NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

With the GM version your phone doesn't need to be registered as a developer so you can get it from anywhere.

Apart from difference in the size of the memory is there any other difference between the 16Gb and the 32Gb model?

I think I'm just going to get the 16Gb model. Since I use Spotify I don't really use iTunes (because it sucks ass).

Never understood the need for 32GB myself! I will stick with 16, and I think I will wait for the white one.

Never understood the need for 32GB myself! I will stick with 16, and I think I will wait for the white one.

The 16GB would be too small for my iTunes library, the 32GB wouldn't. Simple really.

I understand the logistics, I don't understand why anyone would need that much music.

I understand the logistics, I don't understand why anyone would need that much music.

I like having the majority of my music with me because there's always a time I'll want to listen to a certain song and then not have it with me. You obviously don't need that much, but it's nice to have the option to have.

This is why Spotify wins. Edit the playlist on the computer or the iPod and then sync over wi-fi. I do this on my 16Gb iPod Touch and I have enough room for over 10 seasons of South Park.

Trying to update my iTunes now and after 40 minutes it's only downloaded 6MB. Think I'll try from the website - I'm willing to bet that downloading iOS4 is just as sluggish though?

Mine updated in less than 10. The longest it took was about 6 minutes to install it.

Downloaded and installed the OS no problem, it's taking a while to restore my music and videos but that's all.

Mine downloaded quick enough but is taking an absolute age to update now. It's saying backing up iPhone.

Oooh, shiny. Installed. Jailbreaking now :D

How? I'm scouring the Internet (Google) and can't seem to find much apart from things that say its difficult and shouldn't be attempted by anyone but expert users etc.

PM with details please. :)

I heard it was 12?

Anyone got a 3G S and just installed iOS4? I have a quick thing to ask about it.

I also managed to download pretty quickly, but it's been backing up my phone for about two hours now! Progress bar has been stuck around the 90% mark for the past twenty minutes at least, too.. :(

I heard it was 12?

Anyone got a 3G S and just installed iOS4? I have a quick thing to ask about it.

<--- I have. Ask away.

PS, if anyone here has an N-E bookmark saved to their Home Screen, I just made them something that should make their home screen look a lil' prettier :)

Ok cool, I take it you never had the GM firmware and have just updated to 4.0 today via iTunes? If that's correct, can you go to Settings, General, About, scroll down to version and it should have a build number next to it. Can you just tell me what it is please?

just about to upgrade girlfriends phone to iOS4. If we are doing this from my PC's iTunes will she lose her data on her iPhone?

Hmm.. I seem to have a problem updating mine. I'm now at the stage where the installation progress bar is coming up on my phone, but the bar goes up to about 5-10%, then switches off and restarts from the beginning. It's been doing that for about 40 minutes now - any ideas? :wtf:

EDIT: It finally decided to work in the end! Here's my new-look homescreen, complete with Mario Galaxy 2 wallpaper!

f91be591.jpg

Edited by Mike