Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Zechs Merquise

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the official launch trailer, this time next week I'll be counting down the hours to midnight launch!

Also, as for media, unfortunately it is the case that only the XBOX360 version is shown before the game is released and I believe the the 360 version will the one featured on adverts post release.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

While I very much doubt there'll be any official media for the Wii version before the game is released (it'll probably pop up in emails and online a couple of days or so later), I'd very much expect to see some 'leaked' footage of this before the week is out. Review copies will probably be in hands by mid week or so, so no doubt there'll be a few videos turning up on youtube.

Massive blow out on the game on Gamespot's 'Now Playing' feature:

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?now_playing_call_of_duty_black_ops20101101&tag=topslot;thumb;5

This is just over an hour long, but well worth watching!

Thanks to Kav82 for the heads up on this one!

As Ganepark32 said, there will probably be leaks leading up to the Wii release, as soon as I find anything I'll post it :)

EDIT:

First footage I've found of the headset in use and it's packaging!

Edited by Zechs Merquise

And the headset can only be bought at Games Basement in the UK: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14483

I beat you for once (I think?) Zechs :p

I am humbled by your speedy posting of COD news :)

I can't believe you found this, I'd been e-mailing PDP in the US for info and even they couldn't tell me!!! In fact they said it wouldn't be on sale until mid December at the earliest.

The only delivery option is a free 3-5 working day delivery so if you want this asap, get ordering people!

I've placed my order already!

Yes, of course, but should I go Black or White??? The White one will match my Wii, but the limited edition is sooo cool? Such a short time to get it ordered and such a soul searching question to answer haha.

Yeah, haven't found the headset listed on any Finnish game shop thus far...probably won't be available at launch here, maybe later...

Massive blow out on the game on Gamespot's 'Now Playing' feature:

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pla...opslot;thumb;5

This is just over an hour long, but well worth watching!

Wow, the amount of detail in challenges, perks and customisation in multiplayer looks darn sweet...not to mention the gameplay itself. Seems like a lot of fun...definitely going to check the local stores come Tuesday. Return to FPS action would indeed be nice...I think the last real FPS I played was Timesplitters 3 :D

Edited by Ville

Picking it up at Gamestops midnight release and will post some gameplay vids shortly after.

Thanks, that's be really appreciated!

I do have the pics from the front and back of the Wii box, not the best but I thought I'd post 'em anyway. If better ones gte uploaded today I'll add them too.

img0062a.jpg

img0060ab.jpg

Lots of rumours now popping up that this is getting delayed in multiple places throughout Europe. Seems that both Spain and France may not get it until the 26th and a few other countries seem to have the game listed for a later date than the 9th.

Obviously, they're only rumours for the moment. Would seem strange though that there were delays in some PAL countries and not in others.

Where do those pics come from Zechs.... almost 60euro..WTF that is way more than I was expecting... hopefully it's not as much here.

Also if this does get delayed I'll likely pick up Goldeneye instead and leave this till sometime next year.... so it better not get delayed :mad:

As for the RUMOURS of a delay, considering most places are gearing up for a midnigh launch Monday night/Tuesday Morning, which is now less than 48 hours away, I'm sure we would have heard something concrete.

Nowhere in the US or UK is talking about a delay, and the only places that have mentioned it have nothing to back it up. What's more I have heard that the actual final Wii game boxes are out on shelves already in some stores.

I read on one forum Game has the fnal boxes out on the shelves, my Tesco has next week's chart up already and Black Ops is number 3 behind Goldeneye and Goldeneye Special Edition! Also none of the online retailers have amended their dates, check Play.com and Gameplay.com!

Yeh, I know UK stores definitely have the game in store as I've saw it all getting delivered a couple of days ago at a couple. The delay is mainly rumoured for some places on the continent but it's just that, a rumour, at the moment. If any version of the game was likely to get delayed, though, it would be the Wii version given how little is known about it.

At most, some of these places may see a delay of a couple of days at most. It's unlikely a problem with stock supplies as Activision always ensure that they have plenty of discs printed for CoD to meet demand so if it is delayed, I'm not seeing a reason for it. ::shrug: I'm picking up the 360 version anyway but I am expected a review copy of the Wii version at some point next week, probably towards the end as it doesn't come straight to me.

What is the official reason for the lack of media for the Wii version anyway? Do Sony/Microsoft have some sort of deal with Activision or something?

You will have noticed that all videos, events and previews were all restricted to the 360 version. That is because Microsoft have a deal that oly 360 footage can be shown before launch. I'm not sure if they have others deals going too, I know with MW2 they had timed exclusivity on the DLC maps.

Do not worry, trust in Treyarch, they brought both WAW and MWR to us and they were great. Plus the improvement between WAW and MWR was pretty big. So if we see anything like the same again this will be absolutely stunning!

I'll be going to the midnight launch for this, so if anyone wants to know anything, feel free to ask in advance and I'll post impressions about 1.30am Tuesday morning and answer any questions.

I ordered my headset too and it didn't come this morning. Hoping it will arrive in tomorrow's post.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!