NEurope
Daft

Killzone 3

Not having a mode like that is their loss. Horde and Firefight easily got more playtime than either games campaign for me.

Still buying it. Don't give a toss about multiplayer, really..

OMG too, too much unbelievable immenseness for one forum session. Looks like they may have coddened it a bit (it'll still be nothing like it) as evidenced through +10 and snap and lock shooting but man, it looks fucking "Yesssslolzzzz!!!"

Serious gameplay potential with all that shit possible.

"the history of these days will be written in blood"

--------

Edited by dwarf

Edit

Aside from the player being utter wank, and the demonstration overseer being an utter prick, there's some decent gameplay.

A little glimpse at the menu / weapon system and things are looking positively streamlined and updated. 2 primary weapons = yes.

However, slightly concerned about the floating assist robot, and how it will almost certainly be overpowered. Also, they haven't added time intervals between the rolling game types, so it looks like people will be camping the search and destroy points.

THE GRAPHICS ARE BETTER THAN HALO REACH TBH, HAHA AT THAT DAN DARE AND NINTENCHRIS YOU LOSE AND SUCK BALLZ!!!11

EditTHE GRAPHICS ARE BETTER THAN HALO REACH TBH, HAHA AT THAT DAN DARE AND NINTENCHRIS YOU LOSE AND SUCK BALLZ!!!11

Man, now you're just getting lazy.

As far as I am aware, there are no plans to patch Killzone 2. I'd be surprised if they bothered, tbh.

Man, now you're just getting lazy.

The intent was awful overkill rape.

Seriously though, there must be something like triple the polygon count in Killzone compared to Halo. To compare the two would be ridiculous because the gulf is that massive. I find it quite funny when Halo fans try to claim that Halo looks impressive.

Dwarf thanks for the 2 PM's and the link to this thread, if you wanted me to come in here and argue with you... you sir have failed :heh:

Seriously though, there must be something like triple the polygon count in Killzone compared to Halo. To compare the two would be ridiculous because the gulf is that massive. I find it quite funny when Halo fans try to claim that Halo looks impressive.

Reach looks pheomonal, the only games I can think of that look better are Killzone and Uncharted.

Just because Halo isn't quite as nice as Killzone doesn't mean it still doesn't look amazing.

They're both styled very differently, too. Killzone uses a lot of filters and that insane dynamic lighting that's is part of Sony's ICE Team dev tools. Halo doesn't really need that, nor does it suit it.

Gutting.

Halo does look very good in a different way. i.e. for a 360 game

Yea I knew your intent. Trolling is usually subtle though, and going for overkill is just lazy. :p

Graphics really aren't all about polygons though(textures matter too :p), what helps Halo look amazing is the use of colors+the amount of everything on screen. Colorful is generally pleasing to look at, and their engine handles quite a bit of general chaos, and (with recent games) records all of it for later viewing from any angle you please. That's amazing.

Lighting is no contest though, Deferred Rendering may have it's drawbacks but it can also handle near infinite dynamic light sources. Fantastically amazing.

A great read on Deferred Shading as used in STALKER. Just if anyone was interested in it.

MOVE controls:

His grenade explanation is pretty bollocks, because you could just hold a button to lock the cursor and then gesture a throw. If you're gonna implement motion controls, you might as well go all the way.

I completely disagree. I want Move to give me more precision and control, not less.

Reloading with a twist of the wrist works well as it doesn't affect the pointer, but needing to aim where you want a grenade to go, hold a button to lock the view and then make a throwing motion just sounds more cumbersome to me, especially if you had to judge throw strength and pitch. Having a trigger for grenades uses the same amount of buttons as the above method but also allows you to adapt your aim mid-throw, plus it gives you stricter rules to work with making it more reliable.

If your game is about throwing stuff, great, motion controls all the way. If you're making a first person shooter, the shooting should always come first.

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to roll grenades. It probably wouldn't be useful at all, but it would be cool.

Yea I knew your intent. Trolling is usually subtle though, and going for overkill is just lazy. :p

Graphics really aren't all about polygons though(textures matter too :p), what helps Halo look amazing is the use of colors+the amount of everything on screen. Colorful is generally pleasing to look at, and their engine handles quite a bit of general chaos, and (with recent games) records all of it for later viewing from any angle you please. That's amazing.

Lighting is no contest though, Deferred Rendering may have it's drawbacks but it can also handle near infinite dynamic light sources. Fantastically amazing.

A great read on Deferred Shading as used in STALKER. Just if anyone was interested in it.

That comment was also teh troll though.

I completely disagree. I want Move to give me more precision and control, not less.

Reloading with a twist of the wrist works well as it doesn't affect the pointer, but needing to aim where you want a grenade to go, hold a button to lock the view and then make a throwing motion just sounds more cumbersome to me, especially if you had to judge throw strength and pitch. Having a trigger for grenades uses the same amount of buttons as the above method but also allows you to adapt your aim mid-throw, plus it gives you stricter rules to work with making it more reliable.

If your game is about throwing stuff, great, motion controls all the way. If you're making a first person shooter, the shooting should always come first.

I agree. I watched a guy demonstrating KZ Move, and I thought there were way too many gestures. It was sick-inducing stuff. All you need for it is a pointer. The reload gesture is acceptable. What isn't acceptable is the weapon pickup gesture and the melee gesture.You could see how much he was forcing/struggling with those. You don't need them.

If they had added grenade throwing, that would've told me they lost the plot.

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to roll grenades. It probably wouldn't be useful at all, but it would be cool.

Like Skyward Sword, but more 'yes'?

I'd like to see soldiers being able to baseball throw grenades as if they really meant it. All they do at the moment is loft it in the air.

Edit

Aside from the player being utter wank, and the demonstration overseer being an utter prick, there's some decent gameplay.

A little glimpse at the menu / weapon system and things are looking positively streamlined and updated. 2 primary weapons = yes.

However, slightly concerned about the floating assist robot, and how it will almost certainly be overpowered. Also, they haven't added time intervals between the rolling game types, so it looks like people will be camping the search and destroy points.

THE GRAPHICS ARE BETTER THAN HALO REACH TBH, HAHA AT THAT DAN DARE AND NINTENCHRIS YOU LOSE AND SUCK BALLZ!!!11

Haha, nice. And yeah this looks pretty awesome. It looks like a good version of MW2.

Dwarf thanks for the 2 PM's and the link to this thread, if you wanted me to come in here and argue with you... you sir have failed :heh:

LOL!

--------------

HAHAHAHAHAH those Move controls look like complete and utter shite. Massive lol.

Think it was aimless who called this awhile ago:

In a post on the Official PlayStation Blog, Sony has outlined a simple three-step process that will get you into the Killzone 3 multiplayer beta:

Be(come) a Plus subscriber

With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!

Download the theme

On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 SCEA Plus subscribers and 5,000 SCEE Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.

Check your email

After you’ve downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won’t be able to contact you.

So, there you go. The Killzone 3 multiplayer beta is set to start on October 25th with the full game debuting February 22, 2011. So what say you? If you’re already a PSN Plus member there’s probably no reason to not try and get in on this. Is the promise of Helghast-laden multiplayer honey enough to entice you into a subscription? Let us know in the comments.

Source

Personally, I am tempted. But the miser in me says it's not worth signing up to PS+ just to get access to a beta, for a game I am surely going to buy regardless.