N-Europe

E3 wii speculation thread 2010 edition

darkjak

Nintendo could beat Microsofts E3 conference simply by not turning up!

Microsoft's conference was very much like something Nintendo would do. We're expecting some bigger announcements than what Microsoft managed with Nintendo so they should easily beat it yes. So long as the demonstration of the Vitality Sensor doesn't turn into another Wii Music faux pas, or god forbid Wii Music 2 turns up *shudders*

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft's conference was very much like something Nintendo would do. We're expecting some bigger announcements than what Microsoft managed with Nintendo so they should easily beat it yes. So long as the demonstration of the Vitality Sensor doesn't turn into another Wii Music faux pas, or god forbid Wii Music 2 turns up *shudders*

Even if Nintendo's does have a similar flavour, at least they won't bring an army of annoying talking twats on stage.

Okay, now I'm curious. Exactly what DID the Microsoft show consist of?

It started off typically, then went downhill...

- Demo of Call of Duty: Black Ops (looked like Call of Duty...)

- Teaser of MGS Rising (looooots of slashing, looked potentially very fun)

- Demo of Gears of War 2 (looked like Gears of War...)

- Demo of Halo Reach (looked like Halo... but also with space battles!)

- Teaser of 'Codename Kingdoms' (360 exclusive by Crytek, looked like 300)

Then it was over an hour of Kinect.

Loads of talk of things which had nothing to do with games. Voice controlled menu control zomg. Something to do with the ESPN. Video chat too, as expected.

Then the range of games was Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Wii Sports...

Also watched the e3 conference of m$, basically 30 minutes was spend on games like MGS rising, fable 3, CoD black ops and gears 3.

The hour after that was the worst showing of new material ever, it felt so forced (videochat ect.), last hour was in my eyes worse that the e3 presser of Nintendo in 2008 (you know with wii music and no new games).

They also revealed a 360 slim for 299,- and will be in stores this week, and yes there were no new great 360 games announced like ff13 in '08.

The thing is, I remember how we were laughing at how god-awful Microsoft's was in 2008.

Then Nintendo seemed to steal their thunder the day after.

It's two hours, so a lot will be shown. The problem is, people prepared to hate Vitality will be ready to open fire on Nintendo even if they also end up showing a kickass 3DS, a kickass Zelda and a couple of surprises.

Though I think everyones prepared for Vitality to be Nintendo's gimmick of the year.

The difference with Microsofts, is they spend years slating the Wii for it's waggle... but all they've come along with is a carbon copy of Wii's catalogue of titles, 2 years late and in far greater casual title numbers!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask us to worship RedShell for another kickass E3 theme.

Indeed! Just look at Reggie's eyes. They just scream 'Let's finish this, FOR NINTENDO!'

About Microsoft's conference: She acted like she got licked on stage.....

How did they get an Asian underaged child to perform such a task for millions of people.....