NEurope
Daft

Killzone 3

I am curious as this is the first serious beta PS+ gets. Lets see how this 'public' goes. The betas for KZ2 was privatish and that went really well.

I also dont understand why Resistance 3 is getting higher priority over this and MAG? KZ2 as game destroyed R2 and R1 as did MAg with the online. The trailers have been shite for KZ3 so far, especially the new trailer just released. Not only that but R3 has a much longer development time and again is getting the usual doctored screens R2 did prerelease. At the expo Sony were promoting other 3rd part games more. Sony need to get to grips with this franchise because right now they are only failing it.

Edited by Choze

Think it was aimless who called this awhile ago:

Source

Personally, I am tempted. But the miser in me says it's not worth signing up to PS+ just to get access to a beta, for a game I am surely going to buy regardless.

I am tempted too. I think I will get a 3 month subscription, but only because it isn't me paying technically. You see I bought a 20 euros psn voucher and inside the case found a 50 euros voucher :p May as well use it on psplus to get this beta and the Assassin's Creed one.

As much as I deserve to play this beta more than anyone else, I'm not paying £12, especially seeing as I may not even get a code.

I am tempted too. I think I will get a 3 month subscription, but only because it isn't me paying technically. You see I bought a 20 euros psn voucher and inside the case found a 50 euros voucher :p May as well use it on psplus to get this beta and the Assassin's Creed one.

Ok can't find the Assassin's Creed beta on psplus section of the store so scratch that idea. I thought they all get the beta...

Ok can't find the Assassin's Creed beta on psplus section of the store so scratch that idea. I thought they all get the beta...

Apparently it was marked as a September offering, so the download was removed with the Plus refresh last Tuesday.

There are still ways to get in on it, though.

Anyone got into the beta?

c2Obi.jpg

Edited by Choze

Can't wait to play this. They need to sort out the levelling system, though. Was stoopidly harsh on n00bs and anyone who didn't keep up with the initial wave.

As soon as the snipers started unlocking en masse, I stopped playing.

Can't wait to play this. They need to sort out the levelling system, though. Was stoopidly harsh on n00bs and anyone who didn't keep up with the initial wave.

As soon as the snipers started unlocking en masse, I stopped playing.

I do not understand zis first part. The only gun in multiplayer worth 'maining' was the standard M82 Assault Rifle (ISA), which everyone has access to from the beginning. I'd say this is one of the fairest games to be levelling up from the start on, seeing as unlocked abilities don't make you that much stronger/badass. Plus, there's still games that feature the 'play people of the same rank'.

Pretty much everyone who plays the game now in the public games is nooby anyway, and unlocking is enormously fast.

---

It is true that the snipers kill this game a bit though. You'll never see a sniper win a game, and they never help the team. However, getting killed by them just feels lame an cheap. Whoever thought it would be funny to make them invisible, and give them an automatic, rapidly recharging spotting system is an absolute prick.

Despite this, the majority of players don't use them really, and they only get the odd target.

The weapon that kills the game is the shotgun. Seeing as there's so many tight corridoors, and many a time objective points are placed in them, they're overly effective. The amount of users online is disgusting. They aren't hard to use, and they're massively overpowered.

In fact, you can group in the air support with the game breakers. After the patch they got both amazingly solid armor, and fucking megat0n bullets.

---

I'd like to hear about the interface/kit selection from the beta. How things work, what stuff you get etc. Thanks Aimless

---

I hope they put in a few more smaller maps (and more maps in general). Tharsis had a good rhythm to it, whereas maps like Helghan Industries sucked balls. Too complicated and large. Pyrrus was by far the worst though.

Edited by dwarf

I'll try and save a code for someone here. Currently I can only say I am in but not much more. Not sure what terms Plus members have and what will be patched when they start.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!

I invested so much time in KZ2, I dare say I feel I warrant one.

Eternal thanks and all that jazz.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!

I invested so much time in KZ2, I dare say I feel I warrant one.

Eternal thanks and all that jazz.

Ok i will try. 8pm guys. Make sure you got your PSplus ready if you want in.

In the meantime i am going to play some beta.

Mahoosive thanks if so, really didn't think I would be playing this game 'til next February! Of course you may not get one but still, can't help but be excited.

If you get the code to me quickly there's a possibility we could party up, just like old times eh? ;) Haha, lulz. NE Clan blog.

That is of course if the beta has match-making/pairing facilitation-war.org.fr.uk./com

I'll leave it to others to break the NDA — I'm sure there'll be YouTube videos, live streams and all sorts doing the rounds soon enough — but I can't imagine Sony taking issue with my saying the following: the controls are snappier although the game still has its own feel, and I generally think it's a better game than Killzone 2.

As mentioned in this multiplayer preview the unlock system is now non-linear, so you aren't locked out of playing as a sniper from the off.

the controls are snappier although the game still has its own feel, and I generally think it's a better game than Killzone 2.

I agree with controls. Disagree about the second bit. But I do need to play much more yet.

There are some balance discrepencies and other issues, but then that's why it's a Beta. Looking past those I think the underlying mechanics and systems are better, with one notable exception.

Also, here's a video someone made. I only watched a bit of it, but it seems to just be the bot mode:

There are some balance discrepencies and other issues, but then that's why it's a Beta. Looking past those I think the underlying mechanics and systems are better, with one notable exception.

Also, here's a video someone made. I only watched a bit of it, but it seems to just be the bot mode:

He go's into proper Multiplayer about 6.30 minutes in. Watching this has just put this game right on the top of my radar, it looks fantastic. But, most importantly, the controls look like they might actually be usable this time.

Where do we do where when what on Plus for the Beta?

Edit: Got it.

Where do we do where when what on Plus for the Beta?

Edit: Got it.

Pointless post of the day victory.

I hope Choze keeps his word :S.

But, most importantly, the controls look like they might actually be usable this time.

They've reduced the input lag but kept the general heft. It's most analogous to BFBC2, so if you're comfortable with the feel of that you'll get along fine.

I'll see if I can get one of the Plus codes. Assuming it isn't tied to my account in some way I'll hand it out here.