david.dakota

The Android Thread

Ever wanted a screen with an absolute overkill resolution:

htc-j-butterfly-1-1350451958.jpg

HTC J Butterfly.

5" 1080p screen.

Edited by Cube

1080p on a screen that small is purely for The Minpins

Not sure if anyone else knows who the Minpins were....

Anyone thinking of getting the Nexus 7 should wait.

There will be a 32GB version out soon. For £199.99

Advice, people of N-E. Which do you prefer the look of?

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-white-blue.jpeg

Or perhaps the wildcard?

Samsung-Galaxy-SIII-Garnet-Red.jpg

I like them all....

Damn two year contracts. Come on January 2014 :(

Got a 12 month plan at present, the option to renew for a further 12 on the same contract is an option. Lucky me!!!

Go for red Paul, because I said so and I'm your boss.

Then give me the phone.

They announced an awesome looking brown one. But it doesn't seem to be coming for the UK. Go with the blue.

you need to view them in person, when i saw the blue in a shop i didn't like it, it had a lavender tint to the metal side frame and it put me off

I have white and love it, but the Red and Brown look very nice in the pictures (when is black coming over here?)

Advice, people of N-E. Which do you prefer the look of?

I always think white phones look horrible. The blue looks nice, but the red is the most interesting. Depends if you want conservative or not.

They announced an awesome looking brown one. But it doesn't seem to be coming for the UK.

Look at what was announced a couple of hours ago for the UK:

galaxys3_amberbrown_610x463.png

Although it sounds like you have to get it through Phones 4 U.

Awwwwww fuck yeah!! Phones4U suck massive balls though!!

Gonna wait to see when the new nexus phones come out google announced an event on the 29th October,

I was hoping the Galaxy III mini would be the same specs as it's bigger brother with just a smaller screen, I think samsung dropped the ball there.

Edited by James

I was exactly hoping the same regarding the S3 mini. Had thought the S3 was too big, but when I compared it with my Desire the difference wasn't as big as I'd originally thought.

I'm not a big fan of the brown one, but with a name like Sexual Chocolate of course you'd like it :p

Up until yesterday I thought I preferred the white one. But now the blue is appealing to me, and the red looks lovely, I just don't know if I want to commit to having a red phone for 2 years!

Decisions decisions.....

I think you should get it. We need to send a message that colourful versions will sell, so that we don't just keep getting black (and gasp, special edition white!) versions of phones. It's so boring.

490 squid for the brown one sim free. No thanks.

I'll get the LG nexus I think. Providing they increase the storage.

Blue or red look the best.

Google are doing another event on the 29th, might be worth waiting and see what gets announced then.

Went for blue!!

Decided that whatever is announced on the 29th will probably be out of my budget for a while, I'm not too bothered about having a nexus phone, especially when the leaked specs of the LG are quite underwhelming, and if I want the plain experience I can just root.

Got a good deal, £21.67 a month for 200 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb data on Orange, plus an extra £70 cashback on Quidco. Looking forward to it coming on Tuesday!

Went for blue!!

Decided that whatever is announced on the 29th will probably be out of my budget for a while, I'm not too bothered about having a nexus phone, especially when the leaked specs of the LG are quite underwhelming, and if I want the plain experience I can just root.

Got a good deal, £21.67 a month for 200 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb data on Orange, plus an extra £70 cashback on Quidco. Looking forward to it coming on Tuesday!

Oooooo did you have to pay for the phone as well? how long was the contract that's a pretty good fucking deal.

The only problem with that contract (for me) is the data limit. I've just checked my usage. Since the 25th September, I've used 10.61GB. Although 7.82GB of that was tethering.

Oooooo did you have to pay for the phone as well? how long was the contract that's a pretty good fucking deal.

Nope, the phone was free! 24 month contract, you have to pay a fortune to get anything shorter these days unfortunately.

The only problem with that contract (for me) is the data limit. I've just checked my usage. Since the 25th September, I've used 10.61GB. Although 7.82GB of that was tethering.

Wow, that's a lot of data. I don't use too much, just a bit when out and about. Mainly use my home wi-fi, and then I have a BT Openzone login I can use in most public places.

I have 500mb of internets, and that is fine for me unless i spend the weekend away or something and use up a lot of maps etc. The rest of the time i'm mainly on wifi. Do you use your phone as your main internet source at home then @Cube, i.e for tethering?

A lot of that was actually work - the internet was down for a couple of days so my phone was used to network the 7 computers.

I only use WiFi at home, and I use Spotify a lot so that can use a good chunk of data each month. I can probably cope with a lower contract, but I'm comfortable not having to think about it.