NEurope
Retro_Link

PilotWings Resort

I've now just got at least one star on all missions. Loving the game, I know you can get more time in free flight, I just wish there was a true free flight, no time limit mode. I think I could fly around the island using the hang-glider for ages.

Something no review mentioned (probably because they never got there):

I've heard that there are a few extra missions in a "Diamond Class" once you have 3 stars on all the other missions.

Something no review mentioned (probably because they never got there):

I've heard that there are a few extra missions in a "Diamond Class" once you have 3 stars on all the other missions.

Holy crap. I best start getting good then lol

This game is awesome, I'm glad I picked it up despite reviews giving it a bad rep! It's really challenging..

Having trouble with the hangglider mission where you have to take a photo of the lighthouse...i take a shot or a couple..then try to land. seems i land fine but it just takes away 5 points and makes me do it again?

I never can get the landings perfect, this will take me a while to get Diamond missions

You're landing on the target, right?

Whoops....is it the one to the left when going towards the lighthouse? Didn't say i had to land on that......should have presumed :P

3 Starred all of the missions now.

And got a nice shiny Meca Hawk diorama for it.

Free Flight mode and perfecting all the scores is going to make this game last a long time. Most of the reviews were overly harsh on the game length.

Just spent half an hour failing on the same mission...anyone got any hints on how to do it or where to start my landing from ? (second mission in the second class for the hang glider...where ya have to take a pic of the lighthouse)

Just spent half an hour failing on the same mission...anyone got any hints on how to do it or where to start my landing from ? (second mission in the second class for the hang glider...where ya have to take a pic of the lighthouse)

Turn right from the lighthouse, you should see some of those guide things. I got stuck on that mission as well :)

Turn right from the lighthouse, you should see some of those guide things. I got stuck on that mission as well :)

Thank you! :bowdown:

And sorted in two minutes :D

Liking the game a lot so far tbh! :)

Most of the reviews were overly harsh on the game length.

So true. I spent my entire play session last night Perfecting Mission 8 (1st rocket belt mission in Bronze). Pilotwings Resort has got a bad reputation for length, but I don't think it's deserved.

I never can get the landings perfect, this will take me a while to get Diamond missions

Same here. This is what's killing my scores. :D

I'm actually doing a lot better landing than I ever did with the hang-glider. Still not hitting the perfect though, but usually get it just in the red.

I just got all the stunt rings in free plane mode. Gonna take a long time if I want to get all the balloons and other collectables for the rocketbelt and hang-glider.

People who reviewed this and said it was short must not have collected all those. They don't show up on the map when flying around (unless I am missing something) so it will take a long time to find them all on my own.

All the balloons a Nd rings and such, Re there different ones for the different vehicles? If so, that's great, more incentive!!

There are 120 balloons in total, 40 for each vehicle. Then each vehicle has 60 of their own collectables. Stunt Rings for plane, Gold Rings for Glider and Mii Trophies for Rocket Pack. then you also have the landmarks to find.

Anyone know how 'Impact' is calculated when landing using the rocket belt? I can't seem to get 10 for it along with the rest of the scores and when I do I lose points on accuracy...

I get that it's finely tuned and takes practice, but this is the Novice course and I want to know what I'm doing wrong seeing as I can only get 69/70...

Oh ffs! I don't believe this lol I just scored a 'perfect' landing and then got a point taken off because I was one second over the par time. ><

Edited by S.C.G

Impact is how softly you land. The harder you land the less points you get. Best thing to do, or what I do, is use the B booster to gently ease down towards the landing, then when you are at like 1m from landing, you should be able to just drop.

I find that using L works very well for rocket belt landings, you can stop dead literally inches from the pad and then just drop the rest of the way.

I've probably played Pilotwings Resort for around 4 hours now.. and it's brilliant :yay:

I still have so many things to do in it, both in Mission Mode and Free Flight, and feel that all the complaints about the length of the game appear to be overly harsh!

The 3D works great :bouncy: I've just unlocked the first Diorama of the plane and the wings and tail of that thing stick so far out of the screen.. it's quality :grin:

Have managed to spend today getting Gold stars :) However, I'm not having trouble on all the Platinum Rocket Belt missions

I've just unlocked the first Diorama of the plane and the wings and tail of that thing stick so far out of the screen.. it's quality :grin:

Completely agree on that. With the slider on full 3D I could have sworn I could have poked the wings and tail with my finger. In fact, I did try.:grin:

So how do I obtain 'capsules' on the first proper flying mission? as they are apparently worth up to 10 points in the scoring but I can't seem to find any...