NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Actually what I want is specific Pokermanz that you get from breeding specific Pokemon,

Whilst is it a bit Dragon Warrior, I think this is the way to go.

It should solve the problem of having names you can't remember and designs that don't live up to the old ones.

They don't have to go crazy and add another 100~150 cross breeds - 50 would do it I reckon.

Personally, I'd like to see the gym system have a bit of an overhaul. I'd prefer all gyms leaders to be at high levels to reflect the point that they are leaders in their respective Pokémon type, not just an obstacle to game progression.

And for heavens sake sort out the HM situation so I don't have to drag a creature round with me all the time that I don't want.

And for heavens sake sort out the HM situation so I don't have to drag a creature round with me all the time that I don't want.

Fucking this. I was never really bothered until HG/SS, off to the final battle, you're gonna need all your team.. Have to use either Rock Climb or Waterfall. I don't use those, I got rid of them to build my team for this very moment, what the fuck.

I hope Pokermanz go forever and ever and ever.

Or until we get an evolved Scizor.

Plus we're epicly overdue for evolved Pinsir and Heracross.

Actually what I want is specific Pokermanz that you get from breeding specific Pokemon, e.g. a Pinsir, Heracross hybrid that you get from breeding a Pinsir and Heracross.

I don't see that bit happening

BUT

I do see something happening

172-ne.png

See this gangster wannabe? I have a theory that it is a teaser for genetic differences in Generation V. As we know, the Pokémon get their species from their mother and their attacks from their father. What if, they also get some minor physical attributes too.

It's just a theory though.

Fucking this. I was never really bothered until HG/SS, off to the final battle, you're gonna need all your team.. Have to use either Rock Climb or Waterfall. I don't use those, I got rid of them to build my team for this very moment, what the fuck.

I think it should be just based on the level of a creature.

If a water Pokémon is of a certain level, say 25, it can use surf. When it gets higher, call it 35, it can use waterfall. Same goes for flying Pokémon.

It could also be based off the stats of the beasts for example: If a land based creature has a strength stat which is over a certain point, it should be able to use strength.

All electric and fire monsters should be able to use flash without question right off the bat and so forth...

What if, they also get some minor physical attributes too.

It's just a theory though.

Dragon Quest Monsters has a great breeding system where the baby will gain stat boosts of its parents, I'd much rather have that system in Pokemon instead of the IV system (EVs are OK IMO).

HM's should just be abilities, not attacks (or some can be both like Surf and whatnot, but they can be removed normally, and the ability kept). Done.

I also would love if it was overhauled as a game a bit, and maybe reflected the Manga and TV show more, in that the gyms weren't just "bosses" to move on. You had to beat them to do the Elite Four, yeah, but I'd rather they were better than you in most cases, meaning you could just do a tonne of other side-quests or whatever until you're strong enough. That probably wouldn't work very well in practice though.

I'd at least want Gym Leaders to have a bunch of Pokemon for them to choose from, rather than just use 2 or 3 of the exact same.

Dragon Quest Monsters has a great breeding system where the baby will gain stat boosts of its parents, I'd much rather have that system in Pokemon instead of the IV system (EVs are OK IMO).

It essentially has that...We just know it in depth

Yeah Scizor is definately in the OU tier already, especially with attacks like U-Turn, Bullet Punch and it's ability Technician...it's a badass and is pretty common to see in a team.

Evolved form of Pinser could happen, but I wouldn't expect to see a stronger version of Heracross seeing as it's powerful enough already.

It essentially has that...We just know it in depth

DQ:M stats aren't hidden it adds a number to your monsters name to show how much stronger they are (like Slime +99), breeding also boosts all stats, not just stats the RNG decided to give you 30/31/decent IVs in. They similar in a way, but DQ:Ms is simpler which is what I would prefer.

I know they keep adding stuff to the games to make passing IVs easier but it still takes too long and requires a lot of luck/manipulating the RNG.

Yeah Scizor is definately in the OU tier already, especially with attacks like U-Turn, Bullet Punch and it's ability Technician...it's a badass and is pretty common to see in a team.

Funny how Scizor never got used until Platinum gave him Bullet Punch.

I'd like to see any HM system like this.

HMs are automatically learned by all "Able" Pokemon when you beat the gym that would normally let you use the HM outside of battle. Like in the previous games, you can also find the HM disks to teach the moves to pokemon, but they don't need to be learned as moves if you don't want them to be. You should be able to forget these moves at any time. I'd rather see it being based on badges than pokemon levels, as if you don't have a pokemon of a certain type on your team, it could get annoying to train one up just to get passed one spot.

As for an overhaul with generation 5, what I don't want to see is the same story and events as the previous games. I'd rather not be ten year old, who gets a pokemon from a local scientist of one of 3 types. Has a rival or a few that occasionally find and battle you, but always get the pokemon out of the 3 that can beat yours more easily. Have 8 gyms that I have to travel the world to challenge the leaders of in a linear path, so I can eventually challenge the elite 4 and a champion to beat the game. Have occasional run ins with a criminal organization, and eventually get caught up in their affairs and take them down, possibly by stopping them from obtaining a legendary pokemon, by catching it myself. Have to find someone to trade with other versions of the game to obtain tons of the pokemon, especially when you have to trade your pokemon to evolve it.

What I'd like to see:

Less linearity. I want to be able to explore more open environments. Rather than being forced down a path and then not being able to get to the next one until I take a specific action takes away from the adventure element of the game at this point in time. I'd much rather be limited in my exploration due to my pokemon not being strong enough to fight off the wild pokemon in the area, than having to stop and fight a gym so I can cut down a tree in a gap in a fence that anyone should be able to jump over.

Look again at the story I discussed in the previous paragraph. Think about all the different trainers you meet on your journey through the world. You meet rangers, hikers, school children, swimmers, police officers, scientists, ect. All of these different "classes" seem to have different stories, they're not all trying to use Pokemon to earn gym badges and challenge a pokemon league. Remember the Gamecube RPGs for a moment. Sure, they weren't great games (mainly because you were limited to the towns, and there weren't really wild pokemon, not to mention half the battles resulted in you having to catch a relatively difficult to catch pokemon if you wanted to 100% the game.) but they were still worth a play through. Why? because they were so different from the other games in the series, but still kept the core mechanics. Look at the 3rd Generation games now for a second. The reason I personally enjoyed them the most was because of how open to exploration they were. You were still forced down a linear path, yes, but once you beat the game, there was still a lot of the world that you probably hadn't explored yet.

There were real mysteries that you had to solve in order to obtain some of the legendary pokemon. To get the reggies, you had to first find the dive spot in the heavy current, then you had to translate the brail on the wall of the cave. Then you had to find out what the riddle ("Six dots open three doors") actually meant. Then you needed to find and acquire relicanth, and the wailord and figure out which positions to put them in in your party, and then even when you returned to the cave to open the doors, you needed to figure out where the reggie caves actually were so you could go catch them. It took my friends and myself a summer (nobody used guides back then where I lived) to complete that entire series of events. In Diamond and Pearl, there were no secrets like that. All you needed to do was find the caves that the legendaries lived in, and go capture them.

Even the areas that you could explore were more limited in the 4th generation. There weren't really any huge open areas like the Sea, or the dessert in ruby and sapphire. The only comparable area was the snow area, which was fairly empty if I remember correctly. Now imagine if the entire game world, as I was leading into before, was exploreable at your own pace. and much bigger. What if you weren't guided towards anything. What if you had to go through the game based on information you got from NPCs about where other towns were. What if to find legendaries, rather than some random new route or cave opening up when you completed a certain action, you actually had to go out and find for yourself where they were. It would also be great if rather than making you wait for a wifi event, or go out to an IRL event to get certain pokemon, or like I said before, trade with friends to get the pokemon from other versions, all the 400+ pokemon that there are now (plus the new ones) were included in one game from the start, and all you had to do was find out where they were in the world and go capture them.

Game Freak needs to look at what other RPG developers are doing to see how something like this could work. Look at Fallout 3 (at least some of you must have played it). As soon as you exit the vault, the world is open. You can go anywhere, and do anything. Not only that, but the world is massive. The only catch is, that the enemies get harder when you get further away from the entrance to the vault. You can't go to the city right away, its filled with super mutants, and mercenaries, and raiders, and enclave soldiers, and all sorts of other difficult enemies. You can't go far in any of the other directions right away for fear of running right into a raider or super mutant camp, or coming across a deathclaw. You still follow a linear story, visiting certain places in the world in an order, but at the same time, you can go on a huge number of side quests, and really explore the world at your own pace. This is the direction that I think needs to be taken with Pokemon to keep it fresh.

My opinion of each of the different generations:

1) It started everything. The core mechanics were all set, and the concept was revolutionary at the time.

2) A worthy sequel to the first generation. Many things were added, but at the same time, not much of the old stuff improved.

3) As someone else said, it was the game that modernized the series. The graphics were WAY better. The new Pokemon were much better than the ones in the 2nd generation. The level design was much better. The world felt much more natural, and as I mentioned before, better for exploration. There were lots of secrets to explore you cold spend hours just looking for new islands, or dive holes. There were large caves which entry was completely optional, but rewarded the player with rare pokemon if they could reach its most inner area.

4) The generation that was really a step back. The graphics improved again, but not as much. The world was more enclosed, like the first two generations. There were no big secrets. It was obvious where the legendary pokemon were. The new pokemon design was nowhere near as good as the 3rd generation.

Edit

TL;DR:

-A thought about how HMs should work.

-The basic story that every one of the 2D RPGs have followed is getting old, and could easily be changed.

-The game should be more open. A bit more like the Bethesda RPGs, but still 2D, and not quite as open.

-Examples of how the story could be changed.

-The 4th generation went a little bit backwards as far as exploration and mysteries were concerned (Remember the reggies sidequest) and the massive sea area.

-More talk about bethesda RPGs with a specific example.

-My opinion on what each of the Pokemon generations has done for the series.

Edited by Emasher

I'm pretty sure that's an interesting read Emasher, it'd be great if you had a summary for lazy people such as myself.

I'd like to see any HM system like this.

HMs are automatically learned by all "Able" Pokemon when you beat the gym that would normally let you use the HM outside of battle. Like in the previous games, you can also find the HM disks to teach the moves to pokemon, but they don't need to be learned as moves if you don't want them to be. You should be able to forget these moves at any time. I'd rather see it being based on badges than pokemon levels, as if you don't have a pokemon of a certain type on your team, it could get annoying to train one up just to get passed one spot.

As for an overhaul with generation 5, what I don't want to see is the same story and events as the previous games. I'd rather not be ten year old, who gets a pokemon from a local scientist of one of 3 types. Has a rival or a few that occasionally find and battle you, but always get the pokemon out of the 3 that can beat yours more easily. Have 8 gyms that I have to travel the world to challenge the leaders of in a linear path, so I can eventually challenge the elite 4 and a champion to beat the game. Have occasional run ins with a criminal organization, and eventually get caught up in their affairs and take them down, possibly by stopping them from obtaining a legendary pokemon, by catching it myself. Have to find someone to trade with other versions of the game to obtain tons of the pokemon, especially when you have to trade your pokemon to evolve it.

What I'd like to see:

Less linearity. I want to be able to explore more open environments. Rather than being forced down a path and then not being able to get to the next one until I take a specific action takes away from the adventure element of the game at this point in time. I'd much rather be limited in my exploration due to my pokemon not being strong enough to fight off the wild pokemon in the area, than having to stop and fight a gym so I can cut down a tree in a gap in a fence that anyone should be able to jump over. Look again at the story I discussed in the previous paragraph. Think about all the different trainers you meet on your journey through the world. You meet rangers, hikers, school children, swimmers, police officers, scientists, ect. All of these different "classes" seem to have different stories, they're not all trying to use Pokemon to earn gym badges and challenge a pokemon league. Remember the Gamecube RPGs for a moment. Sure, they weren't great games (mainly because you were limited to the towns, and there weren't really wild pokemon, not to mention half the battles resulted in you having to catch a relatively difficult to catch pokemon if you wanted to 100% the game.) but they were still worth a play through. Why? because they were so different from the other games in the series, but still kept the core mechanics. Look at the 3rd Generation games now for a second. The reason I personally enjoyed them the most was because of how open to exploration they were. You were still forced down a linear path, yes, but once you beat the game, there was still a lot of the world that you probably hadn't explored yet. There were real mysteries that you had to solve in order to obtain some of the legendary pokemon. To get the reggies, you had to first find the dive spot in the heavy current, then you had to translate the brail on the wall of the cave. Then you had to find out what the riddle ("Six dots open three doors") actually meant. Then you needed to find and acquire relicanth, and the wailord and figure out which positions to put them in in your party, and then even when you returned to the cave to open the doors, you needed to figure out where the reggie caves actually were so you could go catch them. It took my friends and myself a summer (nobody used guides back then where I lived) to complete that entire series of events. In Diamond and Pearl, there were no secrets like that. All you needed to do was find the caves that the legendaries lived in, and go capture them. Even the areas that you could explore were more limited in the 4th generation. There weren't really any huge open areas like the Sea, or the dessert in ruby and sapphire. The only comparable area was the snow area, which was fairly empty if I remember correctly. Now imagine if the entire game world, as I was leading into before, was exploreable at your own pace. and much bigger. What if you weren't guided towards anything. What if you had to go through the game based on information you got from NPCs about where other towns were. What if to find legendaries, rather than some random new route or cave opening up when you completed a certain action, you actually had to go out and find for yourself where they were. It would also be great if rather than making you wait for a wifi event, or go out to an IRL event to get certain pokemon, or like I said before, trade with friends to get the pokemon from other versions, all the 400 some pokemon that there are now (plus the new ones) were included in one game from the start, and all you had to do was find out where they were in the world and go capture them. Game Freak need to look at what other RPG developers are doing to see how something like this could work. Look at Fallout 3 (at least some of you must have played it). As soon as you exit the vault, the world is open. You can go anywhere, and do anything. Not only that, but the world is massive. The only catch is, that the enemies get harder when you get further away from the entrance to the vault. You can't go to the city right away, its filled with super mutants, and mercenaries, and raiders, and enclave soldiers, and all sorts of other difficult enemies. You can't go far in any of the other directions right away for fear of running right into a raider or super mutant camp, or coming across a deathclaw. You still follow a linear story, visiting certain places in the world in an order, but at the same time, you can go on a huge number of side quests, and really explore the world at your own pace. This is the direction that I think needs to be taken with Pokemon to keep it fresh.

My opinion of each of the different generations:

1) It started everything. The core mechanics were all set, and the concept was revolutionary at the time.

2) A worthy sequel to the first generation. Many things were added, but at the same time, not much of the old stuff improved.

3) As someone else said, it was the game that modernized the series. The graphics were WAY better. The new Pokemon were much better than the ones in the 2nd generation. The level design was much better. The world felt much more natural, and as I mentioned before, better for exploration. There were lots of secrets to explore you cold spend hours just looking for new islands, or dive holes. There were large caves which entry was completely optional, but rewarded the player with rare pokemon if they could reach its most inner area.

4) The generation that was really a step back. The graphics improved again, but not as much. The world was more enclosed, like the first two generations. There were no big secrets. It was obvious where the legendary pokemon were. The new pokemon design was nowhere near as good as the 3rd generation.

The no secrets thing against Gen IV is probably my fault...

The no secrets thing against Gen IV is probably my fault...

I actually didn't use your site for finding the legendaries, aside from Reggigias and finding out that they actually existed via the pokedex. Although, I did use it for a bunch of other stuff at that time.

I thought Gen 3 was the weakest tbh. 2 introduced the day/night system and doubled the game world and added a huge number of (quite original) Pokemon, whereas 3 just added bland Pokemon. Then 4 brought it right up to date with wifi abilities and the graphics and all that lot.

I hope the whole game will be an edgy noir B&W flashback to Oak's days as a Pokemon trainer.

Pokemon Black and White? Boring!

STFU!

Black and white sounds awesome, simple and effective :D Bring it on!

Boring!!!!!!!!!! lololol jk. Awesome. Cannot wait to see the awesome new Pokemanz.

I bet the story will revolve around legendary pokemons related to the sun and the moon with an eclipse to unlock the third one. :rolleyes:

Be much better if it turned out to be a race war with the pokemon caught in the middle

I bet the story will revolve around legendary pokemons related to the sun and the moon with an eclipse to unlock the third one. :rolleyes:

Those would actually be better names: Pokémon Sun, Moon and Eclipse. What are they going to call the third one for Black and White? Grey?

I have a feeling that most people will buy the Black one because they would feel guilty if they bought the White one.