NEurope
danny

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

Briefly - very briefly - Ladbrokes Online had the odds for the Conservatives winning Hitchen & Harpenden - my home constituency, which I know is Tory to the core - as 500/1 instead of the intended 1/500. Sadly, they fixed it before I could create an account. I honestly would have stuck £500 of my overdraft into that, and, given the nature of the seat, been not that annoyed if the Tories didn't win it.

It amuses me how The Daily Mail is meant to be a newspaper and yet its writing style is like Wesley's. Just one sentence paragraphs.

Fucking morons.

Oh BTW are spoiled ballots reported? Just curious how many people will, but don't know if it will ever be mentioned.

Edited by Ashley

My area has the following options:

- A Lib Dem MP who is keen on the area, is well liked and sent out hand-written letters to everyone explaining how he will help people in the area. He's talked a lot about policies and everything.

- A foreign Conservative MP who lives in London. He sent a printed leaflet to everyone which simply said "Don't vote for Brown".

- A Labour MP who has given up all hope of getting voted for.

Briefly - very briefly - Ladbrokes Online had the odds for the Conservatives winning Hitchen & Harpenden - my home constituency, which I know is Tory to the core - as 500/1 instead of the intended 1/500. Sadly, they fixed it before I could create an account. I honestly would have stuck £500 of my overdraft into that, and, given the nature of the seat, been not that annoyed if the Tories didn't win it.

Unfortunately they don't have to honour bets like that because I had the same sort of thing a while back.

Just one day left to go. I saw Alex Salmond yesterday on the campaign-trail, he was getting off the Edinburgh - Glasgow train (which I was on, a few carriages down) in Linlithgow, loads of SNP banners and press around. I was actually asleep and woke up as we pulled into the station and saw him walking past my window.

Jimmy Carr also being on the programme puts me off it massively.

Just focus on the Brooker, although his new hairstyle is weird.

I too am stuck who to vote for. Although I was thinking of keeping Labour in, give Brown a chance [since he's been left with what Blair left him, which is mighty unfair] Or this chance shit the Tories go on about, which word on the street is that it doesn't really do much good for us lower working class gringos [true?]

Monsheet, I'm torn.

So basically, don't vote Cameron because he's not conservative/homophobic/anti-European enough?

Seriously, that guy is an asshole.

Just focus on the Brooker, although his new hairstyle is weird.

I too am stuck who to vote for. Although I was thinking of keeping Labour in, give Brown a chance [since he's been left with what Blair left him, which is mighty unfair] Or this chance shit the Tories go on about, which word on the street is that it doesn't really do much good for us lower working class gringos [true?]

Monsheet, I'm torn.

If you're in a Lab/Con swing seat, my advice is to vote Labour and hope for a hung parliament.

It amuses me how The Daily Mail is meant to be a newspaper and yet its writing style is like Wesley's. Just one sentence paragraphs.

Fucking morons.

:angry:

I still haven't decided who to vote for.

Not that it would make a difference, I live in a Labour safe-seat.

Not that it would make a difference, I live in a Labour safe-seat.

Vote Lib Dem! Every vote they get will give them a better argument for electoral reform if they get the chance!

Vote Lib Dem! Every vote they get will give them a better argument for electoral reform if they get the chance!

Yeah I'm swinging that way anyway I guess...

If I was to vote just on policy I think I'd be voting Green.

Despite the economy, health, education and law being extremely important; political reform is something I care about more.

And yeah... the Green Party go the furtherest (although not far enough for my liking) in that respect.

Haha, I think he was calling them morons, not really you so much. I like your style (of writing), Kid.

Hmm, I'm a bit torn, too. The Labour MP for my area is actually pretty good, well respected and she seems to give a damn. I'm quite fond of her.

The Lib Dem MP is a bit...meh. Seems to only care about getting voted in. I'm not sure if he is the type of person to go that extra mile for people, whereas that Labour MP will and has. She's a very people person, and he isn't so much.

Ideally, it would be great if the Labour MP switched to the Lib Dems. Problem solved pour moi. :heh:

It's going to be close. The Lib Dems are making a huge push here. Very little in it. Also, tomorrow is when I won't be home, and may not get home til very late. Not sure what time the stations close. Hmm.

Haha, I think he was calling them morons, not really you so much. I like your style (of writing), Kid..

Yeah this. You're posting on a forum, not trying to pass yourself off as a newspaper.

So.. Tory's eh? Looking mighty likely they're getting the majority.

On what do you base this exactly?

Apparently a third of voters (me included) are still undecided, things could go anyway at the moment. I imagine the only thing one can say with certainty is that Labour will not get a majority, but even then I really don't want to make any predictions.

I'm still undecided. If it was voting based purely on my local MP then it would be Labour but i'm not entirely sure. Might just write my name at the bottom of the ballot paper and do a little dance.

Gordon Brown has claimed that the "novelty" of the UK's first televised prime ministerial debates has "clouded" the general election campaign.

The three debates attracted millions of viewers on ITV, Sky News and the BBC when they were aired last month, heralding a new dimension to political campaigning in Britain.

Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg gained a surprise upsurge in popularity from the debates, while Conservative leader David Cameron also fared well.

However, Brown failed to shine in any of the three discussions and often came last in the reaction polls.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a218362/brown-tv-debates-clouded-election.html

The long-held theory is that Labour voters are more likely to be deterred by bad weather. Political commentator Anthony Howard says this is borne out by opinion polls which show Tory voters are more certain to go out and vote. So sunshine means a higher turnout and more Labour votes.

When people cast their minds back to the Labour landslide of 1997, they remember a warm spring day. Turnout was high that day, at 71%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8659913.stm

I think they're looking for things to blame for the probable loss already

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/camberwell-peckham

In Camberwell & Peckham, one person does not really have one vote, they have the equivalent of 0.009 votes.

The average UK voter has 25x more voting power than voters in Camberwell & Peckham.

I'm giving my all 0.009 of my vote to the Lib Dems. I was torn between spoiling it or voting LD. Decided on LD because they might actually bring in some electoral reform.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a218362/brown-tv-debates-clouded-election.html

I think they're looking for things to blame for the probable loss already

To be fair I think Brown's right about the debates. The whole campaign has been based on what's happened in the 3 debates and one public gaffe by Brown (which turns out hasn't really affected polls at all).

Far too much importance has been placed upon them. What should've happened was that they were far more spread out and further away from when the Election is.

On what do you base this exactly?

Apparently a third of voters (me included) are still undecided, things could go anyway at the moment. I imagine the only thing one can say with certainty is that Labour will not get a majority, but even then I really don't want to make any predictions.

Just a general opinion on how they look likely to gain a majority on the non-bias polls (If I was a gullible sun reader, I'd be dead confident they'd win, gotta love their 60% conservatives on their 'poll) and bookies odds.

So, what do you base this Labour will not get the majority opinion on? A third of votes are still undecided, that could surely make the Labour scenario still go anyway.

Random doodle with a weird Clegg.

I know I kind of asked this already but the results aren't due until the wee hours of Friday are they? 5am or so? I want to stay up, but if they're announced around that time I'll be waking up anyway (urgh). Ta people.

Random doodle with a weird Clegg.

I know I kind of asked this already but the results aren't due until the wee hours of Friday are they? 5am or so? I want to stay up, but if they're announced around that time I'll be waking up anyway (urgh). Ta people.

Yeah 5am, although it's quite often known earlier than that that. However I'd imagine in this election it will go right down to the wire.

Just a general opinion on how they look likely to gain a majority on the non-bias polls (If I was a gullible sun reader, I'd be dead confident they'd win, gotta love their 60% conservatives on their 'poll) and bookies odds.

So, what do you base this Labour will not get the majority opinion on? A third of votes are still undecided, that could surely make the Labour scenario still go anyway.

Bookies still have a hung parliament as the most likely outcome. That's a decent gauge.

Cheers. I'll "wake up to a new world" as Cameron keeps saying. Or maybe the same world. Will have to wait and see I suppose.

Has anybody seen the frontpage of the sun tomorrow, fucking hell:

sun_6may.JPG

If Cameron's the British Obama then I must be a ferret. *scuttles off to slink around things*