NEurope
Retro_Link

Mortal Kombat

anoid u beat me too it, i was gonna post it lol...

but why don't ya just import it from say amazon.co.uk? or another uk site? if you pre-order you'll prob get your games eryle.

New Trailer!

Looks awesome! :D

Great to see some other characters, like Kano and Striker (though he's a little fatter than I remember)!

Wasn't really a fan of the new ninja's when they were introduced (I haven't played a game with them in though), like Ermac and Rain.

Edited by Retro_Link

That looks sufficiently OTT. Wish i would have held off buying MvC3 now. No harm in owning both though i suppose.

My god they've even managed to slip in a QTE sequence into to his moveset.

I tried the demo over the weekend. I was surprised by how good it looked and played and the controls are much more responsive than in the past

They are running a Mortal Kombat Live action show on youtube. It uses actors from the teaser video ages ago. Expect some recognisable faces.

Quite looking forward to this, not played a pure MK game in years, although did enjoy DC vs MK a lot. I miss the early days when they digitized actors for the characters. How awesome would it be if they had collaborated with the people doing the web series and scanned all the actors in for the characters?

Quite looking forward to this, not played a pure MK game in years, although did enjoy DC vs MK a lot. I miss the early days when they digitized actors for the characters. How awesome would it be if they had collaborated with the people doing the web series and scanned all the actors in for the characters?

Erm, I couldn't imagine anything worse!

really enjoyed the demo of this, always had a so spot for mortal kombat, might pick it up, might wait for it to become cheap, might just pray for a 3DS version!

Really enjoying this, best MK in years.

Story mode is great, gets a bit cheap sometimes though double teaming against you.

Yeah really enjoying it. There is boat loads of content. Graphics are great and there are tons of stages. Best looking fighter overall. Lots of fun discovering secrets etc. Really happy i got this game.

Tip for bosses: Just use cheap moves like any fighting game. Shao Khan is easy mode with fireballs/ranged for some reason. :)

Is there an online tag mode?

Offline, there is even a 3 or 4 player tag mode. I have not tried online due to some stupid shit hackers.

I've heard nothing but charitable things about this game, so thus far my sceptical self is intrigued. If they do it right, this could be the first good MK game =p.

If they do it right, this could be the first good MK game =p.

Future tense? It came out on Thursday, y'know ;)

Also, Mortal Kombat II was the first good MK game!

Yeah MK2 was fun, but it wasn't really a good fighter in the way that SF2 was. I'll give this a shot, maybe rent it for a couple days. Can you still rent games? I haven't done it since I was like...11.

MK3 was fantastic!

I've just watched the Gametrailer Review, they gave it 9.4.

It really does look great.

Yeah MK2 was fun, but it wasn't really a good fighter in the way that SF2 was.
SF2 wasn't a good fighter though, it was a great fighter :heh: MK2 definitely qualified for 'good'.
I'll give this a shot, maybe rent it for a couple days. Can you still rent games? I haven't done it since I was like...11.
You can, at Blockbuster. If you weren't just asking for a single, modern title, Id say sign up to lovefilm for a month, if you look around you can get a 2-4 week free trial, if you're smart you can use quidco and actually make money. But you have to make a list of 10 things you want to rent and getting your #1 is pure luck, so in store might be your best bet.

Don't expect it to be £1.95 for a week like it was when you were 11 though :heh:

I've never had any fondness for Mortal Kombat and, having just watched the GT Review, I still seem to find it extremely unappealing :hmm:

I think one of my friends will be getting this at some point so I'll most likely be trying it out at some point but I just don't think it will be for me, sadly..

I've been playing this over the weekend, and I'm really enjoying it. It's not as good as the big hitters - SFIV, Blazblue or MvC3, but it's a decent fighter none the less. I am liking the combo system, experimenting with Kung Lao in practice mode. I've got a few combo's I have mapped to muscle memory, one of them takes 40% of the lifebar. I just need to see if they work online against real people.

Really enjoying it. Best single player in a fighter this generation. Have not done online but the characters are tons of fun. Cant wait to try them out. Playing VS mainly right now with mates.

For reference i would compare it to MK1-3(minus run button in 3). The story is like the last Star Trek movie and a good excuse to reboot and revisit the first 3 games. Good fun.

Challenge Tower has 300 missions. Arcade mode is standard and tag team based. Blood is red. etc.

Lots of hidden stuff such as moves, fatalities etc.

Love the art work and graphics. The game has little things like sand deformation to coloured lighting and even shadowing on the characters. Stuff other fighting games dont bother with. The fantastic art really helps. I think MK1 and 2 stages look insanely good. The earth stuff from 3 is a little dull. Second outfits are dlc worthy goign by other games.

PS3 version's extra stage and character are awesome. The stage 'degrades' as Titans climb up to the stage and you eventually see Gaia. Also the stage has 3 unique stage fatalities. Kratos's second costume is great too(the black on yellow dream like state version).

Fighting is great with the a meter to manage but it enhances moves or combos or you can fill it fully and do a super move. characters seem well designed and stylish to use. I am sure plenty will like how many characters work. Its easy to get into and special moves alone can make for great fights when it comes to beginners. 2D plane works really well.

Hard to fault the game right now. I am enjoying it a ton and its the best MK since MK2 for me.

It's not as good as the big hitters - SFIV, Blazblue or MvC3, but it's a decent fighter none the less..

Capcom fanboy.