NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Yeah I thought it was a laser in the protect Natalia section, due to how it was glowing and moving slowly. Don't get it.

Just done Runway on Classic.

Is there no body armour near the start of the nightclub level... the first firefight on the dance floor seems to be taking quite a bit of your health otherwise. Even hiding well and moving really slowly they still shoot at you from miles away and between the smallest of gaps! As if that level didn't already suck enough!

Edited by Retro_Link

Just done Runway on Classic.

Is there no body armour near the start of the nightclub level... the first firefight on the dance floor seems to be taking quite a bit of your health otherwise. Even hiding well and moving really slowly they still shoot at you from miles away and between the smallest of gaps! As if that level didn't already suck enough!

If you can do that first bit when the fighting starts, that fight on the dance floor straight after is a doddle. I think there is body armour behind one of the bar counters in that room but I'm not sure which one - I might be wrong though, it's been a while.

But after the first checkpoint and you go through the double doors back into the room, hug that left wall and you can take almost everyone out quite comfortably without sustaining much, if any, damage.

Just be careful as you start to take the ones out on the left that you don't step out too much - especially for those on the balcony by the bar counter and stairs who are above you.

Yeah I actually did it ok in the end. I went behind the wall on the left and then used lean to take most out. Had to use lean ALOT in that level... and it's something I've never really used until these last two levels. Didn't even know you could do it (or had forgotten you could do it) until the other day.

The Breach bit was a bit stupid! You didn't seem to have enough time to take the 3 initial guys out, and they seemed t start shooting you too early, but as soon as breach ended I legged it to the right hand cover, where there was more body armour. After that the rest of the level was fine.

Finding the video tape had me annoyed... I thought I had to do something in the room above that you access through the vent, but it was a different vent up the stairs in the main dining hall! Wasted about 15 minutes, before I thought it must be somewhere else... which it was! :p

Yeah I actually did it ok in the end. I went behind the wall on the left and then used lean to take most out. Had to use lean ALOT in this level!

The Breach bit was a bit stupid! You didn't seem to have enough time to take the 3 initial guys out, and they seemed t start shooting you too early, but as soon as breach ended I legged it to the right hand cover, where there was more body armour. After that the rest of the level was fine.

Finding the video tape had me annoyed... I thought I had to do something in the room above that you access through the vent, but it was a different vent up the stairs in the main dining hall! Wasted about 15 minutes, before I thought it must be somewhere else... which it was! :p

It's all about the lean if you want to make it through in one piece - between that and the pointer accuracy/swiftness, I fail to see how anyone could possible choose to use the dual analog control scheme.

Yeah the breach - no way you can take them all out before they shoot at you. I swear they can fire as soon as you can. Maybe if you using your pistol it's fine but it can't be done with the SMGs.

I found the shoot out in that big room at the end (dinning hall) to be difficult as the enemies can shoot you from any distance even though you can barely make them out.

You've gone straight from the middle difficulty to Classic haven't you, so you've got the extra objectives to accomplish. I already knew what to do there but on my first time doing it, I did get a little puzzled... same for the first objective too trying to find the thing in the office.

Yeah I stumbled across the office safe on my first playthrough, I just had a feeling something migth be behind the paintings so shot them down! :p

I actually found the fight in the 'dining hall' much easier this time than I remembered; I switched between floors a couple of times to keep things shaken up a bit, and took them out pretty smoothly.

I'm looking forward to replaying Svernaya! But it's Frigate next isn't it?

Yeah I stumbled across the office safe on my first playthrough, I just had a feeling something migth be behind the paintings so shot them down! :p

I actually found the fight in the 'dining hall' much easier this time than I remembered; I switched between floors a couple of times to keep things shaken up a bit, and took them out pretty smoothly.

I'm looking forward to replaying Svernaya! But it's Frigate next isn't it?

Yeah, the frigate level is next up. That one was pretty easy actually if I recall. That first section with the big room can catch you out if you go down the left part and the enemies sneak up on you but after that, apart from one room on the Frigate, you know the one I mean (has a car in it), it was fairly straight forward.

Oh balls!... I hated that room!

Yeah, me too - took me loads of goes first time round but only 2 I think on Classic. The worst part was when you get on the lift and more guards run in. I kept missing seeing the one run up the stairs and he'd always kill me and I'd be like "who's shooting at me?".

This time it was a lot smoother going.

Frigate, Severnaya, and Bunker now completed on Classic.

Frigate not too bad at all really, completed the 'garage' area on my third go I think. The hardest part for me was escaping the boat! When I played it on difficulty 2, I just ran... and that's what I tried here... I thought the boat blew up behind you as you went, but after sprinting and constantly getting killed by the gunships rockets, I tried not running... and found that's the way to do it!

Severnaya, I think I enjoyed this level even more this time, it truely is an absolute jem of a level! No real difficulties... just have to really take your time with some of the guard groups. That sniper section at the end is always great!

Bunker, really enjoyed it again, but it's on tense level! Took it slow and found it fine... more than enough body armour.

Looking forward to archive tomorrow... though I remember a few tricky rooms... the library... the garage at the end etc... lets see how they go!

This may seem like a stupid question but does this game play well with the Gamecube controller?

Very late to the party and only now aware you can play it with the Cube controller. So was thinking of raiding the loft to get one out and play through with it.

I'd assume it's alot better than with the Wii Controllers?

Tbh I'm not sure if anyone will have played it with the GC controller to tell you.

The Wiimote-Nunchuck control scheme is fantastic and fully customisable! Shooting with the pointer and things like leaning out by tilting the nunchuck are too good to miss!

This may seem like a stupid question but does this game play well with the Gamecube controller?

Very late to the party and only now aware you can play it with the Cube controller. So was thinking of raiding the loft to get one out and play through with it.

Tbh I'm not sure if anyone will have played it with the GC controller to tell you.

The Wiimote-Nunchuck control scheme is fantastic and fully customisable! Shooting with the pointer and things like leaning out by tilting the nunchuck are too good to miss!

Retro nailed it - I can only suggest playing with a GC pad if you are incapable of holding the Wii Remote and pointing it at the screen. The accuracy and speed could never be matched by a dual analog set up and it's much easier to learn too.

Plus you have to use the Z button as a shift to change functions on the pad and it's far from ideal. A CCP would be a better option if you really must have a conventional control scheme.

But with a pad you can't lean out and it's a vital move. That, plus the pointer control seals the Wii Remote/Nunchuk as the smartest choice if you want to experience the game at it's best.

Anyone who thinks that Dual Analogue is better than Wiimote aiming is just stupid... yes Lostmario, I'm including you in that! lol

Anyone who thinks that Dual Analogue is better than Wiimote aiming is just stupid... yes Lostmario, I'm including you in that! lol

You bastard....

Playing through this now, currently in the jungle...changed difficulty at some point, but then quickly went back to 007 mode. I mean this is a Bond game, so additional objectives are a must... :)

Man that music piece is awesome, especially when you're locked down in the archives, and the general alarm goes on...you the freshly-caught foreign spy, trying to escape from a Soviet government building while the national security AND the military are there to stop you! :D The odds are simply insurmountable, can you make it out alive? Cue the epic music, grab the AK47...and bring it on, bitches! xD

Aaaaaand I'm done! Finished on 007, single player was pretty good. Much harder to stay under the radar than in the original GE / PD, took me a while to figure the best way out! The new plot / re-imagining of the whole thing was really nice, made this stand out as its own game :) Music was good, the epic hero theme sticking out the most. The icons pointing out nearby objectives were awesomely handy as well.

Tried online MP at some point, but it just couldn't hold a candle to Black Ops...

Overall: a pretty nice single player experience. Story was good and enjoyable, definitely gave out a movie feel at times. Challenge was pretty balanced with the regenerating health. Some minor issues like checkpoints locking in place, preventing you from going back to complete missed objectives, but other than that quite a solid spy adventure.

8.5/10 :)

I must say, the campaign on this is great, I loved it!

Glad you enjoyed it too Ville!

Yeah this would be in my Top 5 Wii games! The single player was fantastic!

Still got the rest of Classic difficulty to do... but Archives is such a bitch!

I've done it, and it's really good.

After having received and started Goldeneye at Christmas, I finally put the effort in and finished it yesterday. I had Jungle, Control (aka Solar), Caverns and Cradle left to do.

I found it harder than it probably should have been for two reasons:

• Trial and error. This effected me throughout pretty much every mission, especially Statue, as far as I remember. Maybe this is what FPS games are like nowadays but I felt like I was dying and retrying more than I should have been. Its probably also a result of the levels being open enough for you to be able to stealth them or blitz them. Tbh, I found myself naturally trying to Splinter Cell my way through but when it didn't work, it was difficult to make sense of everything in the ensuing fire fights. I basically ended up just watching the radar and legging it for the next check point, when I would have preferred to be more methodical and explore every room and corridor. I've nothing against trial and error in games, I just didn't feel it fitted with this one.

• Visibility. I don't think this had anything to do with my TV settings or such but I found it difficult to see the baddies during the final stages. (Perhaps before too but I can't remember). In the jungle I put it down to their camouflage doing a good job but then when I was protecting Natalya and could barely see the baddies indoors, I decided something was up. ::shrug: For the first time I relied on the radar to show their positions and let the auto-aim do the business for me once I was pointing in the right direction. It was basically impossible to see them when the control room was lighting up to explode.

I noticed afterwards that I was playing on operative. Now, its a fair assumption that my difficulties could stem from me sucking, but I've played a decent amount of online death matches over the months, so I'd like to think I've become competent enough. :indeed:

The differences to the original Goldeneye were jarring to begin with but when I let go of those memories, this version comes into its own. Heck, I almost liked Daniel Craig by the end. :heh: Does that mean this version is better than the original? I can't give an objective answer to that.

Really good game. I may go back to mess around with the higher difficulties further down the line.

I picked this up from Asda for a measly £7.50. At that price, I thought "Why the hell not?!"

When this was first revealed, I was against the idea of it. But, after hearing some of the feedback from people here, I had this in the back of my mind and was just waiting for a sweet deal.

So far...loving it. It's pretty fun, the combat seems good and it just feels good to play with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. I don't know why the limited edition came with a Gold Classic Controller Pro...surely a gold wiimote would have been more fitting. Playing this with the classic controller would do the game a massive disservice.

Controls are excellent, and I can't wait to play some more. Normally, I'm not too fussed on shooters, and usually only play about one or two per generation. But, very much enjoying this.

It's a really fantastic game, probably makes my Top 5 Wii games!

The Wiimote-Nunchuck controls are first class!

Make sure the nunchuck 'lean' controls don't pass you by, as the did until my second playthrough. You can tilt the nunchuck to very slowly and carefully lean round corners and take people out.

Enjoy!!

I've been in the mood to play this again recently so if you ever fancy some online action, count me in, @Fierce_LiNk :hehe:

When I first played through the campaign, the difficulty dropped by itself so I'd like to play through it again on the difficulty I initially selected! Be careful as this may happen to you too :heh: