Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

yeeeeeeeessss! (X-Men 3 Trailer)

Dan_Dare

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Men 3 is directed by Brett Ratner (Rush Hour 1&2) and being written by Zak Penn (Elektra, Fantastic Four and the story of Xmen 2) and Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, xXx: State of the Union).

Bryan Singer took the screenplay writers of Xmen 1&2 with him for Superman Returns.

What are the odds of this film being as good as the previous 2 X-Men films?

it relies on the studio more than anything. if thry wanted the writers to stick to singers re-imagining of the story, then they will have. you suggest the script will be like XxX or the direction like rush hour, but its not really up to them. they get paid to do a very specific job.

edit. x3_03.jpg

thoughts?

Please don't tell me that's what Beast looks like, I was expecting an all CGI Beast with the Frasier guy doing the voice. This is what I had in mind

beast.jpg

or this

f44e503c.jpg

I want something like what they did with the Hulk, only to beast. :sad:

Trailers apparantly at 7pm Eastern time = midnight GMT.

They should have got Joss Whedon to do this, he's doing a cracking job on "Astonishing X-Men", apparantly the only thing that stopped him taking the X-Men3 gig was that they were insistant it hit cinemas next May, whereas WonderWoman has no deadline.

Might interest people to know that Sideshow Bob returns to The Simpsons next Sunday (US).

Please don't tell me that's what Beast looks like, I was expecting an all CGI Beast with the Frasier guy doing the voice. This is what I had in mind

beast.jpg

or this

f44e503c.jpg

I want something like what they did with the Hulk, only to beast. :sad:

I really hope it isnt the Feline Beast. Just looks to weird but not in a good way. He does look similar to Wovlerine but there is a major difference: Hes blue. And bigger aswell.

A studio cannot magically make a writer or director create a piece of work that is of a higher standard than what they have produced in the past. If they could do that then they would be no flops.

I always use a persons past resume as a measuring stick on what to expect for their current project. By no means is that a way of guarenteeing on what the final output will be like, but it is a reliable way to see whether film is going to be good or not.

The most important thing for a film is a good screenplay, and the script details posted on aintitcool.com doesnt bode well for this movie. It comes across like a rehash of the second film with some new characters (kind of like Terminator 3 was a rehash of Terminator 2) . It does have some promissing things in it: The Jean Grey as a girl flashback, the angel subplot and the danger room makes an appearance. Things such as Wolverine having a fling with Storm just sound tacked on.

If anyone is interested in reading it you can find it here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20443

Though the studio could have inforced some major last minute rewrites on this script, it should be close to how it will appear on the big screen.

PS. Gambit did make a small cameo in this script, but it isnt clear whether its a non speaking cameo or something more.

this looks pretty awesome.... interesting points i noticed.

that forest scene with magneto and crew. is the woman in red the scarlet witch or jean with long hair?

the men in black leaping around like mentalists: the acolytes?

the first shot of the x men in the sub-basement. Im pretty sure that's colossus on the far left there. nice costume- kinda reminicent of his classic red and yellows.

the jugganaut has a new costume. looks like some sort of gladiator get up. looks like he has his trademark helmet under his arm though.

ok, magneto (or maybe pheonix?) destroys the golden gate in san fran. that looks well cool.

magneto is seen levatating wolvie. any bets we could see the legendary adamantium ripping from the avalon story?