NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

Charlie, on every launch I've been to people start coming around 6. I think this will be worse too, just to let you know!

Charlie, on every launch I've been to people start coming around 6. I think this will be worse too, just to let you know!

Son of a bitch. No chance I'm going to make it up there for 6! I'm hoping that going to a smaller O2 shop will pay off.... Maybe I should just go to the big one in hope that they'll have more iPhones but a larger crowd too...

Mines a smaller one as well. I can't go any earlier than 8. I can't be stood around for more than an hour waiting for the shop to open. I don't think I'm enough of a nutter.

My contract with O2 expires today (great timing), and I am moving to Orange as I get a terrible signal in my house. My gf's 3GS with Orange is fine.

It would be easier to stick with O2 as I'd probably get a phone tomorrow and I would do if not for the signal, but am just gonna get up early and head to the Orange shop and see if I can bag a phone. If not, it's no big deal, I'll just wait another month or so

I've always bought them online or over the phone, never in a shop - what stuff do I need to bring, just a utility bill or what??

Son of a bitch. No chance I'm going to make it up there for 6! I'm hoping that going to a smaller O2 shop will pay off.... Maybe I should just go to the big one in hope that they'll have more iPhones but a larger crowd too...

I had considered going to Regent Street, but I missed the reservation window and can imagine it'll be carnage there.

My small local O2 store opens at 10am, and I've been told they have 30 32GB models in stock, so I'm hoping arriving at 7.30am, I should be ok?

Went into the shop this afternoon, the girl behind the desk said she'd just booked the stock in and that they had 30 32GBs. Seems about right to me.

I just want to get my phone and be done with it. I'll be so pissed off if I get up at 7 on a day off and I don't manage to get one.

My O2 is even in a shopping centre which apparently opens at 9am, the same as the store so I'm not sure what will happen about queuing.

My O2 is even in a shopping centre which apparently opens at 9am, the same as the store so I'm not sure what will happen about queuing.

Queue up outside the shopping centre? How fast and strong are you? :heh:

I've decided on my plan.

O2 Store up the road for 7:30am. If that's too busy then I'll head to Tesco which is apparently selling them from 9am. Then if that fails I'll head to the shopping centre which opens at 10am.

So is mine! Right I'm going to bed to try and catch 4 hours. Night all.

I start work at 8, the o2 shop in Bristol opens at 8:02, I very much doubt they'll have nay left by lunch time :(

Ditto to the words of good luck. I expect full reports tomorrow night :D

One quick question... if I buy an iPhone from an O2 store and it turns out to be faulty (there have been reports!), can I exchange it for a new one at an Apple store genius bar? Or do I have to have bought it at the apple store? I'm pretty sure it's the former but just wanted to double check.

What?

That is insane.

It's a fucking phone.

You guys are mental.

I can't think of any sort of consumer device I'd wanna buy at midnight/get up at 3 in the morning for.

But good luck nevertheless!

3am :o I hope you get one now! This is the limit for me. I don't even get up this early for work :p

Sod it, I was going to go into town first thing this morning, but I've just ordered mine from Orange's website and paid £6 to make sure I get it before 12 tomorrow.

My sleep is more important!

At the shop! 10 people in front of me. Not too bad. Pretty hopeful of getting one now. Just 1 hour to wait!

I don't understand, why not just wait a few days and walk in on a sunny afternoon and buy one? Does it matter that you have it today not in 3 days?

In other news, white iPhone due mid-July, held back due to unexpected difficulty with mass manufacturing.

Twitter.com/matthewcaris for a report of my adventure so far!

I love penis

about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Riveting...

Edited by Shorty