N-Europe

New Forum Theme

Shorty

If you've been in the World Cup board today you may have noticed a new theme has been designed. It's called "Full Width" and will soon phase out "Stretchable". If you find any bugs with this scheme, please let me know.

Whoa - I like it! The blue design is awesome :D And the reply buttons being N-E themed are great...Very very nice!

Edit: Been using it for a few minutes and tried out a few things, so far, no issues. The WC forum looks miles better with the theme too.

Any chance of an overhaul with the new style? Feels like a completely different forum!

Edit 2: Third post in a row - one thing I have noticed is it seems a bit strange having the "Forum Home" and "New Posts" buttons in the top right corner as well as on the logo and toolbar at the top respectively. Perhaps the New Posts could be taken out of the new or old (standard vB?) toolbar? Just a little thing I noticed. : peace:

Edit 3: Just noticed the two "New Posts" options are slightly different - one links to new posts today and the other links to new posts since last visit. I always use the latter in case I'm away from the forum for a day or more.

Edit 4: Have also just noticed that the "(xx Viewing)" text appears twice for each forum with a subforum on the main page when using Full Width but not the standard theme. Hope you don't mind all my edits/posts :heh:

Edited by Dyson
Automerged Doublepost

Edit 4: Have also just noticed that the "(xx Viewing)" text appears twice for each forum with a subforum on the main page when using Full Width but not the standard theme. Hope you don't mind all my edits/posts :heh:

I have. Noticed it yesterday but didn't get round to fixing and Shorty just suddenly burst this onto the scene. Will sort it out later after work.

Whoa - I like it! The blue design is awesome :D And the reply buttons being N-E themed are great...Very very nice!

Edit: Been using it for a few minutes and tried out a few things, so far, no issues. The WC forum looks miles better with the theme too.

Any chance of an overhaul with the new style? Feels like a completely different forum!

Edit 2: Third post in a row - one thing I have noticed is it seems a bit strange having the "Forum Home" and "New Posts" buttons in the top right corner as well as on the logo and toolbar at the top respectively. Perhaps the New Posts could be taken out of the new or old (standard vB?) toolbar? Just a little thing I noticed. : peace:

Edit 3: Just noticed the two "New Posts" options are slightly different - one links to new posts today and the other links to new posts since last visit. I always use the latter in case I'm away from the forum for a day or more.

Thanks Dyson.

New Posts now points to "New" instead of just "Today's". Might consider removing the "New Posts" from the standard vB bar, for now it will just stay in both places.

I had noticed the double up of viewing figures but completely forgot about it and went and put the new design live anyway... Ashley has fixed that in the past so I'll leave it to him :P

Glad you like the design, what do you mean by an overhaul though? To the main site?

Yeah, I was mostly thinking out loud. I was wondering if it was part of bigger things to come, but I know you're only in charge of the forum and don't swing what happens to the site :heh:

Looking great though as mentioned - thanks for taking the time to implement it!

• 2 weeks later...

New theme looks fantastic. I love the progress chart in the world cup forum, just one niggling bit of feedback, in the quarter final section of the chart, Netherlands has been misspelt as Natherlands. Fairly inconsequential I know, but my job involves proof reading so I can't help noticing these things!

No it shouldn't do that. Try clearing your cache. And also the bottom of this: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

How do I clear my cache?

I didn't notice the other theme option thing on the bottom left, I changed them both to full width and it changed on the spot (Looks nice) but when I click save changes it reverts back to Mario.

Well we are on Tapatalk (which we never announced because I never got around to finishing customising it) but you can use that in the meantime if you wish: http://tapatalk.com/bb

I'll look into BB styles.

Actually I've just found something that may be of use too. Will try and get it implemented soonish and overhaul the on-the-go schemes and such.

Well we are on Tapatalk (which we never announced because I never got around to finishing customising it) but you can use that in the meantime if you wish: http://tapatalk.com/bb

I'll look into BB styles.

Actually I've just found something that may be of use too. Will try and get it implemented soonish and overhaul the on-the-go schemes and such.

thanks! :)