NEurope
Dante

Portal 2

I may be remembering things wrong here, but is the reticule a little different this time?

In the first game, I was sure it faded out when you were aiming at a surface where you couldn't plant a portal. This time it does it when you have no portal placed of that colour.

Not sure I like it like this as sometimes a surface looks placeable, but it's not and vice versa

Just booted up the PC version and I'm quite surprised at how smoothly it runs and how good it looks with it. And the 360 controller works perfectly with it (which helps - I found it very juddery using it in the first Portal on PC).

Actually, it runs a lot better than L4D2, and with higher settings.

That's... actually really awesome. I definitely would've gotten the PC version if they'd said that was possible. Assuming each person can have a different resolution.

That's... actually really awesome. I definitely would've gotten the PC version if they'd said that was possible. Assuming each person can have a different resolution.

I presume it's not an advertised feature as they can't create a simplified way to do it.

I doubt you can have two resolutions. It'll be ATi Eyefinity/Nvidia 3D Vision Surround with two monitors of equal resolution acting like one large one. If it's two 1920x1080 monitors you get a 3840x1080 resolution. Set the splitscreen to vertical and each player will get 1920x1080, which should put them both on separate screens. If you want to use different resolution monitors you'd need to set them both to the same resolution. AFAIK running one application across two separate screens isn't possible, they have to act as one for it to work.

Yeah I hadnt read into it and figured you might be able to launch two instances of the game. That's still ok though, I could output through my TV and monitor at 1600x1200 I think. Used to have twin monitor setup but no more.

Loving this game, but now wishing I'd got the PS3 version with free PC version :/

I may be remembering things wrong here, but is the reticule a little different this time?

In the first game, I was sure it faded out when you were aiming at a surface where you couldn't plant a portal. This time it does it when you have no portal placed of that colour.

Not sure I like it like this as sometimes a surface looks placeable, but it's not and vice versa

*Cough

10char

Actually just checked and yep that was the behaviour in the old game.

I've not really struggled to identify proper platforms though in Portal 2. And that would make it easier to find the high up platforms, you could just move around and watch for the crosshair to flicker.

Edited by Shorty

Just completed the game. Not sure if I prefer it over the first Portal but thats probably because playing the first game was such an awesome, unique experience.

Looking forward to playing through the co-op this weekend and the single player again with the commentary on.

Yeah, it's not like you have limited ammo. I shoot portals at everything.

I've not really struggled to identify proper platforms though in Portal 2. And that would make it easier to find the high up platforms, you could just move around and watch for the crosshair to flicker.

After finishing the game, the decision seems to make a lot of sense.

Just completed it. Under 7 hours as well, I thought I was taking way too much time, especially on one bit.

pr0 game.

Merchant was a fuckload better than I thought it'd be, but with my surname at his side he couldn't do wrong.

Are the overgrown portions in the co-op only? Because I keep seeing screens/videos with vines and shit all over the place, but didn't really encounter any, except when GLaDOS said she saw a deer*

*How does one pronounce her name? Glad-os, Glay-dos?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Gla-dos, I thought.

Got portal 1 now.

Good man! Enjoy.

Game is simply brilliant, and wouldn't be surprised if it got goatee. The only other contender would be Uncharted 2.......or Arkham City........or Mass Effect 3........or...

Game is simply brilliant, and wouldn't be surprised if it got goatee. The only other contender would be Uncharted 2.......or Arkham City........or Mass Effect 3........or...

I know Uncharted 2 is stunning but I don't think it can warp space time.

Wouldn't put anything past Uncharted 3, though.

Are the overgrown portions in the co-op only? Because I keep seeing screens/videos with vines and shit all over the place, but didn't really encounter any, except when GLaDOS said she saw a deer*

Did you skip the first chapter of the game?

I've completed it again with the audio commentary. Still a lot of fun. Then went through a few chapters just looking. Found a hidden room in a ceiling and another room with some

Singing turrets

I also played though three sets of co-op levels (with PSN down, thank God that the PC version came free) and they're brilliant. Although there does seem to be a lot of cases where someone does have a harder job.

Also, once you've done the game once go back to

That part where he kills you, when he's saying "come back" go back to him and just listen. It's brilliant.

Also:

GLaDOS: This is the part where he kills you

Wheatley: This is the part where I kill you

CHAPTER 9: THE PART WHERE HE KILLS YOU

Achievement: The Part Where He Kills You

Was also brilliant.

Actually, most of the dialogue was brilliant.

I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS!

Edited by Cube

The best bit about the game for me was the dialogue; so funny.

When Wheatley wants to kill you and asks for you to come back. the amount of stuff he says to get you to just jump to your doom, and then if you actually do it.

The same with the metal spikes where he's asking you to just kill yourself now, again, if you do it.

It's awesome!

Will eventually have the game this afternoon. This is due to HMV now using HDN couriers instead of Royal Mail. So to clarify - fuck you HMV I will never buy online from you again.