Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Gears of War 3

Shorty

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind my copy being at home now, but i am in the same boat as Mike with ordering from GAME. Stupid courier service indeed.

Not getting the console, can't afford it at the moment. Make do won't i indeed.

Still, got Mass Effect 2 to plod along with.

Be careful how you hit the landmark :heh: It's easy to screw it up with unexpected achievements lol. I remember when I was aiming for 40k, I was playing Bioshock 2. I decided to go on the multiplayer because there was an achievement for something like your first kill and another for your first win. But I wound up somehow grabbing 3 totally unexpected achievements and jumping the gun, 40010 was nowhere near as cool!

I'm back home with my sexy new console! Bit miffed it doesn't come with aHDMI cable as i am sure my elite did years ago! Will use my PS3 one for now and will have to buy another.

I traded in my bundle copy straight away while in store for £35 and got Dead Space 2 (360) and Little Big Planet 2 (PS3) with that. They also give me some microsoft points for free (not sure how many till i enter code) and Crysis 2 (download copy) which i wasn't expecting!

Currently transfering all my data and setting up new console, love the controllers and the D-Pad!

Now just to wait for my epic edition...

I'm back home with my sexy new console! Bit miffed it doesn't come with aHDMI cable as i am sure my elite did years ago! Will use my PS3 one for now and will have to buy another.

I traded in my bundle copy straight away while in store for £35 and got Dead Space 2 (360) and Little Big Planet 2 (PS3) with that. They also give me some microsoft points for free (not sure how many till i enter code) and Crysis 2 (download copy) which i wasn't expecting!

Currently transfering all my data and setting up new console, love the controllers and the D-Pad!

Now just to wait for my epic edition...

Yeah, it did make me think why the Slims don't come with HDMI cables. Bit pointless them consoles not having one, but still. Had a spare one, which works well.

The Microsoft points were something of a bonus i believe, everything else was part of the deal. Which makes for one sweet deal if you don't mind me saying.

Just wishing the Epic edition would speed up in getting here, bit annoying when 1/2 my friends list consists of people playing Gears 3. Even my mates, who ordered the Limited Edition from GAME is playing it.

I had a nightmare at the midnight launch at GAME. First all the tills crashed just after midnight so we had to wait another 20 minutes, then the guy overcharged me by a mile. I kept telling him that it wasn't right but he put it though anyway. After I got served I called another guy over to check it out for me and yeah I had been massively overcharged. At this point it was about 1am. The guy working it out did it wrong and refunded me £170 which was way too much but I just took it and got the hell out of there. :D

I had a nightmare at the midnight launch at GAME. First all the tills crashed just after midnight so we had to wait another 20 minutes, then the guy overcharged me by a mile. I kept telling him that it wasn't right but he put it though anyway. After I got served I called another guy over to check it out for me and yeah I had been massively overcharged. At this point it was about 1am. The guy working it out did it wrong and refunded me £170 which was way too much but I just took it and got the hell out of there. :D

Haha, nice!

Staff in there this morning said the tills crashed at midnight so it must have been a countrywide thing.

Another thing, the time is wrong on my 360 but it wont let me change it because it is signed into xbox live... erm help?

Mine was the same. Just switch between daylight savings or another timezone in the time menu under system settings. That should sort it.

I just changed to Berlin and the time jumped to 11:07 (it was showing 09:07 for london)... changed back to London and it has corrected itself to 10:07. Weird!

Well, works out good in the end.

I was getting two copies anyway so I nipped to Tesco at midnight. £45 for the game with 2100MSP. Not a bad deal.

Was up playing till half four this morning and started again at about 8. Love Beast mode, though not sure it'll hold my interest for long. Got to Act 2 in the campaign on Hardcore, and played a few multiplayer rounds. Not tried Horde yet.

Hero, how in the world have you finished campaign already!?!? You must have been at it solidly!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!