NEurope
Retro_Link

Kirby's Epic Yarn

It was out of stock earlier when I checked the deal.. but it's back in now :bouncy: It looks amazing so I just had to have it at that price :grin:

So... tempting...

Might actually get my Wii out again after all..

Thanks to the annoying nature of LoveFilm's "list 10 titles you like and we'll send them randomly", I've only just got 'round to receiving this but it was well worth the wait. I've always enjoyed Kirby games but I've never been quite as into them as the likes of Mario and Donkey Kong but this game changes that completely; I haven't played a 2D plat former this enjoyable, imaginable and fresh in... well, forever. The graphics are always impressing me, the music is charming and the game play is always kept fresh with the transformations.

I've been playing a lot of 2D platformers lately like NSMB, DKCR, Klonoa and A Shadows Tale but Kirby is by far the best one. I can't believe I didn't get this sooner!

If you missed its drop to £20 this might be of interest :)

Amazon £17.91

The Hut £17.85

No idea how long this will last but latter seems to be part of a 24 hour deal so you might need to be fast!

Edited by Shorty

As part of my recent Wii binge I picked this up. I do think it's great but Sonic Colours has grabbed me more from the off. Can't wait to get into it although the co-op appeals more than single player.

Kirby is a lot more fun in multiplayer than doing it solo, unlike DKC Returns! And good choice on Sonic Colours, I haven't enjoyed a Sonic game that much since... Sonic 3!

So I take it nobody else bought and is playing the 3DS version of the game?

I've just reached the snow world and I have loved playing through the game again. It's a cracking port!

The new additions to the game make an already easy game even easier. The hat power ups allow you to forget about collect yarn and just go on an attack spree whenever you see fit. 

If you have any of the Kirby amiino in your collection you can scan these in to get access to hats whenever you feel like it. I thought you may be limited in the amount of times you can use them but that's not the case. 

The new difficulty level (Devilsh) isn't that hard at all. You get chased in the level by an enemy but the hats allow you to attack said enemy. This makes it disappear for a while but when it does respawn you can just wait by the spawn point and attack it again. :D 

I'll be dipping back into the game later this afternoon.

• Like 1

I beat it on the Wii and I'm not really bothered about playing through it again. but I have been thinking of picking it up still. It's coming out a bit too close to Yoshi's Crafted World for my liking though.

I played the demo which had the Devilish levels, but I hate those kind of mechanics, even if it is totally non-threatening here.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

So I take it nobody else bought and is playing the 3DS version of the game?

I have it, I've been playing it a fair bit inbetween other games, in fact it's the first time I've been back to my 3DS in a while and I'm loving it. :D

I agree, it really is a fantastic port and although the devilish mode isn't the hardest, it still keeps you coming back being that you can't get hit even once.

There should be a review coming up... not too long after the weekend. :peace:

Have you tried out the new mini-games yet?

Yeah, I gave the first two stages of both of them a quick go. Nothing too fancy or interesting but it's nice to have a little something extra to play around with.

• Thanks 1

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn 

content-2-35735-kirbysextraepicyarnsidebox.jpg

Hiiiiii! :DYep, it's Kirby time!

Once again, a pleasure to review almost ten years later and on a different platform. :peace:

Really quite an amazing port, even if the "extra" part doesn't add much, arguably it doesn't need to. :smile:

(thanks again to @RedShell for the fantastic GFX) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1