Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, right. My friend said that was the one downside.

Is it hard to do? Can anything go wrong etc?

The iPhone 4 can't currently be jailbroken. I think all the other models can though.

It's really easy to do, download the software and follow the instructions. It just involves holding buttons down for a certain amount of time (it's got countdowns etc).

As all its doing is modifying software you can just restore it to its original state if anything untoward happens.

Ah, cool.

Is it possible to make a new folder/album for photos on the phone?

Not as standard no (probably can by jailbreaking not sure though). Clearly one of the most stupidly overlooked features...

The only way to do it is on the computer, then syncing - which is shit.

How just amazingly weird.

Does everyone charge their phone every night? Is that going to bugger the battery up? My old phone I charged every other night. Although I guess I didn't listen to music on it.

Edit: Is there a way to sync Facebook profile photos to contacts?!?

Edited by Daft

Not as standard no (probably can by jailbreaking not sure though). Clearly one of the most stupidly overlooked features...

The only way to do it is on the computer, then syncing - which is shit.

I think I said ages ago about how ridiculous that was.

It still utterly amazes me that your Mail to do list on your Mac doesn't sync to the phone. I mean what?! I even remember at a keynote they opened notes and they had 'to do' with a list of things, and I just thought why the hell haven't you just made it part of the app for god sake?

How just amazingly weird.

Does everyone charge their phone every night? Is that going to bugger the battery up? My old phone I charged every other night. Although I guess I didn't listen to music on it.

Edit: Is there a way to sync Facebook profile photos to contacts?!?

I charge mine every night, and had no problems for the last 2 and a half years. It will stop charging once it gets to 100% so won't do anything to the battery.

I think there is a way to sync Facebook photos to contacts using the Facebook app, not sure how though but I did do it once upon a time. It's not an automatic thing though.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/information/free-iphone-4-case-for-death-grip-sufferers/

We were all really excited about the launch of iPhone 4, but like most people that queued up to get their hands on one we were extremely disappointed to find that there is a problem with signal reception when you hold the phone in a certain way. Apple have acknowledged that there is something wrong are being a little slow to get a fix in place. Their advice is to hold the phone in a different way or use an iPhone 4 Case.

At Mobile Fun we want everyone to be able to use their iPhone 4 without any worries over signal, so we’re doing what Apple won’t do and giving you a free case for your iPhone 4 to help resolve the signal loss issues.

Seems like a decent offer, £2.50 inc. P&P for an iPhone 4 case.

I've got to be honest (that case is minging, btw) I have no problem with the signal... I managed to drop 2/3 bars when I held my fingers all the way round but otherwise, no problem at all.

I guess there must be issues because there's no smoke without fire but I wouldn't have noticed had it not been for the frenzy.

Same here, I can force a bar to drop... maybe... I can't be sure it isn't just fluctuating like phone signals sporadically do because sometimes it goes back up again.

If I hadn't read about the phone signal thing, I never would've noticed it.

Lol I think it's just people who hold the phone in a way that covers that black line on the left. But it also has to be in an area that isn't in perfect signal. So if you were standing where I am, your signal would probably drop about as much.

Apple are holding a press conference tomorrow at 10am...West side time...

Also iOS 4.10 is with Devs.

Odds are high for a recall. To not recall would be embarassing, to recall would be embarassing. Lets hope that Jobs doesn't give more tuition on how to hold a phone.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!