N-Europe

Health thread

stuwii

Put all your health worries/tips in here. I have had clicking joints for quite some time, not painful, so I went to the doctor and he said it isn't a problem. But now I have a lump that can be felt outside near my anus. And I am quite worried it is prostate cancer

I have a lump that can be felt outside near my anus. And I am quite worried it is prostate cancer

It's not that.... for so many reasons it's not that. If you really are worried one would suggest getting it checked out but be prepared for a slimy, cold, glove covered hand going somewhere rather intimate.

Stuwii - tip for the future; you don't need to begin a thread with "post your tips on... in here". People will understand that from the title.

Anyway, there's google and there's NHS direct for us brits. But thanks for telling us about your ass.

Now I will sit back and let the clamour and debris make their noise.

lol oh dear, I know i post some personal stuff here, but even I don't go that far!! Could be anything from piles to a skin tag (yes they happen even there!) so go get eet checked out!

As far as health complaints go, i've got quite a few of them, but i've got a medical background in the nhs too. It's always been an interest of mine, but unfortunately my health complaints really prevent me from training up to professional level. (nobody wants to employ/train such a sickness liability)

I don't think clicking joints are a problem and I think anal lumps could have a number of causes, but then I'm not a doctor so really my opinion on this matter is worthless. Therefore my advice would be to go see a trained medical professional first and only then get a second opinion from us or possibly 4chan.

I don't think clicking joints are a problem and I think anal lumps could have a number of causes, but then I'm not a doctor so really my opinion on this matter is worthless. Therefore my advice would be to go see a trained medical professional first and only then get a second opinion from us or possibly 4chan.

4chan for pr0 advice.

clicking joints is usually air escaping and harmless in itself..

overclicking them on purpose is not good because it stretches the tendons attached to the joint (you are effectively pulling the joint out of place and all connective tissue stretches with it) which wears them down and can cause a lot of pain/disease in older life.

Due to three years of constant, intense, fever-inducing, muscular back pain (and an NHS experience that can best be described as mentally exhausting), I've decided to go private and start new physiotherapy treatment tomorrow.

Trouble is, the physiotherapy is £40 for £45 minutes but I've got to the point where I'm trying to not focus on the price and kind of accept that you cant put a price on your own health. Even if the NHS seems to think I'm not worthy of certain treatments due to costs.

I have come to the conclusion that constant pain leads to mild bouts of what I would say is depression. It beats you down constantly and reminds you with every passing moment that your body is one thing and your own mental strength is another entity itself. I for one hope we all experience good health and those that don't I believe that your mental strength or, strength of character, sees you through your bodily pain.

It has only been through pain that I have come to accept the power of my own mind and how mental strength is a huge factor in pain management.

Due to three years of constant, intense, fever-inducing, muscular back pain (and an NHS experience that can best be described as mentally exhausting), I've decided to go private and start new physiotherapy treatment tomorrow.

Trouble is, the physiotherapy is £40 for £45 minutes but I've got to the point where I'm trying to not focus on the price and kind of accept that you cant put a price on your own health. Even if the NHS seems to think I'm not worthy of certain treatments due to costs.

I have come to the conclusion that constant pain leads to mild bouts of what I would say is depression. It beats you down constantly and reminds you with every passing moment that your body is one thing and your own mental strength is another entity itself. I for one hope we all experience good health and those that don't I believe that your mental strength or, strength of character, sees you through your bodily pain.

It has only been through pain that I have come to accept the power of my own mind and how mental strength is a huge factor in pain management.

Have you considered paying for private health care policy?

*sends lots of hugs and loves your way for a speedy recovery!* :(

Oh and stuwii, if you are concerned enough to come onto a forum and ask for opinions on your own health, I suggest you go and at least chat to your GP.

Yeah raining but as I already have pre-existing conditions it is a nightmare. I will ask about it tomorrow with my new physio guy.

Oh and stuwii, if you are concerned enough to come onto a forum and ask for opinions on your own health, I suggest you go and at least chat to your GP.

Yeah raining but as I already have pre-existing conditions it is a nightmare. I will ask about it tomorrow with my new physio guy.

Yeah I'm exactly the same, and a lot of companies won't cover certain chronic conditions either! Which sorta defeats the idea of comprehensive medical cover :heh:

I have a lump that can be felt outside near my anus. And I am quite worried it is prostate cancer

lol I had something like that, was shitting myself thinking it was bowel cancer. Turned out to be a haemorrhoid though. Stick some Xyloproct up your butt and you'll be fine. Also there's a way to cut your risk of prostate cancer. Its called regular masturbation!

Edited by martinist

I don't think there are any doctors here.

Although, a quick google search will give you a list of symptoms, one is blood in urine. Is it possible that the specks are really dark red and are blood? I haven't seen anything that suggests that having black specs in your urine is a symptom of prostate cancer though.

Are stuwii and Canand the same people? I've always wondered.

I don't think so. Stuwii can spell, and has decent grammar. Or at least uses some form of spell check.