Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

I don't know why they keep putting h.264 and open standards in the same sentence.

3GS down to $99. Don't expect a favourable exchange rate on this one.

At least they are offering upgrades for touch devices free this time. If that's how I should read it.

Edited by Ten10

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why Foxconn needed to do those raises. Some people will be doing a lot of overtime.

I expect this to do better than the ipad in terms of sales numbers vs. time. A lot of people are due a refresh.

"Gyro joins 4 other sensors, accelerometer, compass, proximity and ambient light sensors."

I've got those already.... hmm...... but gotta keep up with the pack I guess.

You have a phone with a gyro? Which?

So: who's buying one?

I may be tempted even though, as I post this from the iPad with my iPhone sat next to me, I feel like I've lined Apples pockets enough of late. The video recording is a huge deal for me though. To vid songs/outings etc in crispy 720p is a bit of a big deal.

I destroyed my iphone on holiday; I'm waiting til the end of June to tell my insurers as I think they do a like for like replacement :) Hopefully with one of these!! If not then I'll just get one anyway! My contract is up in September!

So: who's buying one?

I think I might be. I said to myself I wanted a camera with HD video recording, if nothing else as a symbol that they're finally offering a camera with a competitive quality to finish the iPhone package.

Am I reading this right btw: iOS4 free for current 3G/3GS owners?

My contract ran out a couple months ago and my phone is being temperamental. I'll be upgrading to this on Vodafone, hopefully.

I'll probably give my iPod Touch to my mum. Or keep it for WiFi in the home.

Won't be getting one unless its unAppley priced.

The HD video thing is nice but not something I can ever see myself using. Not much of a video person. Other than that nice shiny screen and gyro which again, I will seldom use.

However the free upgrade for iPod Touch is nice. Hopefully the books feature will be better to use than the free similar ones on the app store already.

You have a phone with a gyro? Which?

Perhaps not gyro, it's a 3 axis accelerometer I think. Which still isn't as good as sixaxis I suppose. And they did demo it better than the sony's rubber duck demo from E3's past.

My comment was in reference to the 4 sensor its joining, which I now realise is a defunct comment anyway as they are things they already had. Mis-interpretation on my part.

Anyway

What are the top 3 features for everyone, keeping it to three so you'll have to think about it.

1. Retina display screen at 326ppi
  2. Battery life
  3. improved antenna design

Will definitely be buying one on day one. I'm in desperate need of an upgrade and the camera stuff alone makes is great for me. It's good enough that I can get rid of both my digital camera and my flip. Hoping the pricing isn't too bad for us here.

You can get rid of your digital camera in place of a 5MP? Damn, what kind of outdated camera do you have? :p

Also FaceTime; nice idea but will people really use it that much? (actual question, not rhetoric!)

My phone will be on bay this time tomorrow :)

Anyone want a perfect 32gb 3GS? Haha

lol thinking of doing the same :laughing: mine's less than perfect though- some tiny cracks on the back near the hold switch and usb port that you can probably only see because I have the white model... then i'll buy a payg iPhone 4 and snip up my current SIM....

I want one. Mainly to annoy ReZ

It thrashes the N900 in every department. Man, that screen is higher resolution than the height of my monitors at work....

Shit I just remembered my iPhone lens has a black mark on it, that's going to ruin my sales. I'll be lucky to get £250 for this phone I think....

Edited by Shorty

It thrashes the N900 in every department. Man, that screen is higher resolution than the height of my monitors at work....

I tried to use his N900 and I basically couldn't, but I put that down to me not being geeky enough, after all it's a ''computer'' not a phone.

Ah, well I think I will just take the scissors to my current one. I could get a new 24 month contract but I'm fed up paying £30 a month for a pathetic number of texts/minutes :/

Gotta love how O2 take their own particular stance on the 'Apple Tax'.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!