NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's a little cringe-worthy hearing them describe it as "the No.1 action series of all time" knowing full well all the people actually responsible for that are all gone.

It's a little cringe-worthy hearing them describe it as "the No.1 action series of all time" knowing full well all the people actually responsible for that are all gone.

Too true, I hold very little faith in this tbh.

I don't think it's too soon for another one... I'm sure people can afford their 40 quid for another "top tier" game.

It's not as if these games are boundary pushing or anything...

Anyway, get ready for 2 a year.

As for the actual game... meh.

I remember hearing MW2 being described as the most realistic shooter ever....on a commercial.

£40 for a game where everyone sits in a corner and snipes. Nah.

I am still waiting for COD: Zombie Break Out.

Who knew that COD5 best thing about that game was the Zombie section of the game. They should now make a whole game on it.

Then Activision might get my money.

I do wish people would stop beating on Treyarch as if it's the cool thing to do. CoD:WaW was by no means a bad game. 3 was patchy but they really upped their game with WaW. I'm confident they'll step it up for Black Ops too.

When looked at in terms of development time, 3 was pretty well made. They basically had less than a year to put 3 together and they did good work with the time they had.

They've also made a stellar showing of porting the titles to the Wii in a reasonable fashion.

Besides, now that IW has lost plenty of talent (possibly the main talent) it's reasonable to presume that Treyarch could become the better CoD studio.

Indeed it is, kill streaks look insane, Camera? Check. Remote control explosive car? check. Crossbows!!!

Godamnit! I was all content with just having mw2. Only got it for the fabled multiplayer which of course has kept me from touching the singleplayer even once. Now I feel the need to get this game. Screw you guys for making me burn more cash. Guess this time ill get it on the ps3.

Made me jizz a little :D saving videos is awesome and one of only a few things that annoy me about MW2 -- the other main one being that I can't check out other people's titles/badges/stats, not even my friends, which I think is a bit backwards.

Looking forward to the reveal!

Looks excellent!

The new additions look good shown in the vid, hopefully there is lots more to come!!

Another CoD purchase for me i think.

Reading comments from youtube and eurogamer makes me want to cry, 'OMG THIS IS SHITZ, ITS THE SAME AS MW2' what were they expecting? a radical overhaul, millions of people play MW2 everyday, there hardly gonna change the whole style for the sake of a few fan boys who want it to be like halo, do they no know they can play a game like halo, it's called halo!

Editing suite looks very good.

That looks like Call of Cod multiplayer with an increased amount of kill thingies, counter-things and perky stuff.

Business as usual.

It looks... ok. Funnily enough the graphics look worse, the interface less polished and while those weapons look super fun to use, they also look immensely annoying for the person on the receiving end. Which I expect to be, most of the time.

I wasn't interested in this at all, not so much because I consider Treyarch the "B-Team" (a little bit of that), mainly because I just don't like the setting of these games. I also don't own any of the WWII CoDs. But I must admit, the trailer looks like fun. And the setting isn't much of a concern for the MP. I probably won't get this, not right away at least, but I might consider it when it gets cheaper.

Won't be buying this- I hated MW2 multiplayer after a while and realised I was just playing it to play something and to make the xp bar go up. Halo for me!

It'll get cheaper about 18 months after release, lol.

I'm really not in a hurry.

Plenty of other games during 18 months, including games I've already bought.

The only thing this needs to do to have a better multiplayer than MW2 is to support party chat in most/all multiplayer modes.