NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Checked my playtime for this on the Nintendo Channel earlier, have already clocked 41 hours! :hehe:

This is definitely going to join Mario Kart, AC, Wii Music and Brawl in the 100+ hour club. :D

100 hours for a shooter is pretty good, mostly from Online I assume.

I just checked my Nintendo Channel stats.... I have a few 100+ hour games.

Most played is Monster Hunter 3 with a whopping 500+ hours, over double the 2nd most played, Guitar Hero 3 at 250+hours :heh:

@EEVILMURRAY

You must've been living behind the moon since E3... ;)

No, I just couldn't be bothered to wade through everyone's speculation and semen. I've not been following it. I doubt I'll get it either. Haven't been much of a fan of the original to be honest.

So... the collector's edition for was briefly a lightning deal on Amazon for £29... Anyone get lucky?

So... the collector's edition for was briefly a lightning deal on Amazon for £29... Anyone get lucky?

I was watching, got down to the last 5 minutes, went to do something, came back to check and it had gone straight away. Doesn't matter too much since I asked for it for christmas so I couldn't really buy it anyway.

Anything worth buying seems to disappear within seconds in their deals so I'd be surprised if someone here had managed to snag a copy.

I was keeping a look out to see if it could tempt me but whilst another CCP would be nice, there are other games on the way I'd prefer to put that £30 towards.

Not that I would have stood a chance as by the time I'd got the page to load properly, they'd all gone anyway...

These developers didn't leave much to speculation

How long was it between it was announced to be in development and that video "clearing everything up"? [i can imagine speculation over the characters abilities, the differences in the maps etc/ from that video for starters (I've forgotten most of it)]

Like I said I haven't been following it, so that might've been released right after it was announced.

That particular Video wasn't released until comicon. Still, every coverage from E3 and after I came across made it clear, that this wasn't a mere remake. And despite some people crying on about how disappointed they are that this isn't a remake, I must say that it's probably the best thing they could have done. From what I remember of Goldeneye, I wouldn't want to play it today. The only thing that I might like are some of the multiplayer maps, but those belong to Rare.

Edited by Burny

black ops gets a patch to solve the problems with the freezing wiis with lan adapters online(on the matchmaking screen), anyone know if goldeneye is getting the same treatment? Really hope so, rebooting the wii multiple times is annoying.

Been playing through this again, and I have a question about the ending...

When Bond and Nataliya are kissing, I always miss the very last line Bond says before the credits roll. He mumbles. What does he say?

good news guys, i finally got some smart(ish) answer from activision about the matchmaking freezing problem with the lan adapter:

Hallo Marcel,

We will release some patches for goldeneye 007 to improve some points of the game, and that includes the lan adapter problem thats also found in CoD black ops. Unfortunatly we do not have a specific releasedate to share with you at this time.

With kind regards,

Niels

Activision Customer Support Team

Its not known if thats an patch for there servers, or something simular to the black ops patch.

Cool!:bowdown:

That is great news, I wonder what the patch will include. Before Black Ops, I didn't even know that Wii games could be updated, but this sounds very promising. Hopefully there will be some multiplayer fixes. (better lobby, host migration etc.)

Been playing through this again, and I have a question about the ending...

When Bond and Nataliya are kissing, I always miss the very last line Bond says before the credits roll. He mumbles. What does he say?

I think it's something like "I couldn't have done that myself" :hmm:, you're right though he does mumble that line big style. :heh:

Anyway, excellent news about the patches! icon14.gif

Hopefully there will be some multiplayer fixes. (better lobby, host migration etc.)
I doubt they'd be able to completely fix the host quitting thing, but in the event of a quit we should at least get to keep XP/Kills, as is the case with Black Ops.

I'd be very happy if they do that. :)

I doubt they'd be able to completely fix the host quitting thing, but in the event of a quit we should at least get to keep XP/Kills, as is the case with Black Ops.

I'd be very happy if they do that.

I'd say this is the more likely outcome.

Anyway, excellent news about the patches! icon14.gif

I'd be very happy if they do that. :)

Hope theyll just copy the mario kart wii technigue(or some other nintendo game, cant remember witch one it was) when you quit a game the character will be taken over by bots and it accually will cost the quitter points/XP.

Could someone from n-europe contact activision directly, i really want to know when they are planning to fix it and why it takes so long to get fixed.

Its so hard for normal people to get in touch with the developers of the game, look at black ops wii the developers LISTEN to the community and therfore the problem is already fixed for them.

Lan adapter problem is really bugging me thou, not to say that its frequent but it shouldnt even happen to begin with. Sometimes i think that the multiplayer for goldeneye wii(the most importent part of the game) didnt get much bug testing time.

I played this ever so briefly at / nando's / on Sunday night. I didn't expect much and didn't get blown away... but I've somehow developed a sort of curiosity about what this new GoldenEye could be like. I didn't even complete the first mission because, well, I'm no CoD player and this looking down the barrel of the gun lark isn't a playstyle I (currently) have in my repertoire. RedSteel was the last FPS I played and before that, the last one I properly played would have likely been GoldenEye/ Duke Nukem. So imagine sticking someone who's unfamiliar with how FPS games have changed into a remake of an FPS he used to know like the back of his hand... death, death and death.

And I spotted RedShell's kills to deaths ratio posted in the online thread. I have the urge to sort that out for him. :wink:

I played this ever so briefly at / nando's / on Sunday night.
Hold on a sec, / nando / has GoldenEye, but hasn't shared his FC in the meet up thread!? :eek:

Come on man, join in the fun! :santa:

RedSteel was the last FPS I played and before that, the last one I properly played would have likely been GoldenEye/ Duke Nukem. So imagine sticking someone who's unfamiliar with how FPS games have changed into a remake of an FPS he used to know like the back of his hand... death, death and death.
Same here, and I also struggled with this at first as a result. Once you get used to the modern FPS style though it's all good. :hehe:

And I spotted RedShell's kills to deaths ratio posted in the online thread. I have the urge to sort that out for him. :wink:
I'd love nothing more than for you to try and do that, Stevo. :grin:

So yeah, come on...

commandon0.jpg

Let's Party. :heh:

Hold on a sec, / nando / has GoldenEye, but hasn't shared his FC in the meet up thread!? :eek:

Come on man, join in the fun! :santa:

Technically, my brother has it.. but I've been hogging it since the day he brought it home (I don't think he likes it :indeed:)

I'll definitely share my Friend Code some day soon. I've been spreading my time across Banjo-Tooie, World Driver Championship, Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Goldeneye 007 and, as of Tuesday, NBA Jam.

I've never really played an FPS online before.. but I better get in on the action with you guys while it's hot :eek:

I'd love nothing more than for you to try and do that, Stevo. :grin:

From what I witnessed at the weekend, you have nothing to worry about, RedShell :heh:

Activision can certainly be pleased with the sales of this game, in just 3 weeks the game manages to climb to 300 000 copies sold worldwide*.

At this rate the game could well be a million seller by the end if this year, and that’s a really great achievement for a 3rd party Wii game, finally shows that quality titles do sell.

Yea the information is from VGchartz but its the only thing we got for actual numbers, don’t thing there far off the actual numbers. Unless someone can prove me wrong ofcourse.

(*=Sales does not include the black friday sales from the US)

I finally completed the third level - I don't have much time to play any games at the moment. I hated that level, I died SO many times! And imagine my frustration, when I finally completed the level, I hadn't done all objectives on Agent or 007 or whatever difficulty setting I am playing this on (I think it's the middle one).

Tomorrow I receive Donkey Kong so GoldenEye will be postponed indefinately; not that it's a bad game, I just want to play DKCR more.

I finally completed the third level - I don't have much time to play any games at the moment. I hated that level, I died SO many times! And imagine my frustration, when I finally completed the level, I hadn't done all objectives on Agent or 007 or whatever difficulty setting I am playing this on (I think it's the middle one).

If you keep dying, play on Operative. The enemies are considerably easier. :)

I cleared this last night and, whilst it was pretty good, it definitely didn't possess the magic of the original N64 game.. but that was to be expected :heh:

The redesign of characters such as Alec, Ourumov, Xenia and, in particular, Valentin couldn't hold a torch to the original cast and I definitely missed Pierce Brosnan as the protagonist :hmm:

The levels themselves also had much less impact on me and appear less memorable.. but that may be due to only having been through them once. I'll almost certainly go through again on a harder difficulty or maybe even in the classic difficulty :heh:

Overall, it was definitely worth playing through the campaign but, as expected, it didn't come close to Goldeneye on the N64. I'd actually love to play through the original with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk..

If you keep dying, play on Operative. The enemies are considerably easier. :)

Nah, I like the challenge even though I die a lot. Makes it more fun.