N-Europe

Your favourite levels/sections so far

Fierce_LiNk

Final Destination

Smash Bros. Brawl

Epic everything... This is a vid of me Vs Shino at last years Brawl tourny.

Lol, man we played so defensively, for some reason I was really nervous during that fight. Luckily your early mistake allowed me to show the world my victory dance.

Have had great moments in so many of my Wii games, but if I go through them all I'll be here forever. :heh: So I'll just add a game that otherwise might not make it into this thread...

Wii Music.

Yep, the title that so many love to hate, but for those that it clicks with, there are some absolutely amazing experiences to be had. I've clocked well over 80 hours on it and have loved every second. If you put the effort in then it's one of the most rewarding games out there. So much fun to play but also the feeling of satisfaction you get from a creating your own music videos is incredible. And unlike the simon says nature of conventional music games, you truly feel like a musician while playing Wii Music. :wink:

:love:

Bonus favourite moment:

Mario Kart Wii.

This was and still is hilarious:

:laughing:

On a sidenote: Grazza, you no like Punchout? I am sad.

It's hard to explain. I like the general idea, and the graphics and tone are brilliant, but I don't find it easy enough to improve. The learning curve is too steep, I suppose. Not only do you have to memorise your opponents' moves, you have to do exactly the correct move to counter-punch. It all feels a bit too specific with not enough room for improvisation.

At the moment, I'm stuck at the cheating Irishman (I hate him! It would feel good to pummel him, now you mention it!)

It's hard to explain. I like the general idea, and the graphics and tone are brilliant, but I don't find it easy enough to improve. The learning curve is too steep, I suppose. Not only do you have to memorise your opponents' moves, you have to do exactly the correct move to counter-punch. It all feels a bit too specific with not enough room for improvisation.

At the moment, I'm stuck at the cheating Irishman (I hate him! It would feel good to pummel him, now you mention it!)

I know what you mean. Punchout has always been a bit of a "trick" because although you think its a boxing game, it really is more of a puzzle game disguised as a boxing game. Its all about memorising patterns, much more than actual boxing.

I can't help but smile everytime I play it. Its got such a charm about it.

I know what you mean. Punchout has always been a bit of a "trick" because although you think its a boxing game, it really is more of a puzzle game disguised as a boxing game. Its all about memorising patterns, much more than actual boxing.

I can't help but smile everytime I play it. Its got such a charm about it.

Even so, you inspired me to play it last night and beat the Irishman and the Russian! Thank you, Fierce Link!

Wii Music.

Yep, the title that so many love to hate, but for those that it clicks with, there are some absolutely amazing experiences to be had. I've clocked well over 80 hours on it and have loved every second. If you put the effort in then it's one of the most rewarding games out there. So much fun to play but also the feeling of satisfaction you get from a creating your own music videos is incredible. And unlike the simon says nature of conventional music games, you truly feel like a musician while playing Wii Music. :wink:

:love:

Having recently (December) discovered Wii Music I'm still uncovering its depth. I don't like music games (EBA on DS being an exception) but when I finally had a chance to play this one... it clicked. First off I started timidly trying to follow the note patterns but thats not where the fun is- what you have to do is play blind and just "feel the music." :cool: The downside is the song selection but when you have so much freedom to record each video as you please, the possibilities are endless. Plus, the game is hilarious. Mii's are genius.

After playing Silent Hill, one section springs immediately to mind.

The scene where your car crashes and you are trapped underwater. Such a tense and frantic scene. And the writing on the windows: "So Cold...Don't Fight It." Ahhh! Brilliant. I couldn't get out of the car!

After playing Silent Hill, one section springs immediately to mind.

The scene where your car crashes and you are trapped underwater. Such a tense and frantic scene. And the writing on the windows: "So Cold...Don't Fight It." Ahhh! Brilliant. I couldn't get out of the car!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

The Art Room puzzle in the school where you have to manipulate the shadows to reveal a phone number. Genius. My favourite puzzle in a video game in years.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

The Art Room puzzle in the school where you have to manipulate the shadows to reveal a phone number. Genius. My favourite puzzle in a video game in years.

I don't think I could get into the Art Room! I tried one door, but couldn't get in. Is that in the School, where you have the Observatory on the same level? Where you look at the stars on the ceiling? Are certain sections of the game unavailable to you unless you do certain things?

I don't think I could get into the Art Room! I tried one door, but couldn't get in. Is that in the School, where you have the Observatory on the same level? Where you look at the stars on the ceiling? Are certain sections of the game unavailable to you unless you do certain things?

Must really be that Psych Profiling at work ;)

(I never got access to the Planetarium :( )

Edited by D_prOdigy

This convo is going a little off topic, but to clarify things for Flink and D, there are some sections where you have two choices, once you open the door to one choice the other will remain locked. If you couldn't get into the Art Room you probably already opened the door to the Planaterium or vice versa