but didn't find one.

It's possibly point 75, that seems to be the one everyone misses. It's above a ship out at sea near the 3 rock formations at the north east of the map. If if fly north east from the hotel you should see the ship/boat i'm on about, its around there in mid air.

If you press start, then details, then press Y, you can tell us which one you are missing.

Nr. 61 was the last one I got.

I have two gold rings on the glider free flight left. That's all. I've looked everywhere but it's bugging me, and there is no way to check what number or anything