NEurope
darksnowman

Nintendo Media Summit 2010

From IGN's blog:

10:36: Hey -- one final, very promising note: Nintendo of America staff just tracked me down and told me not to worry -- that orchestrated music is being implemented into the final version of Galaxy 2. Very good news indeed!

i agree. i'm liking this whole *silence silence silence silence silence silence BOOM HERE'S THE GAME COMING OUT SOON* kinda deal

i predict thats what will happen with Zelda wii. didn't nintendo already say they were well into it's development?

It's better than the borderline farcical nature of Twilight Princess' release. Maybe they've learned from that? I do like it at the moment.

I feel we won't be getting Zelda this year. I mean, that would surely be too soon? We've not even seen a trailer yet, whereas at least we had something for Mario Galaxy Deux and Other M. I reckon we'll get a trailer soon, probably at E3, and then a release in a year's time.

Where is news on Nintendo DS2 and Pokemon Gen 5 and Zelda Wii Nintendo come on you need to announced the DS2 before sony announce the PSP2.

This will, without a doubt, be one hell of an experience once again!

I wonder what the 'story' will be like this time 'round.

Koopas are plotting to kidnap a member of the Mushroom Kingdom's royal family. 120 Star Sprites have been scattered across the cosmos. And Bowser, Bowser Jr., Kamek and various other baddies are probably involved in both.

http://www.metroid.com/

Lovely music for Metroid Other M. Different but nice.

New Galaxy shots look epic too. here

Info on Metroid control...

* Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran's past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.

Edited by tapedeck

Where is news on Nintendo DS2 and Pokemon Gen 5 and Zelda Wii Nintendo come on you need to announced the DS2 before sony announce the PSP2.

You don't get how these things work. This was just covering the next few months. E3 will likely have major stuff (Although don't hold your breath for Pokémon Gen V)

They need stuff for E3 you know. America and Australia just found out the release date for the DSi XL, Nintendo aren't gonna announce a new DS the same day.

They need stuff for E3 you know. America and Australia just found out the release date for the DSi XL, Nintendo aren't gonna announce a new DS the same day.

so what are they going to announce tommorw the DSi XL been delayed and Nintendo needs to get the DS2 out before soney and what is so specal about E3 anyway why do we have big news there I loved it when E3 was in May I cant wait tell June and Serebii when would we now more about Pokemon Gen 5?

so what are they going to announce tommorw the DSi XL been delayed

No. They'll just reconfirm the release date.

No. They'll just reconfirm the release date.

Would they announced the Nintendo DS2 at GDC in March?

I very much doubt it

We're likely to get new info about the Gen V Pokémon next month, but don't expect anything on the games until like June

I thought Nintendo needs to bring out the Nintendo DS2 before the PSP2 and why has the Pokemon Company got them allredey?

They don't want to completely destroy the XL sales by announcing the DS2 too soon.

They don't want to completely destroy the XL sales by announcing the DS2 too soon.

I am not geting the DSi XL becuse I allredy got DSi and does new Pokemon Gen go on a new handheld?

I thought Nintendo needs to bring out the Nintendo DS2 before the PSP2 and why has the Pokemon Company got them allredey?

Nintendo doesn't need to do anything, there's no guarantee that a potential PSP2 would make any sort of worryingly huge impact on DS/DSi sales anyway. Sony are going to have to pull one hell of a rabbit out of the hat to take down Nintendo.

And the Pokémon Company might not even have them - that's a rumour.

So what was all the hype from N-Gamer about? For me this event was a disappointment.

Lol I hear you. Believe me, I could be indeed very wrong, but I could've sworn they said that they saving the suprises for the Europe event... could be wrong though :bowdown:

Nintendo doesn't need to do anything, there's no guarantee that a potential PSP2 would make any sort of worryingly huge impact on DS/DSi sales anyway. Sony are going to have to pull one hell of a rabbit out of the hat to take down Nintendo.

And the Pokémon Company might not even have them - that's a rumour.

Nintendo's DS2 Is Almost Ready, but Won't Be Unveiled at GDC

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nintendo-s-DS2-Is-Almost-Ready-But-Won-t-Be-Unveiled-at-GDC-135225.shtml

So the site that first made the rumour in the first place are now back tracking and adding more to it.

If you were referring to "Blades Will Bleed", did you really think I'd let you know about that? :heh:

Erm...yeah.....why say it?! I gave you my heart and you tore it in two....

I knew of Metroid: Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (the hint I gave was actually in NGamer - no one seemed to pick up on the fact that their "Next Month" page also promised a preview of Metroid), but I did tell you guys not to expect miracles.

Didn't EVERYONE know these games were going to be shown?

This is far from disappointing.

It's all good news obviously, and exciting times with the releases so soon. But it's a disappintment because Ngamer can't shut their effing mouths and you made out as if you knew some secrets...but there weren't any. Just more footage of a couple of games we expected to be there. The only surprise is that they're coming out soon.

For Nintendo to have such an awesome first half of 2010 means they must be bringing out some big, big motherfucking guns for Christmas to beat off Natal and the Wand.

I hope so. If Nintendo learn from their mistakes then yeah. But they don't seem to view the xmas period as important any more...

Are you telling me that Mario Galaxy 2 in almost two months isn't worth getting excited about?!

No it certainly is; but people led us to believe there was going to be more. Must. Stop. Listening.

* Metroidâ„¢: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran's past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remoteâ„¢ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.

Ooooo, yuk. Please

support the nunchuk

so what are they going to announce tommorw the DSi XL been delayed and Nintendo needs to get the DS2 out before soney and what is so specal about E3 anyway why do we have big news there I loved it when E3 was in May I cant wait tell June and Serebii when would we now more about Pokemon Gen 5?

Honestly, you're looking at E3 2011 for any new new hardware.

So what was all the hype from N-Gamer about? For me this event was a disappointment.

Are you on drugs? Your disappointed in the Holy Trinity of Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M and the expectation of Zelda this year. NGamer probably got wind of the word 'hardware' and spurted assumptions all over their pants.

Sony are going to have to pull one hell of a rabbit out of the hat to take down Nintendo.

Surely you mean pull Giant Enemy Crabs out of their hat?

:laughing:

For me this event was a disappointment.

Seriously? This is absolutely brilliant for me. I swear you guys act like you expected an E3 performance here. Release dates, screenshots, hands-on and trailers for games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid: Other M and Sin and Punishment 2 is awesome, awesome news. Not to mention hands on with And Yet it Moves, Free online for Monster Hunter Tri and a release date for Cave Story (March 22!).

This is awesome, awesome news.

Also N-Gamer can eat rocks for all I care.

Edited by LostOverThere
Because N-Gamer suck.

So uh..that was pretty crap. I refuse to buy a Wii purely for Fragile next month, was hoping something would get announced to persuade me, Other M may be it, but thats as far as it goes..